X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't go to the toilet in front of your husband

:salams

My friends and I were discussing a halaqah one of us attended on being a good wife to your husband. The sister who was leading it was giving general advice on manners etc but also on our general appearance in front of our husbands e.g. always looking tidy, have your hair brushed etc.

What baffled me was when the sister said that you should not go to the toilet when your husband is around and you shouldn't allow him to see you when you do. She said that she had been married for over 10 years and she has never gone to the toilet when he's around.

Lol... I am finding it hard to take this seriously, do sisters actually do this/would you do this and do brothers expect this?

Re: don't go to the toilet in front of your husband

Originally posted by bintmydad View Post

My friends and I were discussing a halaqah one of us attended on being a good wife to your husband. The sister who was leading it was giving general advice on manners etc but also on our general appearance in front of our husbands e.g. always looking tidy, have your hair brushed etc.

What baffled me was when the sister said that you should not go to the toilet when your husband is around and you shouldn't allow him to see you when you do. She said that she had been married for over 10 years and she has never gone to the toilet when he's around.

Lol... I am finding it hard to take this seriously, do sisters actually do this/would you do this and do brothers expect this?
    At first I thought you meant using the toilet/shower when he's in the bathroom as well. Because many couples do this as well which I find just crazy... But I think you're just talking about not entering the bathroom while he's in the house. That's a little too much I think.
    Indeed we belong to Allah,
    and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

:wswrwb:

I think I misunderstood the title :rotfl:

I remember once a potential told my brother she has to go to the toilet and he was like :/

Practically I don't see how this would work. For example, you wake up for fajr and you're getting late but your husband is around so you can't go to the toilet

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Comment

I do not have anything to contribute to the topic of this thread but... is that grammatically correct? :sorrow::disturbed: You were discussing a circle? You mean in a circle.
        Last edited by Kiro; 03-01-16, 06:03 PM.
        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

I misunderstood the title... Poor me. Just don't be in the bathroom with your husband.. that is creepy... Just lock the door when you are in the bathroom.
          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
          Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Before I even entered this thread, when i read the title I was like wait whaat??

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
              I do not have anything to contribute to the topic of this thread but... is that grammatically correct? :sorrow::disturbed: You were discussing a circle? You mean in a circle.
              we were discussing a circle one of us attended, by that I mean the topic at the circle not the circle itself.

Comment

we were discussing a circle one of us attended, by that I mean the topic at the circle not the circle itself.
                Hmmm. I still think 'in' a circle makes sense as opposed discussing a circle because that could mean you were discussing a 'circle' meaning a group of people.
                Last edited by Kiro; 03-01-16, 06:28 PM.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

[MENTION=127675]bintmydad[/MENTION] I must win the grammar wars.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                    At first I thought you meant using the toilet/shower when he's in the bathroom as well. Because many couples do this as well which I find just crazy... But I think you're just talking about not entering the bathroom while he's in the house. That's a little too much I think.
                    Originally posted by Muslimah~S View Post
                    :wswrwb:

I think I misunderstood the title :rotfl:

I remember once a potential told my brother she has to go to the toilet and he was like :/

Practically I don't see how this would work. For example, you wake up for fajr and you're getting late but your husband is around so you can't go to the toilet

Ain't nobody got time for that.
                    Originally posted by Serinity View Post

I misunderstood the title... Poor me. Just don't be in the bathroom with your husband.. that is creepy... Just lock the door when you are in the bathroom.
                    Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
                    Before I even entered this thread, when i read the title I was like wait whaat??
                    Sorry bad wording lol.

I mean specifically avoiding letting your husband see you enter/come out of the toilet itself. My friend agreed and we had a bit of a discussion about it, I think it's totally unnecessary to hide the fact your use the toilet. You don't need to broadcast it but at the same time if you're seen coming out of the toilet, how is that a big deal?

Comment

Sorry bad wording lol.

I mean specifically avoiding letting your husband see you enter/come out of the toilet itself. My friend agreed and we had a bit of a discussion about it, I think it's totally unnecessary to hide the fact your use the toilet. You don't need to broadcast it but at the same time if you're seen coming out of the toilet, how is that a big deal?
                      I agree with you sis, I really don't understand why people would do this, I mean everyone goes to the toilet its just normal and natural, so if ones spouse sees one entering/exiting, isn't that just normal... lol.
                      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
                        Hmmm. I still think 'in' a circle makes sense as opposed discussing a circle because that could mean you were discussing a 'circle' meaning a group of people.
                        It is directly translated from the arabic word 'halaqah' which literally means 'circle' referring to gatherings that are somewhat informal.

It's like saying 'we were discussing a lecture we attended' you don't need to say 'in a lecture'. Anyways Kiro, I will let you believe you're right if that makes you happy!

Comment

It's fine were all humans at the end of the day. If you want to go toilet then go lol.

Comment

Sorry bad wording lol.

it shouldn't be a big deal, we're human after all. but I wonder where they got this information from, Islamic texts or they just came up with it themselves?
                            Indeed we belong to Allah,
                            and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

I still believe that women don't need to go to the toilet.
                              Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Working...
                              X