Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A potential spouse is a non-mahram

:salams

Many sisters nowadays forget or aren't aware that their potential spouse is a non-mahram. They treat him like their own mahrams, sitting with him in khalwa, meeting in private, laughing and cracking jokes. Some sisters may go to extremes by taking selfies with their potential spouse and posting it on social media, or even take their hijabs off.

All these above actions are wrong because this potential spouse is not yet a husband, he's only a potential. He should be treated like an ordinary stranger you see down the street. Any interaction or communication with a potential spouse should be in front of a wali and sisters must be dress modestly with full hijab in his presence. Only after the nikah is done, he becomes a husband and it becomes halal to laugh, joke, take off hijab, ecetra.

I understand the majority of sisters on here know all these things, but this is just a reminder because I see on many threads that some fall into these mistakes. If a potential spouse was treated as a non-mahram, there wouldn't be any heartbreaks or problems because there wouldn't be any attachments formed in the first place. I hope this reminder was of some benefit :insha:
    “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Re: A potential spouse is a non-mahram

*slow clap*
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Bump
      “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Comment

:wswrwb:

hmmmm :1popcorn: *gets placards ready to protest

*chants:

WHERE IS WALI??

WHERE IS WALI??

NO WALI, NO 'HUBBY'

NO WALI, NO WIFEY because that is NAUGHTY.

#FOLLOWTHEWALI

WOOOOOOOOOO

Yes, wali, wali, and wali (for those that have one) because invalid, invalid, invalid, then we can talk about marriage girls and boys and the rest of the people.

:jkk:
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Working...
        X