Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideal age for marriage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    aelmo I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. It's unreasonable to expect someone to be single through all their twenties. Unless they're asexual or something.

    Samsandman probably because the average 14 year old nowadays lacks the mental maturity to keep a marriage afloat.
    I can't speak for men but it is not unreasonable for female to stay single all thruout 20's. Most women I know did not think about opposite sex or intimacy until mid 20's. I know few women in their early 30's who are single not because they are asexual but because they are afraid of the change/challenge marriage will bring. Most women from my knowledge are not hyper sexual or care about relationship until late 20;s and that's mainly because all her friends have gotten married. Yes there are exception, teenage girls going crazy about bf but the community I grow up in, those were few and far between. Most young girls are scared of relationship and would happily stay single for as long as she can. The hormone logic doesn't apply to most girls I know, definitely not at teenage years or early 20's

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kya
      Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
      aelmo I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. It's unreasonable to expect someone to be single through all their twenties. Unless they're asexual or something.

      Samsandman probably because the average 14 year old nowadays lacks the mental maturity to keep a marriage afloat.
      I can't speak for men but it is not unreasonable for female to stay single all thruout 20's. Most women I know did not think about opposite sex or intimacy until mid 20's. I know few women in their early 30's who are single not because they are asexual but because they are afraid of the change/challenge marriage will bring. Most women from my knowledge are not hyper sexual or care about relationship until late 20;s and that's mainly because all her friends have gotten married. Yes there are exception, teenage girls going crazy about bf but the community I grow up in, those were few and far between. Most young girls are scared of relationship and would happily stay single for as long as she can. The hormone logic doesn't apply to most girls I know, definitely not at teenage years or early 20's
      I can almost guarantee they were thinking about it way earlier.

      Women are not that different from men.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

        I can almost guarantee they were thinking about it way earlier.

        Women are not that different from men.
        Perhaps the pull of <insert expensive shoe brand> or <insert expensive handbag brand> is far greater.

        If they are not keen when they are young, what's going to happen when they are married and old (i.e 30+). Poor husband will only going to get a couple of years of entertainment before he has no choice but to move on to someone else.

        Mind you that bit about girls wanting to stay single for as long as they can is something I've said a number of times but very few bother to agree with it...it's nice to get a sister admit it. It should be made into a sticky!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

          Perhaps the pull of <insert expensive shoe brand> or <insert expensive handbag brand> is far greater.

          If they are not keen when they are young, what's going to happen when they are married and old (i.e 30+). Poor husband will only going to get a couple of years of entertainment before he has no choice but to move on to someone else.

          Mind you that bit about girls wanting to stay single for as long as they can is something I've said a number of times but very few bother to agree with it...it's nice to get a sister admit it. It should be made into a sticky!
          Zi-zizou, check out this article by TIME http://content.time.com/time/magazin...007422,00.html
          Women interest in intimacy increase as they age. As women get more comfortable with their body and who they are & become slightly more "haya"less around husband, things get better. The article says 27+ is when women become most interested in intimacy. It is the opposite of men who are most interested in intimacy as teenager. So things get better at 30+.

          When men thinks about marriage, he is thinking about all the good times/fun he will have. Women on the other hand are thinking about all the responsibilities that comes with marriage: cooking/cleaning/being responsible adults/children/inlaw war/demanding husband. It is not fun, that is not what a girl is thinking about. Even haram relationships are too much work for women, keep it secret/ don't get caught/keep him happy. Definitely more work then being daddies little princess and sleeping in all day with no care in the world. Just like men don't get excited about having to pay bills and long commute to work and mean boss. It is part of growing up that we have to do but we rather push it back as much as possible




          Comment


          • Marry young. It's good for both men and women.

            Young = 18, 19, 20 etc.

            This is how it was done in my culture, it keeps the young away from haraam, and gives the responsibility of marriage so they mature quickly.

            Comment




            • I don't know about that article - I didn't read it, but I would say both men and women have desire for companionship from a young age. 27 is far too 'late' and unrealistic.

              Are you sure it's not the opposite? Women get their very own ATM machine (ie, husband) and men find marriage exhausting (meeting demands of wife)?



              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kya View Post

                Zi-zizou, check out this article by TIME http://content.time.com/time/magazin...007422,00.html
                Women interest in intimacy increase as they age. As women get more comfortable with their body and who they are & become slightly more "haya"less around husband, things get better. The article says 27+ is when women become most interested in intimacy. It is the opposite of men who are most interested in intimacy as teenager. So things get better at 30+.

                When men thinks about marriage, he is thinking about all the good times/fun he will have. Women on the other hand are thinking about all the responsibilities that comes with marriage: cooking/cleaning/being responsible adults/children/inlaw war/demanding husband. It is not fun, that is not what a girl is thinking about. Even haram relationships are too much work for women, keep it secret/ don't get caught/keep him happy. Definitely more work then being daddies little princess and sleeping in all day with no care in the world. Just like men don't get excited about having to pay bills and long commute to work and mean boss. It is part of growing up that we have to do but we rather push it back as much as possible



                Not read the article...if it's not about desi's I ain't interested. Women as they get older get insecure about their bodies and I think generally it goes downhill. Perhaps the reason why they are interested is because they can only dream about it given no one is really interested in them.

                I agree with the second paragraph.

                Comment


                • 65
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                  [al-An’aam 6:59]

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X