No announcement yet.

Question about ''Unreasonable'' Wali?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about ''Unreasonable'' Wali?

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
    I dont see what is hard to grasp? the ulema quotes are that if her wali, who is the father in all case, is being unreasonable then the first point of call for her is her Grandfather then brothers, paternal uncles, maternal uncles and finally a qaadi if there is an islamic authority (ot teh mosaue mullahs etc these days as per my points earlier)

You are suggesting if father says no its straight to qaadi, I am saying if father says no then qaadi is last resort as he has no guardianship in this case.
    I have backed this up with quotes from ulema

Now please if you disagree bring your daleel that its straight to qaadi
    Actually I didn't disagree with that point, I agree it's a process of father, grandfather, brothers, paternal uncles etc. The difference is over the process of how this change takes place.

Does it require someone in authority to change this role of guardianship in matters of marriage or does the sister just need herself to feel her father is being unreasonable?

This is our difference
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
      Actually I didn't disagree with that point, I agree it's a process of father, grandfather, brothers, paternal uncles etc. The difference is over the process of how this change takes place.

Does it require someone in authority to change this role of guardianship in matters of marriage or does the sister just need herself to feel her father is being unreasonable?

This is our difference
      Its always going to be the sisters view initially isnt it? whether she goes to qaadi or not is secondary in that aspect

so say a man has approached and is a good muslim etc an father says no and his reason is not islamic and he wont change hiis stance then that is suffcient

I will add hhere that a father who remains adamant and has been dropped from wali status (however that occurred qadi or grandfather/brother etc) should be told of when teh nikah is taking place and be invited whether he turns up or not. It cant be in secret from him generally

Comment

This is our difference
        Let me ask you a question if it was your family and a sister came to you and said I have received a proposal and its a good proposal but dad says no because of tribe or something, would yoy be happier her coming to you or going straight to an outsider even a qaadi?

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
          Let me ask you a question if it was your family and a sister came to you and said I have received a proposal and its a good proposal but dad says no because of tribe or something, would yoy be happier her coming to you or going straight to an outsider even a qaadi?
          it's not a matter of what I'm happier with, it's a matter of what is correct and more in keeping with the Quran and sunnah. Insha'Allaah I'll collect my evidences and you do likewise and we'll discuss this more at a later date.
          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

it's not a matter of what I'm happier with, it's a matter of what is correct and more in keeping with the Quran and sunnah. Insha'Allaah I'll collect my evidences and you do likewise and we'll discuss this more at a later date.
            no problem.

Comment

Working...
            X