Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters I need your views on this

Asalam 'aleykum

Sisters would you ever consider marrying a paraplegic man???

Anyone married to a paraplegic?
    '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Re: Sisters I need your views on this

W'salaam

Very random question. Why would you need our opinions on this?

Comment

Walaykum salam,

I don't know. There was a viral vid on fb of a paralysed man who talked about the deen and how grateful he was to Allah (Swt) for what he had to the point that the man interviewing him was moved to tears. Anyway, a photo went round a couple of years later announcing that the paralysed brother got married and the pics indicate that he married an able bodied sister, so it can happen though I assume it's rare. Also that Aussie guy Nick behind the vid "no arms, no legs, no worries" got married to an able bodied woman and they have a child together as well.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
        Asalam 'aleykum

Sisters would you ever consider marrying a paraplegic man???

Anyone married to a paraplegic?
        Walikumus Assalaam

I'm already married and my husband has a physical disability - doesn't affect us in any way. For me I saw the person behind the disability that's all that matters.
        And He found you lost and guided you,
        ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
        " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
        ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
          Walaykum salam,

I don't know. There was a viral vid on fb of a paralysed man who talked about the deen and how grateful he was to Allah (Swt) for what he had to the point that the man interviewing him was moved to tears. Anyway, a photo went round a couple of years later announcing that the paralysed brother got married and the pics indicate that he married an able bodied sister, so it can happen though I assume it's rare. Also that Aussie guy Nick behind the vid "no arms, no legs, no worries" got married to an able bodied woman and they have a child together as well.
          JazakAllah khayr beautiful stories
          '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
            Walikumus Assalaam

I'm already married and my husband has a physical disability - doesn't affect us in any way. For me I saw the person behind the disability that's all that matters.
            SubhanAllah sis what a beautiful thing and definitely rewarding. If I may ask what kind of disability ?(don't answer If its personal)

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

SubhanAllah sis what a beautiful thing and definitely rewarding. If I may ask what kind of disability ?(don't answer If its personal)
              I don't see it as a reward or like I'm doing anything good just he is my husband and I love him, the physical disability doesn't even enter my mind. He has had a limb amputated, but in my mind he is just like anyone else. Maybe that's a good thing or bad thing I'm
              Not sure really. Many people asks how it impacts on the marriage and it doesn't really at all. Maybe it means me being a little bit more patient and make sure things are set in a certain way but hey who doesn't love routine :hidban:

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

I don't see it as a reward or like I'm doing anything good just he is my husband and I love him, the physical disability doesn't even enter my mind. He has had a limb amputated, but in my mind he is just like anyone else. Maybe that's a good thing or bad thing I'm
                Not sure really. Many people asks how it impacts on the marriage and it doesn't really at all. Maybe it means me being a little bit more patient and make sure things are set in a certain way but hey who doesn't love routine :hidban:

May Allah bless your marriage. Allahuma ameen. BarakAllahu feeki

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

May Allah swt reward all those who do.. It's a lovely heart to have and her reward in the hereafter will be amongst the greatest. A very good deed..
                  I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                  Guide me on your path to your janna,
                  Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam

Yeah I would.

Are you just generally asking, or something that you're considering yourself atm?
                    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

May Allah bless your marriage. Allahuma ameen. BarakAllahu feeki
                      Ameen :jkk:

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

If he had the right deen and character then why not? I would never (with the permission of Allah swt) decline a proposal based on his disabilty. In the end, this world is temporary. It is Jannah we should both strive for.

However that being said, you will have a lot of responsibility and will need twice as much patience. If you believe you have it then go for it. May Allah swt reward you emmensely, Ameen.
                        Last edited by Peony.; 08-01-16, 08:25 AM.
                        All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
                        And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
                        And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
                        And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

Comment

So amazing to read this ukhti.

May Allah swt reward you and your husband and reunite both of you two in Jannatul Firdous, Ameen.
                          All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
                          And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
                          And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
                          And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

Comment

Masha Allah some of ur responses tell me there is hope for humanity and the Muslims will lead the way!
                            The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
                              So amazing to read this ukhti.

May Allah swt reward you and your husband and reunite both of you two in Jannatul Firdous, Ameen.
                              I do genuinely mean this but when I married my husband I just saw him as a brother in Islam who wanted to get married, I didn't think about how it would impact on our lives or even the reward. Maybe it's the way I look at the world but I just thought he was the right person for me and we both deserved to be happy! :up:

Ameen sis, I guess I'm just surprised that people think it's rewarding and amazing when I see it as a natural right. I can't explain this properly without sounding either stupid or rude but I basically see him as my husband and not disabled husband? I hope that makes more sense :scratch:

If you respect someone you see past all of it and you see the person inside. ( I'm getting all mushy now so I'll shut up )

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

Working...
                              X