Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obey your Husband - Part 4

Originally posted by In my Opinion View Post
    And, can I ask, do you feel proud that you have this position in the Quran as a female? That if you didn't make dinner for your husband, he may eventually strike you? And even divorce you by text if he wanted, for no good reason at all?
    "Pride" isn't the right word because the person with a mustard seed's worth of pride in their heart will not enter Paradise so I try to avoid pride.
    I do accept it, though. It doesn't bother me and I am happy with the way things are. I believe that what the Qu'ran says in the right way and the only way.
    “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

And, can I ask, do you feel proud that you have this position in the Quran as a female? That if you didn't make dinner for your husband, he may eventually strike you? And even divorce you by text if he wanted, for no good reason at all?
      Do you not follow the Quran? Do you not want to be a righteous woman?

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
        It is a kafir..
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Well, if things were that crystal clear then there wouldn't have been so many different schools of thought and the devide between Shia and Sunni Muslims - would there?
          Hey, the Quran is crystal clear and the problem is with the people not the quran. Anyways, being an obedient wife is a good trait in a woman even if its not mentioned in the Quran, im not sure if it is or not. However, why would you be against that? Before you start attacking me, dont think of me when you answer. I just want to know your opinion?

Comment

Marriage revision time :1popcorn:

BUT I will keep the best for last :up: or maybe when I get married :/

see ya

:jkk:
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

:jkk: that was a good read.
              ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Can you show me a Quranic verse that says explicitly, without question that women must obey their husbands. There must be no room for any other interpretation.
                The Quran is not the only source for Islamic teachings and rules. For example, the Qur'an only says "Pray" but it doesn't tell you how you should pray. It doesn't say that you should pray 2 rak'ahs for Fajr, 4 rak'ahs for Zuhur, and so on. Many of the rulings of Islam come from the hadith and the sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by bhshawon View Post
                  I don't know much about different interpretations.

Islam has guidelines for husband and guidelines for wife. A good Muslim should focus on fulfilling the spouse's right rather than focusing on what right he/she has.
                  Have you read the Quran and the different interpretations? Or do you get your information from books that quote the Quran? Have you studied the hadiths?

Comment

Originally posted by Winter View Post
                    :salams

We're also told through the Qu'ran and hadith to not apporach the women like animals, live with them honorably and Prophet has said the best of men are those that are the best to their wives. When were told by the Prophet despite someone praying, fasting, etc but treats their neighbor badly will be a person of the hell. I highly doubt beating a women who completes half your deen is going to get you to jannah.
                    The Quran also says not to add any hadiths alongside it. That's it's perfect. In fact, the Quran warns us of using hadiths alongside it and it warns us of misinterpreting it. And there are various interpretations of the Quran... There's the wahabi versions that UK mosques as well as world wide Muslims prefer. Which versions have you read and which do you prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by maryam.huda View Post
                      The Quran is not the only source for Islamic teachings and rules. For example, the Qur'an only says "Pray" but it doesn't tell you how you should pray. It doesn't say that you should pray 2 rak'ahs for Fajr, 4 rak'ahs for Zuhur, and so on. Many of the rulings of Islam come from the hadith and the sunnah.
                      Well, before the Prophet received the revelations, people followed abrahamic traditions and still prayed! So Salah was not a new invention after the Quran.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                        Have you ever read the meaning of the Quran in its entirety? Have you read the different versions of the Quran? Have you done a little bit of reading of Islamic history (a non biased one of course).

You want to talk about being righteous. Start with yourself.

Comment

Have you read the Quran and the different interpretations? Or do you get your information from books that quote the Quran? Have you studied the hadiths?
                          what are u talking bout? .... the interpretations have only minute differences which are nowhere close to what ur claiming and trying to insinuate , ijtehad books have closed , unless ur a modernist , well then u can claim ur own ijtihad like how the likes of irshad manji does.

Comment

No, I have not. But I have the intention to do so. My knowledge is pretty limited.
                            Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Obeying the husband is how a woman achieves Jannah.

Comment

Have you ever read the meaning of the Quran in its entirety? Have you read the different versions of the Quran? Have you done a little bit of reading of Islamic history (a non biased one of course).

You want to talk about being righteous. Start with yourself.
                                Originally posted by noobz View Post
                                what are u talking bout? .... the interpretations have only minute differences which are nowhere close to what ur claiming and trying to insinuate , ijtehad books have closed , unless ur a modernist , well then u can claim ur own ijtihad like how the likes of irshad manji does.
                                She's out for an interpretation which allows her to have a boyfriend like her school chums Sharon & Co so she too can go out clubbing.

Just like her sisters AnonAs and Malone she wants to do exactly as she pleases...that's the sort of shenanigans she's after. Hence her stating Islam: N/A...it's all coming together nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X