Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abusive dad:(

Salam, I'm new here and I just wanted some advice

So I have been living with my parents for awhile now but I have had enough this year!!!
    So you see my dad has anger issues and he is constantly fighting and arguing with my mom. He would beat her with wires and whenever I got involved he would throw whatever was closest to him. He once through a knife at me all because I told him he needs help, but alhamdulialh he missed and the knife didn't hit me. I was scared for my life so I just got out of their business. I think he threats my mom that's why she's probably not letting me call the cops on him. What annoys me most about my dad is, he constantly starts rumours about my mom and word spread fast around here. My mom doesn't have any family around but when whenever she wants the situation to be resolved she just calls up his family and he just feeds them lies. My dad would literally swear on his life so everyone would believe in his lies. Everyone thinks my mom is the bad guySubhanallah sometimes I just feel like ripping his head off but I won't because he's my father.
    My question is: should I just go behind my mothers back and report him to the cops??

Re: abusive dad:(

Originally posted by Rosine911 View Post
    Salam, I'm new here and I just wanted some advice

So I have been living with my parents for awhile now but I have had enough this year!!!
    So you see my dad has anger issues and he is constantly fighting and arguing with my mom. He would beat her with wires and whenever I got involved he would throw whatever was closest to him. He once through a knife at me all because I told him he needs help, but alhamdulialh he missed and the knife didn't hit me. I was scared for my life so I just got out of their business. I think he threats my mom that's why she's probably not letting me call the cops on him. What annoys me most about my dad is, he constantly starts rumours about my mom and word spread fast around here. My mom doesn't have any family around but when whenever she wants the situation to be resolved she just calls up his family and he just feeds them lies. My dad would literally swear on his life so everyone would believe in his lies. Everyone thinks my mom is the bad guySubhanallah sometimes I just feel like ripping his head off but I won't because he's my father.
    My question is: should I just go behind my mothers back and report him to the cops??
    Either your dad has the typical dictatorship issues or he has serious mental issues.

If I were you, next time he looks like he's going to be violent, call the police, let him stay in the cell for a few nights. It might help him come back down to earth. I've seen a few middle aged men calm down after they realise the kids will take charge and call the police.

If he has psychological issues, perhaps give him an ultimatum to get tests. If not, you will have to ask doctors to intervene by saying you fear for your lives. That way he may be taken in forcefully.

Comment

Wsalaam sis.

You and your mother need to get away from him before he hurts you any more. Do you have any relatives you both can stay with? Can you and your mother support yourself and get your own place?
      Indeed we belong to Allah,
      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

In telling you guys my dad is not ok in the head!! The thing is I cant report him because my mom told me if I did she wouldn't talk to me. I was so close to poisoning him once but I didn't because he's my father. I feel like he's a burden to our souls and he just needs to go. My mom won't divorce him no matter how many times I ask her. My moms family are back home and my dads family, let's just say they're no better. I told my mom either I leave or he leaves but she still hasn't given me an answer:/

Comment

Before getting cops involved, is there anyone who could speak to them like a mediator? Is there any local imam/scholar you can speak too?

I'd speak to scholar and ask them for their advice.

Comment

abusive dad:(

[MENTION=112911]Winter[/MENTION] get the imam involved? I might as well dig my own grave! If my dad finds out I got the imam involved and ruined his reputation he would kill me the second he gets home. I think the best thing to is get the cops involved but at the same time I don't want to upset my mom:(

Comment

[MENTION=112911]Winter[/MENTION] get the imam involved? I might as well dig my own grave! If my dad finds out I got the imam involved and ruined his reputation he would kill me the second he gets home. I think the best thing to is get the cops involved but at the same time I don't want to upset my mom:(
              Speak to one anonymously and see his opinion on it.

Comment

In telling you guys my dad is not ok in the head!! The thing is I cant report him because my mom told me if I did she wouldn't talk to me. I was so close to poisoning him once but I didn't because he's my father. I feel like he's a burden to our souls and he just needs to go. My mom won't divorce him no matter how many times I ask her. My moms family are back home and my dads family, let's just say they're no better. I told my mom either I leave or he leaves but she still hasn't given me an answer:/
                If you're sure your mom will never let him go even for you then perhaps you should move out and not let that negativity ruin your life any more. Moving out doesn't mean you have to end your relationship with your mom.

Comment

I have experienced the same thing.

After years of receiving physical abuse, it was discovered that my father had a jinn in him. My brother told me the story of when it was being extracted but the sisters will hate me if I make this a jinn thread.

He could be oppressive in nature, jinn problems or mentally ill. He needs to undergo a diagnosis asap whatever the case may be.
                  :ahb:

Comment

Originally posted by Eid View Post
                    I have experienced the same thing.

After years of receiving physical abuse, it was discovered that my father had a jinn in him. My brother told me the story of when it was being extracted but the sisters will hate me if I make this a jinn thread.

He could be oppressive in nature, jinn problems or mentally ill. He needs to undergo a diagnosis asap whatever the case may be.
                    SubhanAllah that is creepy. So after the jinn was extracted your fathers personality and behavior changes completely?

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                      SubhanAllah that is creepy. So after the jinn was extracted your fathers personality and behavior changes completely?
                      Yeah, he got physically weaker and he became soft spoken.

While he was possessed, he once pulled a punching bag off its hooks which is literally impossible for a normal human. I have so many stories of him doing crazy things... so it was likely a very strong jinn (ifreet) inside him. The story of extraction is crazy too.

Comment

Yeah, he got physically weaker and he became soft spoken.

While he was possessed, he once pulled a punching bag off its hooks which is literally impossible for a normal human. I have so many stories of him doing crazy things... so it was likely a very strong jinn (ifreet) inside him. The story of extraction is crazy too.
                        That's scary that a person can be possessed to the point their personality and behavior is not their own... Did he have the jinn in him for a long time as in years? Anyway not trying to derail thread...

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                          That's scary that a person can be possessed to the point their personality and behavior is not their own... Did he have the jinn in him for a long time as in years? Anyway not trying to derail thread...
                          Yeah. My dad converted in his late teens and the jinn was believed to have been in him before he came to deen.

Comment

ok, you need to go to the court, not Ummah Forum.

Comment

Yeah. My dad converted in his late teens and the jinn was believed to have been in him before he came to deen.
                              Really?? Here I thought jinns only attacked Muslims. I'm curious about it now mainly bc the jinn can take control of the persons life for so many years but it would be derailing thread :(

Comment

Working...
                              X