• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Re: Obey your Husband - Part 4

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
    I dislike none of my brothers and sisters in Islam.
    I have no other interpretation that what the Quran:
    Men are the heads of the household because they go to work, pay the bills, etc. (Yes, a woman can do that as well, but it's not her responsibility. It's his). Because men are heads of house, it's the duty of a wife to obey anything her husband says as long as it isn't against Islam. Should you disobey him, he can advise you, sleep in another bed, and hit you (lightly, with a miswak. It doesn't hurt, actually. It basically just shows you the seriousness of the situation). If at any point you start obeying him once more, then he can't keep punishing you.
    I have no issue with your understanding on this. My comment was aimed at someone else. :up:

Leave a comment:

• SofiaG
    replied

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    You probably have a dislike of me also, however, I'd still love to see the interpretation you have...you know so I can increase my knowledge.
    I dislike none of my brothers and sisters in Islam.
    I have no other interpretation that what the Quran:
    Men are the heads of the household because they go to work, pay the bills, etc. (Yes, a woman can do that as well, but it's not her responsibility. It's his). Because men are heads of house, it's the duty of a wife to obey anything her husband says as long as it isn't against Islam. Should you disobey him, he can advise you, sleep in another bed, and hit you (lightly, with a miswak. It doesn't hurt, actually. It basically just shows you the seriousness of the situation). If at any point you start obeying him once more, then he can't keep punishing you.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Originally posted by In my Opinion View Post
    Can you show me a Quranic verse that says explicitly, without question that women must obey their husbands. There must be no room for any other interpretation.
    Originally posted by bhshawon View Post
    Qur'an 4:34
    I've seen this verse and it has several interpretations. Which one do you go with?
    Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
    http://quran.com/4/34

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.
    And, can I ask, do you feel proud that you have this position in the Quran as a female? That if you didn't make dinner for your husband, he may eventually strike you? And even divorce you by text if he wanted, for no good reason at all?
    Have you read the Quran and the different interpretations? Or do you get your information from books that quote the Quran? Have you studied the hadiths?
    Originally posted by noobz View Post
    what are u talking bout? .... the interpretations have only minute differences which are nowhere close to what ur claiming and trying to insinuate , ijtehad books have closed , unless ur a modernist , well then u can claim ur own ijtihad like how the likes of irshad manji does.
    You probably have a dislike of me also, however, I'd still love to see the interpretation you have...you know so I can increase my knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Listen idiot. Noobz, your little bestie was on my ignore list. Why don't you kiss him better?

And you are always finding ways to be more "manly". Unfortunately for you, even if you think the Quran gives you a semblence of hope to be the misguided form of wife beating Alpha male. You never will be, because you don't understand the true essence of being a real man.

You will always be the little Sophia who will scream "obey me, obey me, I'm your husband!" in your pretty pink frock whilst your wife looks down at you pathetically.
    ...and breath.

Shouldn't you be spending your lunch time having lunch?

Leave a comment:

• In my Opinion
    replied

Yes I answered your question before and I repeated the same here in this thread...

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post6847695

You don't have to have a sensible discussion with me you can answer [MENTION=56373]noobz[/MENTION] instead. He put a sensible question to you, why don't you have the decency to answer him? I said he will be waiting a long time and it looks like I was right. You don't have a leg to stand on.

You are always full of disappointment...
    Listen idiot. Noobz, your little bestie was on my ignore list. Why don't you kiss him better?

And you are always finding ways to be more "manly". Unfortunately for you, even if you think the Quran gives you a semblence of hope to be the misguided form of Alpha male, you aspire to be... You never will be.

You will always be the little Sophia who will scream "obey me, obey me, I'm your husband!" in your pretty pink frock whilst your wife looks down at you pathetically. Then you will resort to hitting her into submission of course. Then police, prison, the end.

You don't understand the true essence of being a real man.
    Last edited by In my Opinion; 25-01-16, 01:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• In my Opinion
    replied

Originally posted by noobz View Post
    could u elaborate where ur getting the word 'obedience' and using which translation and which scholars evidence?

don't uote irshad manji type people ....
    I really dislike you, nevertheless;

"The righteous women are devout (qanitat) and guard what Allah has willed to be guarded even though out of sight."

"Qanit means one who is devoted to someone and out of love and devotion obeys him or her. Outside of the present verse the word in its various forms, occurs seven times and is used of both men and women. In six out of these seven places, the object of devotion and obedience is understood to be God, in one place it is God and His Messenger. For this reason qanitat may simply mean "devoted to God". In view of the context, the idea of devotion and obedience to the husband may also be read into the word.

