Wife divorces husband five days into marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wife divorces husband five days into marriage

Some people put up a facade in the beginning can't be sure that she didn't know beforehand.
    17-07

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
      not really
      why not?

if not praying = no Islam , then wouldn;t that make a person a murtad and fall into the punishment of a murtad?

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
        Huh
        side jab , side jab , low cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
          It's late and peace to all... No matter we may disagree or might be a little emotional deep down we are all muslims and we all care. So I'm sorry if I offended anyone and wish you all peace and mercy for I have much love to you all for the sake of Allah swt. [MENTION=119636]patient believer[/MENTION] I agree sis and wisely spoken Mash'Allah... And lol at the last bit of sentence xxx
          Still against divorce lol

Peace and goodnight
          I think you need to apologize for calling the sister a munafiqah. How? Why?
          You're entitled to your opinions but that was very wrong.
          17-07

Comment

There was once a time this vile woman did not pray.

Comment

hasty decision, in my opinion

then again, it's her life and she has every right to live it the way she wants to

Originally posted by J89Z View Post
              who are you talking about?
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by J89Z View Post
                The only one vile is you, slandering others.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

:salams brothers and sisters

The reason was valid. I mean if someone doesn't pray then, I guess you can. Allahu alam.
                  La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                  (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                  Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdalla94' View Post
                    That's the problem. If she believes the one who doesn't pray is a kaffir, how can she stay with him?

If it was me I would obviously be very upset but we have to look it at from both perspectives. I also don't think she got the divorce before telling him that he needs to pray or she'll leave. If it was any other matter [less serious than Salah] I would've agreed with you but the red line is drawn at salah
                    +1
                    Let not the free disposal (and affluence) of the disbelievers throughout the land deceive you.

[Surah Aali-'Imraan: V. 196]

Comment

Better sooner rather than later.

Can people change after marriage? Short answer, yes. Have you never changed as a result of good direction from your friends? Is the reverse also not something you've noticed?

Some people just don't have the willpower alone, that's why people do many activities in groups. I believe that's one of the foundations TJs etc. are based around and I see this very much interweaved in aspects of Islam and general everyday life from school to work, to social activities. We can argue over whether this makes their actions less authentic, but it's what it is and I see no poin in doing that. Actions eventually become habitual.

But that isn't the question to be asked. The question of importance is: Is that what you want? Is that something you could put up with? Apparently this Sister knew she couldn't and so she acted accordingly. Good for her, may Allah grant her someone better suited to her. It was salaah after all.

That's of course setting the possibility of an misrepresentations aside.
                      Last edited by Soliloquy; 05-05-16, 07:57 AM.
                      Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                      O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                      We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

People are going to extremes and making this personal.

Initially I was very "go girl don't put up with a dude that doesn't pray" view, however like most things it is never that simple and even if it is it tells us a lot about the type of woman she is likely to be. There certainly is an argument for her giving him a chance etc to change perhaps he was just lazy and needed some kindness. Allahu Aalim.

It certainly looks strange that someone wouldn't have a clue about religious commitment before marriage.

In fact I'm surprised people aren't saying perhaps it was a set up (big mahr, lots of gifts then boom your fired because you don't pray!)

On the one hand of course seeking divorce from someone who does not pray is a valid reason.

However it must say something about the personality about this woman.

Either she is extremely trusting of her male relatives and married him without asking any questions.

Or she married for other reasons like looks etc and now she is paying the price.

Or she is simply impulsive and simply not very patient and perhaps when she marries again she will be annoyed by some other habit. However by that time she may have children.

I suppose in one way it's good and caused minimal damage that she divorced early with no kids etc and everyone will get on with their lives. Perhaps the brother she married will now start praying and perhaps he will be rewarded with a wife who is more patient and loving to him.

And perhaps this woman will marry a man who is even stricter than her and won't let her do anything and blackmail her with divorce everyone she tuts or frowns.

Life has a funny way of teaching people lessons and Allah can guide who he wills at any time.

Overall i have a feeling it will work out for everyone.

Comment

Well, it's both good news and bad news. Good news is she wants out, and bad news is...

why the heck didn't they talk about it before marriage? If she considers the daily prayers so important, didn't it cross her mind to clear that up before the actual wedding ceremony?!

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Reflection View Post
                            Nothing about sending an ultimatum within five days without exerting patience, kindness, gentleness and advice. Also brother...the video starts at 0:00...not 0:11....again the scholar talks about someone who was not praying for YEARS AND YEARS....subhanallah all the scholars in their wisdom that I have heard on this issue have discussed the value and importance of time.

If he did not pray once in five days, I think it's safe to say he has not been praying for a very long time.
                            Or should she stay married to him for years and years so she can make sure?

Comment

It is absolutely not the wife;s job to coax and molly coddle her husband into becoming a practising muslim. That is is parents job. Many parents spoil their sons and then expect the wife to come a long and fix him.

Most women put up with useless men because they have no choice, or they are afraid to put up with the stigma of divorce, or they have kids and dont' want to leave. They go their whole lives living with a guy with low emaan. Some times he reforms, sometimes he doens't. It's a gamble, we can't know that if she had stayed with him he would have become a better person after 20 years so so.

This woman was clearly not prepared to put up with the long slog of reforming her husband and decided to bail. Good for her. 5 days is long enough to see how the family operates internally, and how likely he is to change. If the whole family is like the husband then she'll be taking on her entire inlaws by trying to change him. That's not easy and leads to many other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
                                Well, it's both good news and bad news. Good news is she wants out, and bad news is...

why the heck didn't they talk about it before marriage? If she considers the daily prayers so important, didn't it cross her mind to clear that up before the actual wedding ceremony?!

For someone to take the action she has done, I find it very hard to believe that she would not have asked this question before marriage.

Comment

Working...
                                X