Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Divorce or not ........

:salams

I am becoming increasingly concerned about the number of threads of the late, on the forum asking questions regarding leaving/divorcing spouses etc.

Alhumdollilah some posters do give fab advice, but at the end of the day this in an internet forum.

Most of our users are young, single, have never been married and do not have any idea what it is like to be married.

Generally, I personally feel there really is not enough wisdom or experience here to fully understand and advise on the complexities within a marital bond, especially when children are involved.

In marital situation, or any relationship, there is more than one person involved and more than one side to the story. Advice is given based on what is written, but only Allah swt knows what really happens.

I am all for giving naseehah, and being there for one another in a good way, masha'Allah its a very noble thing to do, but please please be cautious in what you ask and what you advice.

Asking advice on issues and problems should be okay, but on the matter on divorce, I would sincerely advice against it. Divorce is NOT childs play or game, its a serious issue and should not be taken lightly in the slightest at all!

Of course, abusive marriage are a different ballgame, but again you need to take the correct avenues..

However what I would say is to speak to your local scholar/Imam. If you do not have access to one, please pm me or email me jenicca (at) hotmail.co.uk and I will sincerely try my best to put you in touch someone.

There are also a number of helpful contacts here : http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-Organisations

Furthermore if you are giving advice then think thoroughly before you post. Being in a turbulent marriage is difficult enough as it is without insensitive comments.

:jkk:
    Last edited by Jenicca; 31-03-16, 02:28 PM.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Re: To Divorce or not ........

Waalaikumussalam.
    As always good advice.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

:up: wise girl
      How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Yes I was asking others for advice/opinions and some thought that I was going to divorce mrs based on a poll !!!

Comment

Agree with OP.

Comment

aoa divorce intahai ghatiya amal ha or yeh Allah ko sakht na pasand amal ha .

Comment

Very true and good post

Comment

Working...
              X