Since men are qawwamun over their wives, they must have some authority to make decisions, for a person cannot be an effective guardian or maintainer of someone without having some decision making authority. And whenever there is legitimate decision-making authority on one side, there is some necessity of obedience from the other. In Hadith there are many traditions which encourage women to be obedient to their husbands. Some of these traditions are no doubt forged, being attempts by later Muslims to subjugate their women (1), but others look authentic (2). Thus the Qur'an and Hadith do teach that women should obey their husbands. But this "should" is not a "should" of moral or religious obligation. The Qur'an and authentic ahadith do not command women to be obedient to their husbands, so that it is not a sin on their part if they sometime do not listen to their husbands. The Qur'an and Hadith consider obedience to the husband as simply a desirable quality of the wife."

By Dr. Ahmad Shafaat - maybe he is a kafir to you.

I accept, that when a husband treats his wife well, respects her and her thoughts and feelings, she desires to listen to him, please him and support him. Any human being is compelled to be kind to someone who is kind to them... more so if they provide for them well.

I do not, however, agree that a husband can simply boss his wife about matters of random silly things that make no sense without discussing it with her. I don't believe the husband can order his wife to stay in doors 24/7, for instance, as this is unhealthy for any human life and just a ridiculous request unless you live in some dangerous place on earth. Or as someone mentoned, order her to eat a tuna sandwich everyday. Because, lets face it, not all men are wise and kind and a lot are pretty insecure and stupid. And many don't even fully provide the way they should! Yet, expect to micromanage their wives as they would a child. She is an adult - well I would hope you all would marry an adult, rather than a child. And yes, I disagree with marriage to 9 year olds.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

You have answered my questions "before"? Oh by making references to me wanting to be a clubber, okay. Idiot.

"thus do We explain the Signs in detail for those who reflect." Verse 10:24

You think I'm going to have a sensible discussion with you? One who does not reflect but follows like a Sheep? One who calls me a kafir? Really, Sophia?

I'm already in discussion with other people in here. In private.

So, you can get on with slandering me. Enjoy.
    Yes I answered your question before and I repeated the same here in this thread...

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post6847695

You don't have to have a sensible discussion with me you can answer [MENTION=56373]noobz[/MENTION] instead. He put a sensible question to you, why don't you have the decency to answer him? I said he will be waiting a long time and it looks like I was right. You don't have a leg to stand on.

You are always full of disappointment...

Leave a comment:

• nousername
    replied

Leave her alone and stop with the disgusting insinuations and insults. Shame on you

Leave a comment:

• In my Opinion
    replied

For someone who claims I'm stalking them you do have a habit of contradicting yourself.

I've already answered the righteous question. Like I said before I don't think it's right for me to answer that question.

Which translations are you referring too? There are several. I'm not sure what that will give you though. You are the one that has put forward the question of different translations so it's for you to say which you follow and how it differs from what is mentioned in the OP. With the question of 4:34 I've read several interpretations and they all mention obedience. So I like Noobz want to know what you understand by obedience?

You're not calling me a hypocrite are you?
    You have answered my questions "before"? Oh by making references to me wanting to be a clubber, okay. Idiot.

"thus do We explain the Signs in detail for those who reflect." Verse 10:24

You think I'm going to have a sensible discussion with you? One who does not reflect but follows like a Sheep? One who calls me a kafir? Really, Sophia?

I'm already in discussion with other people in here. In private.

So, you can get on with slandering me. Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

First you tell me, are you righteous? Have your read the Quran's translations/interpretations in its entirety?

Now don't lie. Allah hates hypocrites.
    For someone who claims I'm stalking them you do have a habit of contradicting yourself.

I've already answered the righteous question. Like I said before I don't think it's right for me to answer that question.

Which translations are you referring too? There are several. I'm not sure what that will give you though. You are the one that has put forward the question of different translations so it's for you to say which you follow and how it differs from what is mentioned in the OP. With the question of 4:34 I've read several interpretations and they all mention obedience. So I like Noobz want to know what you understand by obedience?

You're not calling me a hypocrite are you?

Leave a comment:

• In my Opinion
    replied

If you want the attention of the mods why don't you just mention them...

You can answer the questions any time you like...:up:
    First you tell me, are you righteous? Have your read the Quran's translations/interpretations in its entirety?

Now don't lie. Allah hates hypocrites.
    Last edited by In my Opinion; 24-01-16, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• noobz
    replied

This is what your types do to silence women when they ask questions. Turn them into a whore or a kafir. Only whores and kafirs ask questions, clearly.
    why won't u just answer the uestion that i'm asking then?

seems ur just diverting now ..

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

This is what your types do to silence women when they ask questions. Turn them into a whore or a kafir. Only whores and kafirs ask questions, clearly.
    If you want the attention of the mods why don't you just mention them...

You can answer the questions any time you like...:up:

Leave a comment:

• In my Opinion
    replied

She's out for an interpretation which allows her to have a boyfriend like her school chums Sharon & Co so she too can go out clubbing.

Just like her sisters AnonAs and Malone she wants to do exactly as she pleases...that's the sort of shenanigans she's after. Hence her stating Islam: N/A...it's all coming together nicely.

Leave a comment:

• noobz
    replied

You can continue with the whoring theme.
    or u could answer what i asked ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X