Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wife divorces husband five days into marriage

"But but you should have checked his background beforehand! "

Lol. If your job isn't related to investigating people, then good luck. Everyone lies and they will specially lie to make someone they know look good.

Comment

This woman should have inquired about the man before marrying him.

Comment

This reminds me of the quote "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you"

& then I am reminded of one of the greatest women in Islam "Asiya The wife of Pharaoh".

As you can see, I don't agree with the sisters move. Marriage = think 10x before jumping in and think 50x before getting out. Seems like the sister used western method of making and breaking marriage.
        Last edited by Kya; 06-05-16, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Ofcourese there are many unanswered questions. Did the husband flat out refuse to believe in need to pray? You know those new age muslim who believe faith is spiritual and reject all the ritual pillars. If that is the case, I support her. But if it was him being lazy and out of practice then I feel she should have worked with him.

BTW finding information about a guys prayer habit in Muslim community is very easy. When we were "searching" it was the easiest information for us to get. You ask xyz in the community about the said guy or show his pic & first comment people make is "oh I see him at masjid"

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
            Ofcourese there are many unanswered questions. Did the husband flat out refuse to believe in need to pray? You know those new age muslim who believe faith is spiritual and reject all the ritual pillars. If that is the case, I support her. But if it was him being lazy and out of practice then I feel she should have worked with him.

BTW finding information about a guys prayer habit in Muslim community is very easy. When we were "searching" it was the easiest information for us to get. You ask xyz in the community about the said guy or show his pic & first comment people make is "oh I see him at masjid"
            It could be also that he does other sinful things too which she did not want to expose in public.
            Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
              This reminds me of the quote "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you"

& then I am reminded of one of the greatest women in Islam "Asiya The wife of Pharaoh".

As you can see, I don't agree with the sisters move. Marriage = think 10x before jumping in and think 50x before getting out. Seems like the sister used western method of making and breaking marriage.
              Habibi, "Asiya the wife of Pharoah" and the woman in question are completely different. In today's time, one can go to the judge and seek justice. At that time, the Pharoah decided the justice. People have to make the decision based on what is best for them on the circumstances of the situation. And let it be known, divorce is halal act, and not praying is a haram act. And for those worried about the sister remarrying or having it difficult to marry again - only Allah knows the future. Howeover, I have high hopes that she will find a righteous spouse and I prayed for her and for many brothers and sisters in a similar situation.
              Last edited by MuslimBro17; 06-05-16, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
                "But but you should have checked his background beforehand! "

Lol. If your job isn't related to investigating people, then good luck. Everyone lies and they will specially lie to make someone they know look good.
                No. I strongly disagree about everyone lying.

You don't have to be working for MI5 to know the basics and salah is a basic. Just like you got married you find out the basics first. Yes, some people lie about certain things to get what they want, but even a fool would know he'd get caught in this one if the woman is very pious. It's like an alcoholic marrying a shaykha, surely you wouldn't be that much of an idiot?

Then we have people crying to others, you should have found out about the guy/girl in other threads

I think we are speculating and we don't know the whole story, the fact that it made it to the headlines? How did that happen? Who called them to make it to the news?

Allah hu alam

this thread should get locked.
                Last edited by Ya'sin; 06-05-16, 03:11 PM.
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

May Allah reward her and grant her better ameen.

We are not responsible for other peoples' guidance, we can only remind or warn them. There is no guarantee that anyone will change and if they do decide to change for the better its for their own benefit. This sister will be rewarded either way if this was truly her reason.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

i;m still not getting how divorce works ....

no process of like 3 talaqs required here?

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                      i;m still not getting how divorce works ....

no process of like 3 talaqs required here?
                      either she did khula or she asked him to divorce her to save her the hassle
                      The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                        No. I strongly disagree about everyone lying.

You don't have to be working for MI5 to know the basics and salah is a basic. Just like you got married you find out the basics first. Yes, some people lie about certain things to get what they want, but even a fool would know he'd get caught in this one if the woman is very pious. It's like an alcoholic marrying a shaykha, surely you wouldn't be that much of an idiot?

Then we have people crying to others, you should have found out about the guy/girl in other threads

I think we are speculating and we don't know the whole story, the fact that it made it to the headlines? How did that happen? Who called them to make it to the news?

Allah hu alam

this thread should get locked.
                        That's the weirdest part. Why is this being made public? This is a somewhat private matter as well. But if we look at the language it seem to be made public because other people started talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimBro17 View Post
                          That's the weirdest part. Why is this being made public? This is a somewhat private matter as well. But if we look at the language it seem to be made public because other people started talking about it.
                          Who knows, some news seems to be just about people's personal affairs not actual news.

I can't imagine the man telling everyone that their wife has divorced them because they don't pray, that would be embarrassing for him, nothing to be proud about. And I can't imagine a sister like this telling everyone except her family that she has divorced the man because he doesn't pray, that would be exposing his sins.

There are always people around to make a big deal about it. Just weird, I agree. It's a mystery.
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Mods: wanna close the thread : )

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              Yes

People don't change after marriage for their spouse, don't waste your time.

Don't expect to change any person if they haven't had the courage to change themselves in the first place.
                              That truth severely depressed me as İ am counting on change for me regarding my husband.
                              This woman divorced just after 5 days and İm sitting here two years later...man it feels bad. İ feel like a fool. Allah reward and protect this woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthanasia View Post
                                That truth severely depressed me as İ am counting on change for me regarding my husband.
                                This woman divorced just after 5 days and İm sitting here two years later...man it feels bad. İ feel like a fool. Allah reward and protect this woman.
                                What truth?

Comment

Working...
                                X