Obedience to your husband is the key to Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obedience to your husband is the key to Paradise

“And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Re: Obedience to your husband is the key to Paradise

great reminder jzk Allah khayr and beware of this

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.” They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).” It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allah?” He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1052)
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Obedience to your husband is the key to Paradise

Subhan Allah.

Husbands have some rights too!

Comment

Yes!! Finally a thread which makes sense..

Listen up sisters and fear Allah swt.. It don't matter how much you pray or do good deeds.. If you disobbey your husbands then you won't wnter Janna.. Also if he sleeps upset with you then the Angels will curse you all night until you wake up.

May Allah swt guide us all
        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
        Guide me on your path to your janna,
        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
          Yes!! Finally a thread which makes sense..

Listen up sisters and fear Allah swt.. It don't matter how much you pray or do good deeds.. If you disobbey your husbands then you won't wnter Janna.. Also if he sleeps upset with you then the Angels will curse you all night until you wake up.

May Allah swt guide us all

sister I dont think you can just say "you wont enter jannah" this is not something you can know. its like if you dont wear the hijab you wont enter jannah.

anyway I have a question.. I thought if he sleeps upset with the wife if she refused intimacy for no reason then the angels curse. or does it mean if he sleep angry at her for any reason?

and also what about husbands who are over controlling? like they dont allow the wife to have any friends or do anything that isn't just for him? is that also allowed?
          and I have a question here too
          Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
          great reminder jzk Allah khayr and beware of this

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.” They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).” It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allah?” He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1052)
          what is deemed as ungrateful exactly? because I know there are people who if they did something nice to you and then they displease you with something and bring that up they say " oh youre so ungrateful i did this and that".

so if a husband thinks a wife is ungrateful does that automaticlly mean she is ungrateful or only when its mentioned in the hadith to belittle someone and say they never had any good come from them. because I know sooo many people who think if a wife is upset that a husband did something bad to her and she addressed it, that means shes ungrateful.

like does it really mean a woman should always be submissive and passive and only live for the skae of her husband? like is it extreme to a level where everything must only go his way and she should never ever argue on something that displeases her?

for example what if there's an argument and both want to bring out their side of the story and the husband says "shut up dont argue i only want to bring my side of the story only" ? is the woman suppose to shut up then? but isn't that unfair? like a husband and wife are partners where both should have the right to bring out their side of the story when during an argument or else someones feeling will get soo repressed and they might end up full of hate.
          Last edited by blk panther; 13-05-16, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I'm sure this thread will develop into a civil and mature discussion.

No, actually, nothing drives Muslim women crazier than the word "obedience." At least this time OP is not a man! Alhamdulillah!

I have no expectations of my wife being obedient to me. I'll be very surprised if she isn't rebellious or ungrateful at some point. But it will happen more than once, I'm sure, and I will try to bear it with sabr in shaa Allah.
            Last edited by Stoic Believer; 13-05-16, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blk panther View Post
              sister I dont think you can just say "you wont enter jannah" this is not something you can know. its like if you dont wear the hijab you wont enter jannah.

anyway I have a question.. I thought if he sleeps upset with the wife if she refused intimacy for no reason then the angels curse. or does it mean if he sleep angry at her for any reason?

and also what about husbands who are over controlling? like they dont allow the wife to have any friends or do anything that isn't just for him? is that also allowed?
              and I have a question here too

what is deemed as ungrateful exactly? because I know there are people who if they did something nice to you and then they displease you with something and bring that up they say " oh youre so ungrateful i did this and that".

so if a husband thinks a wife is ungrateful does that automaticlly mean she is ungrateful or only when its mentioned in the hadith to belittle someone and say they never had any good come from them. because I know sooo many people who think if a wife is upset that a husband did something bad to her and she addressed it, that means shes ungrateful.

like does it really mean a woman should always be submissive and passive and only live for the skae of her husband? like is it extreme to a level where everything must only go his way and she should never ever argue on something that displeases her?

for example what if there's an argument and both want to bring out their side of the story and the husband says "shut up dont argue i only want to bring my side of the story only" ? is the woman suppose to shut up then? but isn't that unfair? like a husband and wife are partners where both should have the right to bring out their side of the story when during an argument or else someones feeling will get soo repressed and they might end up full of hate.
              Perhaps this helps?

