White British Islam and Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: White British Islam and Marriage

I watched the vid.... aww he seems nice- his wife is lucky ;)

Anyway he didn't say anything wrong in the vid. I don't know what all the fuss is about.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      I watched the vid.... aww he seems nice- his wife is lucky ;)

Anyway he didn't say anything wrong in the vid. I don't know what all the fuss is about.
      Yeah, mashaAllah nice dude. I think people are generally sensitive to culture, in general, because I think many of us have experienced the downsides of culture when it is mixed in with religion.

For me, I think it's important reverts establish their own identity so that their children do not feel out of place. I know we are supposed to be joined by Islam and I genuinely live by that notion, but the fact is people are separated by culture. It affects our traditions, what food we eat, what we deem appropriate or inappropriate etc. So, it would be nice if, inshaAllah the next generation of white born Muslims have that same sense of community and belonging -- that's all.

Or maybe reverts (from typically non-muslim backgrounds) are a blessing on the Ummah in that they force us to discard our differences and focus on what unites us - Islam. I don't know, really.
      And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
      http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
        Lol how ironic this revert guys youtube name is "sam of somalia" but he is an cadaan. What happened to british identity?
        Just wait a while, trust me he will grab all the Arab customs and put it to himself just to look "Islamic" like the majority Muslims do nowadays.

It pains me to see people leaving their culture and choosing to do what Arabs do. This is because most Muslims mix culture with Islam so they think Arab culture = Islam. They think everything Arab associate with Islam and not everything else.

:salams:

In matters of culture, we shouldn't become arabs or indo-paks, or whomever but instead seek our own balance between Islamic norms and our culture just as they did many years ago.

Best reply of the thread!

Comment

Why can't he have a cultural identity? Islam doesn't forbid culture islam recognises culture but culture shouldn't precede islam. We are dictated by culture at some point be it in language dress food customs social customs ect
          82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Working...
          X