and Hamza Yusuf tried to claim Kuffar are Shaheed,

they ain't worth the poop to be frank,

a Shaheed dies Fi Sabilillah,

Kuffar die Fi Sabi Shaytaan,

total opposites

:jkk:
    :brf:

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    I think if some members are thinking of this under the current political context of course this will feel quite serious to them.

If others see it as a nice love letter from a husband to his wife as a farewell so what? Why the need to take this out of proportion and make it seem like a person has committed a crime by sharing this?

It's a sensitive subject and we all must understand that some people aren't aware of certain things, so please, just give them a chance, just because you may know more about this or something similar doesn't mean you should be so pessimistic about it.

I'm not a big fan of love letters but if this is truly written by someone that fought for Allah it requires a bit more respect and we should be careful about criticising it.

We should leave it.

Well said :jkk:

Comment

Re: A mujahid's letter to his dear wife

I think if some members are thinking of this under the current political context of course this will feel quite serious to them.

If others see it as a nice love letter from a husband to his wife as a farewell so what? Why the need to take this out of proportion and make it seem like a person has committed a crime by sharing this?

It's a sensitive subject and we all must understand that some people aren't aware of certain things, so please, just give them a chance, just because you may know more about this or something similar doesn't mean you should be so pessimistic about it.

I'm not a big fan of love letters but if this is truly written by someone that fought for Allah it requires a bit more respect and we should be careful about criticising it.

We should leave it.

It still makes me cringe by the sheer mushy factor of it.

If it's a real love letter to his wife, then it isn't right for us to read it and share it with others. It may be cute to them, but it may induce goosebumps to others.

Perhaps you need the right sort of mindset to find this romantic or charming.
      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
      Surah al-Baqarah
      [2:245]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

If it's a real love letter to his wife, then it isn't right for us to read it and share it with others. It may be cute to them, but it may induce goosebumps to others.

I don't think it's about right or wrong when it comes to finding it romantic. Personally, I don't find it romantic or too mushy, it doesn't mean much to me because it's not addressed to me and I don't know who this is written by.

If it's been spread already and we don't even know the actual source and whether it's genuine or not then it's simply a love letter.

But if the recipient of this letter was happy and willing to share it then I don't see any problems with that. If it is a soldier of Allah then I understand your second line as it is serious and I wonder what scholars would say about sharing it.
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I sense jealousy by the looks of it :there:

Comment

I don't think it's about right or wrong when it comes to finding it romantic. Personally, I don't find it romantic or too mushy, it doesn't mean much to me because it's not addressed to me and I don't know who this is written by.

If it's been spread already and we don't even know the actual source and whether it's genuine or not then it's simply a love letter.

But if the recipient of this letter was happy and willing to share it then I don't see any problems with that. If it is a soldier of Allah then I understand your second line as it is serious and I wonder what scholars would say about sharing it.
            Ya'sin, if you died but wrote a 'sweet' love letter to your husband, how would you feel if he decided to share it with the world?

If my spouse did that after I died, I'd probably haunt them for it. Letters like that are not meant for the eyes of many, but only for the eyes that you love.
            مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
            Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Ya'sin, if you died but wrote a 'sweet' love letter to your husband, how would you feel if he decided to share it with the world?

If my spouse did that after I died, I'd probably haunt them for it. Letters like that are not meant for the eyes of many, but only for the eyes that you love.
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Thread: A Mujahid beautiful letter to his wife.
                UF Posters: Omg this is so sweet! Allahu Akbar what a lion! I want to be like this!
                News: IS member writes a letter
                UF posters: what a khawarij! He probably beheaded her after! Dog of hell!

Are you a tomboy ?
                Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                  Thread: A Mujahid beautiful letter to his wife.
                  UF Posters: Omg this is so sweet! Allahu Akbar what a lion! I want to be like this!
                  News: IS member writes a letter
                  UF posters: what a khawarij! He probably beheaded her after! Dog of hell!

Are you a tomboy ?
                  What's with the neg rep

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                    Are you a tomboy ?
                    ?

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Working...
                    X