It was narrated that 'Abdullah bin Abbas said:
              "There was an eclipse of the sun and the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) prayed and the people with him. He stood for long time reciting something like Surah Al-Baqarah, then he raised (his head) and stood for a long time, then he raised (his head) and stood for a long time which was shorter than the first time. Then he bowed for a long time, which was shorter than the first time, then he prostrated. Then he got up and stood for a long time, which was shorter than the first time, then he bowed for a long time, which was shorter than the first time, then he raised (his head) and stood for a long time, which was shorter than the first time. Then he bowed for a long time, which was shorter than the first time, then he prostrated, then he finished (his prayer) and the sun had been clear. He said: 'The sun and the moon are two of the signs of Allah (SWT) and they do not become eclipsed for the death or birth of anyone. If you see that then remember Allah (SWT) the Mighty and Sublime.' They said: 'O Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), we saw you stretching out your hand when you were standing, then we saw you moving backward. He said: 'I saw Paradise-or it was shown to me- and I reached out to a take a bunch of its fruits. If I ha taken it you would have eaten from it for as long as this world lasts. And I saw Hell and I have never seen anything like it, and I saw that most of its inhabitants are women.' They said: "Why, O Messenger of Allah (ﷺ)? He said: 'Because of their ingratitude.' It was said: 'Are they ungrateful to Allah?' He said: 'They are ungrateful to their husbands and they are ungrateful for kind treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime, then she sees (one) bad thing from you, she will say: I have never seen anything good from you.'"

أَخْبَرَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ سَلَمَةَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ الْقَاسِمِ، عَنْ مَالِكٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي زَيْدُ بْنُ أَسْلَمَ، عَنْ عَطَاءِ بْنِ يَسَارٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، قَالَ خَسَفَتِ الشَّمْسُ فَصَلَّى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَالنَّاسُ مَعَهُ فَقَامَ قِيَامًا طَوِيلاً قَرَأَ نَحْوًا مِنْ سُورَةِ الْبَقَرَةِ - قَالَ - ثُمَّ رَكَعَ رُكُوعًا طَوِيلاً ثُمَّ رَفَعَ فَقَامَ قِيَامًا طَوِيلاً وَهُوَ دُونَ الْقِيَامِ الأَوَّلِ ثُمَّ رَكَعَ رُكُوعًا طَوِيلاً وَهُوَ دُونَ الرُّكُوعِ الأَوَّلِ ثُمَّ سَجَدَ ثُمَّ قَامَ قِيَامًا طَوِيلاً وَهُوَ دُونَ الْقِيَامِ الأَوَّلِ ثُمَّ رَكَعَ رُكُوعًا طَوِيلاً وَهُوَ دُونَ الرُّكُوعِ الأَوَّلِ ثُمَّ رَفَعَ فَقَامَ قِيَامًا طَوِيلاً وَهُوَ دُونَ الْقِيَامِ الأَوَّلِ ثُمَّ رَكَعَ رُكُوعًا طَوِيلاً وَهُوَ دُونَ الرُّكُوعِ الأَوَّلِ ثُمَّ سَجَدَ ثُمَّ انْصَرَفَ وَقَدْ تَجَلَّتِ الشَّمْسُ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ إِنَّ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ آيَتَانِ مِنْ آيَاتِ اللَّهِ لاَ يَخْسِفَانِ لِمَوْتِ أَحَدٍ وَلاَ لِحَيَاتِهِ فَإِذَا رَأَيْتُمْ ذَلِكَ فَاذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ رَأَيْنَاكَ تَنَاوَلْتَ شَيْئًا فِي مَقَامِكَ هَذَا ثُمَّ رَأَيْنَاكَ تَكَعْكَعْتَ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ إِنِّي رَأَيْتُ الْجَنَّةَ أَوْ أُرِيتُ الْجَنَّةَ فَتَنَاوَلْتُ مِنْهَا عُنْقُودًا وَلَوْ أَخَذْتُهُ لأَكَلْتُمْ مِنْهُ مَا بَقِيَتِ الدُّنْيَا وَرَأَيْتُ النَّارَ فَلَمْ أَرَ كَالْيَوْمِ مَنْظَرًا قَطُّ وَرَأَيْتُ أَكْثَرَ أَهْلِهَا النِّسَاءَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا لِمَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ ‏"‏ بِكُفْرِهِنَّ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قِيلَ يَكْفُرْنَ بِاللَّهِ قَالَ ‏"‏ يَكْفُرْنَ الْعَشِيرَ وَيَكْفُرْنَ الإِحْسَانَ لَوْ أَحْسَنْتَ إِلَى إِحْدَاهُنَّ الدَّهْرَ ثُمَّ رَأَتْ مِنْكَ شَيْئًا قَالَتْ مَا رَأَيْتُ مِنْكَ خَيْرًا قَطُّ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
              Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)
              Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 1493
              In-book reference : Book 16, Hadith 35
              English translation : Vol. 2, Book 16, Hadith 1494

