Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bismil
    replied
    Re: Far distance marriage: does it work?

No , long distance marriages are likely to fail.

Leave a comment:

• MuslimLawyer
    replied

lol...now I think about it, it would probably drive me insane too

never underestimate the value of space !

~ML~

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Originally posted by MuslimLawyer View Post
    If I was amongst the richest people on this planet, who has the means to travel the globe at the drop of a hat, no work, no commitments, no monetary issues, then I would STILL want my life companion with me at all times.

If I have my own plane, or helicopter or yacht, then I would want my partner to be by my side at the helm of that vessel.

A marriage is a union of more than just two bodies, or families. It is the binding of 2 souls, and the soul needs physical and emotional support.

Let us not add in the further complication of children.... but everything says, that its better to be together than apart.

Just my own views and experience.

~ML~
    As much as I love my wife and she loves me I don't think either of us want to be in each others pockets 24/7.

Leave a comment:

• MuslimLawyer
    replied

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    What if you have the means to travel around the world and could do at a moments notice?
    If I was amongst the richest people on this planet, who has the means to travel the globe at the drop of a hat, no work, no commitments, no monetary issues, then I would STILL want my life companion with me at all times.

If I have my own plane, or helicopter or yacht, then I would want my partner to be by my side at the helm of that vessel.

A marriage is a union of more than just two bodies, or families. It is the binding of 2 souls, and the soul needs physical and emotional support.

Let us not add in the further complication of children.... but everything says, that its better to be together than apart.

Just my own views and experience.

~ML~

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Originally posted by MuslimLawyer View Post
    long distance marriage ?

lol

they are not your penpal, or an internet buddy....its meant to be your other half...seriously.

I don't think long distance marriages work, they are a recipe for loneliness, depression and temptation.

~ML~
    What if you have the means to travel around the world and could do at a moments notice?

Leave a comment:

• MuslimLawyer
    replied

long distance marriage ?

lol

they are not your penpal, or an internet buddy....its meant to be your other half...seriously.

I don't think long distance marriages work, they are a recipe for loneliness, depression and temptation.

~ML~

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
    Works for some, not for others.
    Lol that sums it up

Leave a comment:

• *sheba*
    replied

Works for some, not for others.

Leave a comment:

• ~TwinklingStar~
    replied

I know plenty of women who're in long-distance marriages and from their experiences, it's not an ideal situation at all. From what I've gathered -

1. After years of living alone, women (perhaps men too) become so used to their independence that they are unable to live together with their spouse longer than a couple of months because they find each other's constant presence annoying. They tend to become irritable at their spouse's interference in their life & fight a lot.

2. Their children too become used to living without a father and develop bad habits. They share no emotional relationship with their father. Since the father only comes once a year, he does not scold the children for fear of drawing them further away from him, hence their bad habits become more ingrained. Obviously, it's impossible for a woman to be a mom & dad at the same time & there are times when a male's authority is essential.

3. The men scrimp & save every penny (while themselves living in pitiable condition) to send money to their families back home who often demand more money . If they're unable to send the amount demanded, they get mocked for not being able to fulfill the very reason for which they're apart for. So, they remain under a lot of stress & pressure & they're sometimes forced to indulge in haraam activities just to keep their families happy.

A marriage may/may not work long-distance, but if you're selecting a partner , chose someone you can be with full-time right from the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• Abdal Hakim
    replied

Originally posted by Intuition View Post
    My sister and her husband were married for 5 years and lived apart due to immigration problems (they would visit each other but not long). They are now living together alhamdulillah so it can work.
    This works as a temporary stage, but not as a permanent state. In your sister's case, they almost had no choice. But if they're just living apart, just because one of them is afraid of losing a job (or something along those lines), I think it's best to make sacrifices if necessary; Allah will provide.

Leave a comment:

• muslima3
    replied

My sister and her husband were married for 5 years and lived apart due to immigration problems (they would visit each other but not long). They are now living together alhamdulillah so it can work.

Leave a comment:

• Abdal Hakim
    replied

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
    I totally agree.

Jazakallah khair for that.
    Barak Allahu fiki.

Leave a comment:

• The Poet
    replied

It depends...
    Last edited by The Poet; 26-01-16, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Lark
    replied

Originally posted by Abdal Hakim View Post
    Allah says that you should not leave a woman as if she were hanging in the air (4:129); so that she is neither single, so she can marry, nor married in the sense of enjoying her rights as a wife.

And He also says:
    فإمساك بمعروف أو تسريح بإحسان
    "Either keep her in an acceptable manner
    or release her with good treatment" (2:229)

And part of "keeping her in an acceptable manner" is that the wife should be able to see, touch and sleep with him more often. Otherwise, this is unjust to her.
    I totally agree.

Jazakallah khair for that.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Lark
    replied

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    lool
    :cower:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X