Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting the hunt and need advice

Hi all and Salams,

I've started my journey into looking for someone to settle down with. I've signed up to some websites and had good results, as in I've had people message me and we've talked but for one reason or another they weren't the right match. So after three months I may have found a potential and the weird thing is she just so happens to know my niece and some of my other relatives.

So to cut to the chase, I'm not sure how to approach this what questions to ask etc and really understand if she ticks all the boxes. Another thing that's really annoying me is, we've exchanged numbers but she hardly replies so I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time even though she has expressed interest?

I've never done this sort of stuff before so feel pretty lost.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Starting the hunt and need advice

:wswrwb:

Where is the wali in all of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Good question

Comment

None at the moment, but over the weekend my brother said he had a proposal and it looks like it's the same person. So I'll be speaking to him.

Comment

If she doesnt reply, she is not interested bruh.

Not worth your time. You better delete her now.:up:

May Allah give you good spouse.

Goodluck with the hunt, but dont date(meeting up). It will open doors to the Haram world. Been there done that.

I might start my own search for spouse soon Insha Allah, first house :D
          Last edited by ForeverMonotheist1; 26-04-16, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Don't talk to any non-mahram privately.... Privately is 1 on 1 (texting, phone, meeting, etc.)

Allah knows best

Comment

Starting the hunt and need advice

Hunt lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Originally posted by Khan8 View Post
                Good question
                +1

I think some Muslims don't realise how important it is to speak to the wali or they just don't know that it is part of the marriage process.

I will look for my 'WHERE IS WALI?' thread.
                [MENTION=138070]mazmo_88[/MENTION] there are good and bad people on online matrimonial sites so be warned, some are there to mess around and have a fling. I'd advice you to ask whoever you speak to where their wali is (if any).

Don't swap your number with a girl. Speak to the dad right from the start.

All the best!
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by mazmo_88 View Post
                  Hi all and Salams,

I've started my journey into looking for someone to settle down with. I've signed up to some websites and had good results, as in I've had people message me and we've talked but for one reason or another they weren't the right match. So after three months I may have found a potential and the weird thing is she just so happens to know my niece and some of my other relatives.

So to cut to the chase, I'm not sure how to approach this what questions to ask etc and really understand if she ticks all the boxes. Another thing that's really annoying me is, we've exchanged numbers but she hardly replies so I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time even though she has expressed interest?

I've never done this sort of stuff before so feel pretty lost.

Thanks in advance.

Well, it might be she doesn't answer because it's haram. Ask for the number of her wali.

Comment

One can HUNT for bears or HUNT a creature but not a woman. Lol

It's im "looking for" so and so..

Make sure you involve a wali cause on your own it's not gAnna work well... Trust me.
                    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                    Guide me on your path to your janna,
                    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Find your best spear

Comment

Working...
                      X