• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seeking wife in Egypt vs. India

Originally posted by m7md View Post
    thats being better in sight of Allah,
    but being better is sight of someone else is different,
    its similar to how when a man is rich vs poor, no matter which verse u quote, there is an inclination towards one, same with beauty,
    these r the realities of this world, and u cant argue with that lol
    What makes a woman always beautiful is not just her physical appearance. This is only a small part that eyes enjoy looking at for the first few months.

Comment

Originally posted by konamiuss View Post
      Assalam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I am American visiting Cairo for Ramadan and will be here for the next 2.5 months insha’Allah, then I am planning on going to India to look for a wife. I have not beenlooking for a wife here and am wondering if maybe I should be. Based on what I’m looking for, I think India would be the best place in the world to find a suitable wife, but I’m not sure about this at all because of the sectarian problems there.

What I’m looking for is:
      - good deen
      - love and respect for barelvis, deobandis, salafis, sufis, shias, etc.
      - love and respect for hindus, zoroastrians, yazidis, taoists, jews etc.
      - love and respect for vedas, gita (book that led me to Islam), avestas, bible, etc.
      - studiousness
      - love of poverty and the poor

This may be too much to ask for, but I think it’s worth giving India a try. I’m mainly concerned that too many of the women / families in India will hate and condemn either the Barelvis or the Deobandis. My beliefs are much closer to Barelvism, but I can’t tolerate takfirism, and I’m learning Islam from Deobandis so some Barelvis might hate me for that.

Whoever I marry, I will probably move to their country. I'd rather live in India than Egypt, but both are options.

misc. info: my family is 100% non-Muslim and somewhat hostile towards Islam, so their input isn't important to me. My work is online so I don't need to take off from work to go around wife-hunting...

Any thoughts? Might I be better off looking for a wife here?
      You seem a bit confused and not so much realistic.
      You should not look for a wife based on nationality.
      Consider also the cultural/language barriers you may face when seeking for a spouse and then dealing with families. Unfortunately not everyone is so open.
      Try first in your muslim community and see how things go.

Comment

Originally posted by Alina15 View Post
        What makes a woman always beautiful is not just her physical appearance. This is only a small part that eyes enjoy looking at for the first few months.
        yes, but i never disputed this,

Comment

Originally posted by m7md View Post
          yes, but i never disputed this,
          Actually there is nothing wrong if someone wants to marry a pretty wife.

The women also have conditions to get married , like the guy has to have this qualification , has to be established with good job etc. I am not making this up , I know someone women who are above 30 , earning ( also divorced ) and still want a spouse who has a good job. Even if someone practicing proposes , they are not bothered. Its surprising that if a person is well established and all , he would be going to get married someone back home or younger or unmarried. I simply do not understand that logic. Just hope Allah gives them some sense.

Comment

Comment

Why would you go for cheap leather when you can get the real thing?

Why go for inferiority when you have a chance at Arab superiority? Marry Arab, You'll never look back.

Just kidding. Have no advice to offer, just go with your heart bro.
              Sisters shouldn't respond to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
                India bro! The girls are way prettier make Dua I marry one
                It's not about being pretty though... The deen, manner come first.. You could marry a beautiful women but live in misery
                I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                Guide me on your path to your janna,
                Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                  It's not about being pretty though... The deen, manner come first.. You could marry a beautiful women but live in misery
                  Absolutely.
                  Indeed we belong to Allah,
                  and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

No, it's all about being pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                      No, it's all about being pretty.
                      Good luck
                      I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                      Guide me on your path to your janna,
                      Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                        You're wrong. It's a big factor.

Pretty pious women are the best.
                        your view of beauty is totally subjective though
                        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Majority of young Indian women are not interested in the Barelvi-Deobandi-Wahhabi sectarian debates and don't care about them. They usually follow whatever beliefs their families follow.

It's only the ignorant men who are busy calling one another kaafir by listening to hate speeches & lectures of unworthy men who occupy the mimbar these days.

If a person is secure in his beliefs, he will be more concerned about his own actions & will continue working & giving dawah towards haq without any need for name-calling. It's only the insecure people who feel the need to insult, malign & degrade others.

If you're looking for a pious wife in India , I would advise you to marry an Indian revert rather than a born Muslim (they usually come with lots of cultural baggage) .

Contact Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui...he has not only helped hundreds of people in India revert to Islam but also gotten them married to suitable spouses.

Comment

Good luck
                            No such thing as luck.

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                            your view of beauty is totally subjective though
                            The subjectivity of beauty is very limited.

Comment

Working...
                            X