X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The myth of the hymen

:salams

Contrary to popular belief, the hymen doesn't 'break' when a female partakes in intimacy for the first time. It can get injured, but that's only if both parties rush into things, they don't allow the woman to relax enough and do things....that I can't mention since there are kids here.

The hymen isn't a wall, because if it was how it's typically described, then women wouldn't be able to menstrate. It does come in different shapes and sizes, but definitely not the way it keeps being mentioned here.

Also, hymen doesn't determine virginity. Having consensual sex determines that and that's it.
    Last edited by Pippin1376; 06-01-16, 12:39 AM.
    ูˆูŽุฅูุฐูŽุง ุณูŽุฃูŽู„ูŽูƒูŽ ุนูุจูŽุงุฏููŠ ุนูŽู†ูู‘ูŠ ููŽุฅูู†ูู‘ูŠ ู‚ูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ ุฃูุฌููŠุจู ุฏูŽุนู’ูˆูŽุฉูŽ ุงู„ุฏู‘ูŽุงุนู ุฅูุฐูŽุง ุฏูŽุนูŽุงู†ู ููŽู„ู’ูŠูŽุณู’ุชูŽุฌููŠุจููˆุงู’ ู„ููŠ ูˆูŽู„ู’ูŠูุคู’ู…ูู†ููˆุงู’ ุจููŠ ู„ูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ูŠูŽุฑู’ุดูุฏููˆู†ูŽ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Re: The myth of the hymen

Why does it exist?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      Why does it exist?
      Because Allah said so.
      ูˆูŽุฅูุฐูŽุง ุณูŽุฃูŽู„ูŽูƒูŽ ุนูุจูŽุงุฏููŠ ุนูŽู†ูู‘ูŠ ููŽุฅูู†ูู‘ูŠ ู‚ูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ ุฃูุฌููŠุจู ุฏูŽุนู’ูˆูŽุฉูŽ ุงู„ุฏู‘ูŽุงุนู ุฅูุฐูŽุง ุฏูŽุนูŽุงู†ู ููŽู„ู’ูŠูŽุณู’ุชูŽุฌููŠุจููˆุงู’ ู„ููŠ ูˆูŽู„ู’ูŠูุคู’ู…ูู†ููˆุงู’ ุจููŠ ู„ูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ูŠูŽุฑู’ุดูุฏููˆู†ูŽ
      "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

This is very important knowledge :jkk: for sharing I know a lot of cultures rely on the hymen determining votginity!
        And He found you lost and guided you,
        ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
        " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
        ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Why does it exist?
          To be awkward why does the appendix exist? It has no function at all? what causes yawning? No one knows

Just Allah created it
          And He found you lost and guided you,
          ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
          " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
          ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

I think the sooner us brothers accept that we'll never truly know if she's a virgin, the better.

Comment

Why does it exist?
              Like many things in biology no one is hundred percent sure, but they theorise that it's a vestigial tissue possibly left over from embryological development, where it protected the female foetus' reproductive organs from infection.

Comment

isn't this thread getting a little too personal?
                Indeed we belong to Allah,
                and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                  I think the sooner us brothers accept that we'll never truly know if she's a virgin, the better.
                  True.

Now I don't want to scare anyone, but when I did a placement with an Arab gynaecologist, he claimed that hymen reconstructions were common (plus other methods) from where he was from; ensured the whole bleeding on wedding night occurred as that is what the culture there demanded.
                  Mothers and aunties often organised it for the girls as there was no other real option.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                    To be awkward why does the appendix exist? It has no function at all? what causes yawning? No one knows

Just Allah created it
                    The appendix is actually important. :)

Comment

If I find that my wife's hymen isn't intact, an immediate 'triple talaq' will ensue

I'm kidding. I'd rather be 100% sure she hasn't previously done any immoral actions (although it is within her rights to conceal such information). Taking her word for it isn't a good enough option imo. I'm too picky.
                      :ahb:

Comment

Originally posted by Sabros View Post
                        True.

Now I don't want to scare anyone, but when I did a placement with an Arab gynaecologist, he claimed that hymen reconstructions were common (plus other methods) from where he was from; ensured the whole bleeding on wedding night occurred as that is what the culture there demanded.
                        Mothers and aunties often organised it for the girls as there was no other real option.
                        I've heard of it in my own town, and I live in the US.

Originally posted by Eid View Post

I'm kidding. I'd rather be 100% sure she hasn't previously done any immoral actions (although it is within her rights to conceal such information). Taking her word for it isn't a good enough option imo. I'm too picky.
                        Like I said, we'll just never know.

I would feel really cheated if I ever found out though.

Comment

To the OP: thanks for debunking a widespread myth.

Comment

But bigfoot is real though? Right....?
                            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

:start:

:salams

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                              ^^^
                              This is good advice for the brothers.

That said, brothers should do things as imperative in the matter of considering marriage, 1) to try to gain knowledge about the character of the woman in question (which may include discreet investigation of the woman's family background and friends and social media), 2) consultation and 3) istikhaara, which are two recommended Sunnah. These three aspects all go back to the concept of "tying the camel" and putting trust in Allah SWT.

:jkk:

:wswrwb:
                              The Prophet :saw:: “I have been sent to perfect noble character.” (Sunan Al-Bayhaqee: 21301)
                              The Prophet :saw:: “Whoever gives fatwa without knowledge, the angels of the heaven and the earth curse him” (Asakir al-Suyuti, Habaik p. 187 #694).
                              Against Evil: ISIS/ISIL/Daesh/Al-Dawla/Islamic State (Various Sources)

Comment

Working...
                              X