Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking wife in Egypt vs. India

Re: Seeking wife in Egypt vs. India

Before you look for a wife perhaps you need to spend more time on studying the deen.
    By then your preferences in a wife may also change as I'm stumped as to why you want a wife who loves all non-Muslims and their scriptures too ...

Having said that I think you could easily find those kind of Muslims in the US ....the 'we are all Children of God' types.

Comment

Brother, how can we have love and respect for people that commit the worst and most atrocious sin (shirk)? In fact, it's part of our religion to hate what they do and condem it, not have love for it. The Hindus and the rest of the polytheists are najis (impure), as said by Allah.

Marrying someone who is closer to your culture and will understand your customs and habits is a wise thing to do, and Allah knows best.

Comment

:wswrwb:

A woman can't have good deen and love and respect for the kuffar.

Wouldn't it be better to marry an American seeing as you are American yourself?
        Narrated Anas:
        The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by konamiuss View Post
          Assalam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I am American visiting Cairo for Ramadan and will be here for the next 2.5 months insha’Allah, then I am planning on going to India to look for a wife. I have not beenlooking for a wife here and am wondering if maybe I should be. Based on what I’m looking for, I think India would be the best place in the world to find a suitable wife, but I’m not sure about this at all because of the sectarian problems there.

What I’m looking for is:
          - good deen
          - love and respect for barelvis, deobandis, salafis, sufis, shias, etc.
          - love and respect for hindus, zoroastrians, yazidis, taoists, jews etc.
          - love and respect for vedas, gita (book that led me to Islam), avestas, bible, etc.
          - studiousness
          - love of poverty and the poor

This may be too much to ask for, but I think it’s worth giving India a try. I’m mainly concerned that too many of the women / families in India will hate and condemn either the Barelvis or the Deobandis. My beliefs are much closer to Barelvism, but I can’t tolerate takfirism, and I’m learning Islam from Deobandis so some Barelvis might hate me for that.

Whoever I marry, I will probably move to their country. I'd rather live in India than Egypt, but both are options.

misc. info: my family is 100% non-Muslim and somewhat hostile towards Islam, so their input isn't important to me. My work is online so I don't need to take off from work to go around wife-hunting...

Any thoughts? Might I be better off looking for a wife here?
          Basically what is most important is to marry a woman who is virtuous; that is one who is honest, sincere, patient, modest, loving and compassionate; and one whose appearance and whose character you like. Her nationality or ethnicity is but of secondary importance.

Egyptians are, by and large, good and virtuous people; and so are Indians. But seeing that you are American, I'd recommend marrying someone who shares your mother tongue and your cultural heritage.

And Allah is Wiser.
          Last edited by Siraj al-Din; 13-05-16, 01:50 AM.

Comment

India bro! The girls are way prettier make Dua I marry one

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
              India bro! The girls are way prettier make Dua I marry one
              Just because a woman is prettier, doesn't make her better.

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                Just because a woman is prettier, doesn't make her better.
                Yes it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                  Yes it does.
                  Nah. The only ones better are those who are better in piety and good action.

'All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.' Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

You can't argue with that lol

Comment

Nah. The only ones better are those who are better in piety and good action.

'All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.' Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

You can't argue with that lol
                    Sure. And a pretty pious woman is much better than an unpretty one. In terms of wife material, that is.

Comment

Comment

Sure. And a pretty pious woman is much better than an unpretty one. In terms of wife material, that is.
                        If you're a beautiful woman, you're more likely to get afflicted with the evil eye and have perverts bothering you. Doesn't sound very fun to me.
                        Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 13-05-16, 05:28 AM.

Comment

If you're a beautiful woman, you're more likely to get afflicted with the evil eye and have perverts bothering you. Doesn't sound very fun to me.
                          Yeah, and they are also much better wife material than non-beautiful women.

Comment

Yeah, and they are also much better wife material than non-beautiful women.
                            You don't know that. Where's your evidence lol. You don't know what goes on in people's marriages. Beauty is not a factor that guarantees happy marriage.

Comment

You don't know that. Where's your evidence lol. You don't know what goes on in people's marriages. Beauty is not a factor that guarantees happy marriage.
                              You're wrong. It's a big factor.

Pretty pious women are the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X