Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotionally exposing myself (akward)

Salam aleiykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Note: i dont want you all to see me as sad and depressed and pity me, I'm a happy woman i just wonder abt the following;

So i got divorced (or still tryna get divorced muhim) about a month ago, i do still want to have a family and all that, i love kids... but the tought of a man in my life just puts me off so much atm, i feel like, having been trough this, just exhausted me emotionally, and i feel like i wont have strong feelings for any man again.
    In the sense that it will just be my husband and not that dreamy ideal of 'the man of my life'.

I mean is it so that one day you meet that gr8 guy u always dreamed about, or will he just be the next guy?

I dont rly think i can believe in that princessy teenage dream bs anymore
    What do you guys think, do feelings recover or just like reduce along the way?
    I feel so sad for my future husband if im only gna have my left overs to offer him.
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Re: Emotionally exposing myself (akward)

:wswrwb:

May Allah swt shower his mercy upon you. Ameen

Comment

i don't think you're being overly emotional, it's nice of u to think like this for your future husband inshaAllah. By I think it's still early days and it takes times for hearts to heal. Even in Islam the iddah is 3 months right... So like in that time you should help yourself become you again.

i've gone through points in my life where ive been numb or I thought I wouldn't feel again but a new situation arises and new emotions u didn't know even existed come up. As you get older that 'bubble' pops anyway but I think there's benefit in that because u don't wanna see ur husband as the most ideal man. Just another imperfect human being that u will strive with to gain Allah swt pleasure.

dont let it dishearten you because it's still way too early and normally people say it takes half the length of time you've been married to get over the person if u do get divorced.

find the happiness in life in other ways and keep making dua for Allah swt to heal your heart

read the dua of yunus as and reflect on the story of Yusuf as and even after such emotional incidences how he remained patient and always remember

[53:43] He is the One who makes you laugh or cry.
      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post

Note: i dont want you all to see me as sad and depressed and pity me, I'm a happy woman i just wonder abt the following;

So i got divorced (or still tryna get divorced muhim) about a month ago, i do still want to have a family and all that, i love kids... but the tought of a man in my life just puts me off so much atm, i feel like, having been trough this, just exhausted me emotionally, and i feel like i wont have strong feelings for any man again.
        In the sense that it will just be my husband and not that dreamy ideal of 'the man of my life'.

I mean is it so that one day you meet that gr8 guy u always dreamed about, or will he just be the next guy?

Sounds like you are growing up so it all sounds good to me. It's the difference between a woman and a girl.

The last line you should remove as it's no way anyone should talk about themselves!

Comment

If Allah grants you a good husband and puts love between you and mercy, your feelings can change in an instant inshaAllah.

If I went through a divorce (and I was close to it) I myself would not want to be near another woman for as long as possible myself.

But if Allah wills, all of this will be a lesson for you and it will make you stronger and wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post

i don't think you're being overly emotional, it's nice of u to think like this for your future husband inshaAllah. By I think it's still early days and it takes times for hearts to heal. Even in Islam the iddah is 3 months right... So like in that time you should help yourself become you again.

i've gone through points in my life where ive been numb or I thought I wouldn't feel again but a new situation arises and new emotions u didn't know even existed come up. As you get older that 'bubble' pops anyway but I think there's benefit in that because u don't wanna see ur husband as the most ideal man. Just another imperfect human being that u will strive with to gain Allah swt pleasure.

dont let it dishearten you because it's still way too early and normally people say it takes half the length of time you've been married to get over the person if u do get divorced.

find the happiness in life in other ways and keep making dua for Allah swt to heal your heart

read the dua of yunus as and reflect on the story of Yusuf as and even after such emotional incidences how he remained patient and always remember

[53:43] He is the One who makes you laugh or cry.

Aww thank you sis, that was really nice of you :love:
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Sounds like you are growing up so it all sounds good to me. It's the difference between a woman and a girl.

The last line you should remove as it's no way anyone should talk about themselves!
              Yeah growing up isnt that nice after all, what do you mean by the last sentance? Is it offensive

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                If Allah grants you a good husband and puts love between you and mercy, your feelings can change in an instant inshaAllah.

If I went through a divorce (and I was close to it) I myself would not want to be near another woman for as long as possible myself.

But if Allah wills, all of this will be a lesson for you and it will make you stronger and wiser.
                Yeah i feel the same, it seems like such a drag, even tho i want a family, i dont rly have energy to even receive love, that sounds very weird lol

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Growing up is weird

and sometimes I think it's just married people that feel they lose that airy fairyness like :inlove: but even if you're not married that feeling goes too... Like I think you get older and wiser to the fact that no one on earth will ever be able to satisfy you and even good feelings emotions are temporary
                  ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                  "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                  :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                    Growing up is weird

and sometimes I think it's just married people that feel they lose that airy fairyness like :inlove: but even if you're not married that feeling goes too... Like I think you get older and wiser to the fact that no one on earth will ever be able to satisfy you and even good feelings emotions are temporary
                    Cant we be grown up & fairylike :( i dont wanna change :( am i gna turn into my mum :crying2::crying2:
                    Thats terrifyingl

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I feel so sad for my future husband if im only gna have my left overs to offer him.

Do something else, take up a hobby or something. Keep yourself busy, so you don't feel this way. Its not uncommon for you to feel that especially when it hasn't been long since your divorce.

Give it some time. When you feel like you have recovered emotionally, then perhaps you can look for someone else again.

Comment

Originally posted by R123 View Post
                        Do something else, take up a hobby or something. Keep yourself busy, so you don't feel this way. Its not uncommon for you to feel that especially when it hasn't been long since your divorce.

Give it some time. When you feel like you have recovered emotionally, then perhaps you can look for someone else again.
                        Yeah true, i think i should just leave it for a while, not that im looking for a man atm, im just having that feeling u knw

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Sounds like you're maturing.

Things like divorce tend to do that.

Or you just need to give it a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                            Sounds like you're maturing.

Things like divorce tend to do that.

Or you just need to give it a few months.
                            Yeah probably both, altough i was already very mature, i think i may say that about myself, im just scared to mature too much to the extend that i lose my identity, and walk around being like everyone else

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Sister, do yourself more justice, you have much more than ''left overs'' to offer your future hubby, please don't utter such words. Do you know what your value is as a Muslim woman? Allah SWT dedicated a whole chapter for women in the holy Quran....he created the female from the rib to walk alongside a man.

Women are tough creatures, heaven is laid at the feet of woman (when she becomes a mother), sister....I've witnessed first hand how my mother remarried and then helped my step father build his business, Mash'Allah.

So....no.....you don't have left overs to offer, you have much much much more. Insh'Allah.
                              He who loses money, loses much.

He who loses a friend, loses more.

He who loses faith, loses ALL.

Comment

Working...
                              X