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

No, actually, nothing drives Muslim women crazier than the word "obedience." At least this time OP is not a man! Alhamdulillah!

I have no expectations of my wife being obedient to me. I'll be very surprised if she isn't rebellious or ungrateful at some point. But it will happen more than once, I'm sure, and I will try to bear it with sabr in shaa Allah.
                Ma Sha Allah, bro. I pray that you are bless with a righteous spouse - you have a very mature attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimBro17 View Post
                  Ma Sha Allah, bro. I pray that you are bless with a righteous spouse - you have a very mature attitude.
                  I don't know about mature lol, but this is how I've started to feel about the whole obedience thing. I harbor no fantasies about the perfect, submissive, obedient wife. Women nowadays just aren't like that.

Comment

Alhamdulillah for this thread, its always threads about how men should treat their wives, i like this, keep them coming :jkk:
                    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

to you what is ungrateful and disobedient? please give example.
                      do you think women be fully submissive to their husbands like a stepford wife kind of way or in way where she just respects that the husband has the last word but she has a backbone and will argue if something is seemed unjust to her? if she did, would you consider that to be disobedience?

Comment

I don't know about mature lol, but this is how I've started to feel about the whole obedience thing. I harbor no fantasies about the perfect, submissive, obedient wife. Women nowadays just aren't like that.
                        It saddens me that you think like that but saddens me more that you might be right :( some woman are used too too much
                        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Just want to add a piece of advice insha Allah

Trust me sisters if you make your husband feel loved and important he will if he fears Allah do anything for you.

The trouble is that sometimes wives feel like they are degrading themselves by being what they feel is submissive and subservient. It is perfectly possible to maintain your self dignity and honour and still be an obedient wife. In return your husband will be the happiest man in the world.

Yes there are husbands who abuse this (probably because of the way they were brought up or because they just don't fear Allah) and in my opinion these are the biggest losers ever if they don't appreciate an obedient and caring wife.

Comment

Alhamdulillah beautiful thread masha'Allah

An obedient wife will bring out the best in her husband. Take this from the perspective of a man, we will fulfil any demand for a wife who's obedient and respectful.

As the old arabic proverb goes: "be a servant for him and he'll be a slave to you"

Comment

Originally posted by blk panther View Post
                              to you what is ungrateful and disobedient? please give example.
                              do you think women be fully submissive to their husbands like a stepford wife kind of way or in way where she just respects that the husband has the last word but she has a backbone and will argue if something is seemed unjust to her? if she did, would you consider that to be disobedience?
                              Obedient meaning she should respect my word as the last word. If she thinks I am being unjust, then she should present her points in a clear, calm manner. I'm more than willing to listen; I would hate to be a controlling jerk, I saw too much of that in my parent's marriage.

But she should not pout and be angry if things don't go her way, or if she is wrong about something. I've never seen a woman willingly admit she was wrong, tbh.

By ungrateful I mean what Rasulullah(saw) means by it. See post #7 by MuslimBro17 above.

But like I said, I don't have expectations of an obedient wife.

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                              It saddens me that you think like that but saddens me more that you might be right :( some woman are used too too much
                              I think women nowadays just think of obedience as degrading, or enslaving themselves to their husband. I also think women are afraid of being abused, manipulated, taken advantage of, etc. That's why there's the saying "Treat him mean, keep him keen." I can't say I blame women for being afraid of this, though.

Oh well. Don't be sad. I'm not. It is what it is.
                              Last edited by Stoic Believer; 13-05-16, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X