This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: don't go to the toilet in front of your husband

The how many does it take to change a lightbulb joke comes to mind, but I'd rather not post it.

Comment

• don't go to the toilet in front of your husband

In pregnancy women in general pee and pass wind a lot. Also during labour the other business sometimes takes place when baby is delivered.

Sad times that a woman has to spend 9 months a year in isolation and reappear when her bodily functions are back under control. I'm sure dear husband can survive those months and appreciate his wife for taking her out of control body out of his presence.
      ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allah wa ma sha a fa’ala (Allah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytan.” (Narrated by Muslim).

Comment

I really dislike these kinds of oppressive cultural practices.
        Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by bintmydad View Post
          From what the sister explained she doesn't mean necessarily whilst he's not in the house, just not in any place where he can see her going into the toilet or coming out of it. So if he's standing in the corridor or something you should wait until he is out of sight because you don't want the fact that you're using the toilet to enter his mind.

In that case what Link said makes sense in relation to the hadith you posted, because people may be aware if you're going to relieve yourself during the time of our prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam, which is what the sister is suggesting to avoid.

I think although necessary, there's nothing wrong with that as the sister has the best intention at heart not to put her husband off as she believes it would do. Likewise, those who don't consider it a big deal aren't necessarily lacking hayaa for not secretly using the toilet. [MENTION=74921]Hannahk92[/MENTION] [MENTION=113309]Linkdeutscher[/MENTION]
          :jkk: for the explanation
          ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
            I took 'not around' to mean, not in your proximity to see where you are going and not mentioning it if you have to leave him. A lot of people do that, 'I'm just going to the toilet'.
            It's always been habit for me really even if we are in a hotel or outside I will say I need to freshen up, wash my hands, something like this instead.

Honestly, I think I am done with toilet talk for one day!
            Lol 4 pages of toilet talk
            ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

From what the sister explained she doesn't mean necessarily whilst he's not in the house, just not in any place where he can see her going into the toilet or coming out of it. So if he's standing in the corridor or something you should wait until he is out of sight because you don't want the fact that you're using the toilet to enter his mind.

In that case what Link said makes sense in relation to the hadith you posted, because people may be aware if you're going to relieve yourself during the time of our prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam, which is what the sister is suggesting to avoid.

I think although necessary, there's nothing wrong with that as the sister has the best intention at heart not to put her husband off as she believes it would do. Likewise, those who don't consider it a big deal aren't necessarily lacking hayaa for not secretly using the toilet. [MENTION=74921]Hannahk92[/MENTION] [MENTION=113309]Linkdeutscher[/MENTION]
              I meant to say 'unneccessary'.

Comment

I meant to say 'unneccessary'.
                Don't worry that's what I read.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

haha...soon enough husbands will be canonized around here :D

(JK) :P

Comment

I think everyone has their own level of haya.
                    Id go as far to say doing business in front of your space in same bathroom is immodest. Farting and burping in front of one another is also unacceptable because it's rude.

Wow. This thread made me realize how all these years our culture tend to reshape nature's calling to be more "modest" and "dignified". Idk whether its a good thing or no, especially for women who are pressured to look like barbie doll all the time. This is what you call cultural ignorance at its finest. But to some extent, such oractices kinda teach you to be considerate to others and make yourself appear more dignified.

Comment

That's some weird talk over
                      “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

No Zantz!!! She means letting him see you ENTER the toilet because it implies you will be doing something that would put one off. This isn't about going literally in front of him whilst he watches that's disgusting! [MENTION=122588]Fragile[/MENTION]
                        Ohh lol well then make sure you open the windows after you go toilet and flush properly coz no one wants to see yor poop sistaz:onthego:
                        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                          Ohh lol well then make sure you open the windows after you go toilet and flush properly coz no one wants to see yor poop sistaz:onthego:
                          What has this thread turned into
                          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1 View Post
                            There were no doors/toilets then though so how does that relate to today. I mean the hadith says he would go far away so no one could *see* him. Youre not seen at home
                            You say that but I once was upgraded to a penthouse as no other rooms were available at the hotel. The bathroom was in the same room as the bedroom. The only thing dividing the area was glass. Even though I was by myself I still had issues using the room. Whoever thought that was a good idea needed beats.

But yes most houses won't have this particular issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                              What has this thread turned into
                              Nasty.

Comment

Perhaps what the sister meant was not going to toilet in his physical presence.

Have some haya.....is there really a need have this discussion on a public forum which the whole world can read.....if you want then it makes more sense to discuss it with your husband

btw....toilets have lock...if it doubt use it
                                وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Working...
                                X