Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for UK singles

Asalamu alaikum,

I was wondering what avenues the UK muslims are using to search for a spouse.

Other than networking and asking friends and family has anyone used any marriage bureaus or matrimonial sites that they could recommend?

Anyone tried Pure Match that Green Lane Masjid run?

Question for UK singles

I think the question should be more addressed to married peeps, not singles lol.

lower your standards, except deen and just ask mosque, make new friends to enquire, ask family.

Comment

Re: Question for UK singles

I wanted specific advice from people that are searching now to see where they're coming across the most 'normal' people.

People that are already married on the forum have mostly met through family but I don't really have any.

Comment

There are countless of threads on this topic. And a lot of matrimonial sites have been mentioned

Comment

the thought of bureas and matrimonial sites worry me, i guess no one would optionally choose to search via these methods, as a lots not conducted islamically, plus the thought it can be anyone on the other end....
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
            There are countless of threads on this topic. And a lot of matrimonial sites have been mentioned
            I asked about green lane masjid specifically, there aren't countless threads regarding their bureau.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
              the thought of bureas and matrimonial sites worry me, i guess no one would optionally choose to search via these methods, as a lots not conducted islamically, plus the thought it can be anyone on the other end....
              Green lane masjids bureau is run directly through them so you can meet up at the masjid and its safe. Same with Birmingham central mosque bureau.

Comment

Originally posted by Venus15 View Post
                Green lane masjids bureau is run directly through them so you can meet up at the masjid and its safe. Same with Birmingham central mosque bureau.
                okay, well if its meeting one person at a time and with a wali, that's fine, i got confused and thought you meant one of those marriage events where lots of ppl turn up.
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

:wswrwb:

I watched a lecture by Br Muhammad TIm Humble once and I remember that he spoke quite highly of this website & I think it was purematrimony. As long as you are just looking at profiles and then directing them straight to your wali if you feel there is compatibility then I think they could be useful & this is what the brother said in the lecture.

There is no harm in trying if you have exhausted all other options.

Comment

Working...
                  X