Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Her father hates me and wants to separate us

Too bad, suck it up and move on.
    “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Yeah, I'm with the father here.

What kind of father is going to trust a man who had a relationship with his daughter, chatted with her hundreds of times online, all behind his back? Who cares how many degrees he has?

Comment

I've said it once and I'll say it again...

I stopped reading when you said "when my girlfriend".

This is unacceptable...

Good on the father of your "Girlfriend"

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
          Dad's are more important than a non mahram man.

Doesn't matter if he has a phd, that's not going to take me to heaven, so that can get flushed down the toilet :zzz:

::rotfl: :rotfl:
          Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by rr99 View Post
            As-salamu alaykum my brothers and sisters,

I fall in love with a beautiful and smart Muslim girl Mashallah and I really love her. She is really smart and caring and I would really like to marry her. I’m 29 years old (Doctoral student) and she is 23 years in her final year of studies and she will graduate this year Inshallah. FYI, we are both from different educational disciplines. We saw each other several times and chat online hundred times; I really think she is the one for me. I’ve already introduce her to my parents through dinner and they love her. However, I told her it will be better to inform her parents about me so we can get to know each other. We talked through this topic many times because she was scared how her father will react on this. Finally, she told her mother about me, and she didn’t protested much, but her father was furious when she told him… I mean he doesn’t even know or saw me ever, and he was all judgmental about me and call me names. The deal is, I have always been highly ambitious as a person and always interested in getting better and better in what I do.

Briefly, so far I’ve obtained two master’s degree (MBA;M.Sc.) and I’m currently a Ph.D. candidate. I work as Project Manager and simultaneously I teach at the University part time. When my girlfriend told him about me he said: he’s not special at all, anyone can obtain those degrees, you can do so much better than him. I mean I don’t want to sound rude, but her father is a cap driver with only a high school degree. Do you think that this person is suitable to evaluate me properly? Additionally, she told him that I’m her choice and she doesn’t like or want anybody else. He didn’t want to hear her out in a first place. Also, he started asking her about my family (my parents and my brother) and started criticizing them with no particular reason whatsoever. I think that her father is totally frustrated and he has his own issues.

The biggest issues that he doesn’t like is that we are both Muslims but from different nationalities. According to me, that’s not an issue at all and it is ridiculous to ruin our love over this.
            I mean this guy has never saw me and he already hates my guts. After the conversation she had with him, he told her to brake all contact with me cause he don’t want to hear about me ever again… That was 7 months ago. My girlfriend was crushed emotionally after this; she cried a lot and she still do. Now she can’t go anywhere, she stays at home all the time; now we get to see each other when I have a lunch break and when she doesn’t have classes. Her father doesn’t even speak with her anymore…. A week ago, she got in to a huge argument with him. He asked her whether we broke up or not. She told him that she is still with me…He got furious, and told her that he will kicked her out of the house, he doesn’t want to see her again, that she can go to me and never come back???? He took her cell phone and lap top so she can’t communicate with me…. He even wanted to physically attack her but he didn’t.

My brothers and sisters, what kind of a father is this??? Will a normal father respect his daughter wishes and just hear at least what she’s got to say????

I really wanted to go with my parents this summer and do a Nikah, but now everything is ruined. My gf is crushed and haven’t seen her since last week    I really miss her a lot  I can’t live without her. Cause her father doesn’t want to get to know me at all, after a lot of thinking, I thought this solution is the best. I’ll wait for my gf to graduate this summer and she will run away with me and we will get married. She told me that if she do this she will lose her family for good. I’ve said that, from the bottom of my heart, I really loved to meet your parents so they can get to know me and I never wanted to split you apart from your parents or talked you in to hate you parents. Actually, I was secretly hoping that her father will eventually express interest to see me, but that didn’t happen at all  All he wanted to split us apart. I’m so ashamed to talk with my parents about this and told them that my gf father thinks I’m a bump and an ordinary guy, no good for his daughter and that she can do better than me….. My parents are really proud of me, especially my father. My mother is really emotional as a person and If I told her what happened she will say let’s go to her house and talk with her parent about this, but I don’t want that. I’m afraid that her father will curse and offend my parents and me...

My brothers and sisters, what do you think about this particular situation? Overall, do you think that her father is right and that I’m no good at all for her? Any advice will do.

May ‘Allah’ bless you!
            send me the number of this amazing father. I need to talk to him. Need to tell him how impressed and happy that he treated you like a crap
            Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
              send me the number of this amazing father. I need to talk to him. Need to tell him how impressed and happy that he treated you like a crap
              Hm, true. I wonder how many fathers would ignore the fact that the guy was dating their daughter once he found out he had all these degrees and qualifications.

I hope not many in shaa Allah.

Comment

You guys need to chill. I don't agree with this brother, nor feel that much sympathy for what is happening, but as fellow Muslims this is unacceptable way to mock him.

Comment

As-salamu alaykum my brothers and sisters,
                  Wa 'alaykum salaam wa-rahmatullah wa-barakatuh.

First of all brother, as a Muslim, you shouldn't have a girlfriend.
                  So if the father's rejection of you is based on this, then he is absolutely right.
                  But in any case, just stop the conversation between you and this woman.
                  She shouldn't be alone with you or talk to you without her mahram.

So make tawbah (repentance) to Allah as you have been in a haram relationship with this lady.
                  If you want to make this right after tawbah, I would advise you to go as soon as possible to meet
                  the father directly. Try going without your parents first in order to avoid humiliation on your parents
                  in case the father goes off. By the way, make istikharah beforehand.
                  Don't worry about the father being disrespectful or not to you. Just go with a positive mindset, good
                  intention, and try yourself to convince him. Do anything you have to go.
                  If things are cool while talking to him, ask him if he would be willing to talk to your parents as well.

May Allah make whatever is best happen.
                  If worse comes to worse and nothing happens, then you would need to move on.
                  *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
                  "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

Originally posted by Oum Soumayyah View Post
                    Wa 'alaykum salaam wa-rahmatullah wa-barakatuh.

First of all brother, as a Muslim, you shouldn't have a girlfriend.
                    So if the father's rejection of you is based on this, then he is absolutely right.
                    But in any case, just stop the conversation between you and this woman.
                    She shouldn't be alone with you or talk to you without her mahram.

So make tawbah (repentance) to Allah as you have been in a haram relationship with this lady.
                    If you want to make this right after tawbah, I would advise you to go as soon as possible to meet
                    the father directly. Try going without your parents first in order to avoid humiliation on your parents
                    in case the father goes off. By the way, make istikharah beforehand.
                    Don't worry about the father being disrespectful or not to you. Just go with a positive mindset, good
                    intention, and try yourself to convince him. Do anything you have to go.
                    If things are cool while talking to him, ask him if he would be willing to talk to your parents as well.

May Allah make whatever is best happen.
                    If worse comes to worse and nothing happens, then you would need to move on.
                    My sister,

Thank you for your understanding. I've tried several times to meet her father but he refuses to meet with me. I will try it again. I would love to have a deep conversation with him so he can hear understand my intentions with his daughter. I will make 'Istikharan' before as well.

May 'Allah' Bless you

Comment

My sister,

Thank you for your understanding. I've tried several times to meet her father but he refuses to meet with me. I will try it again. I would love to have a deep conversation with him so he can hear understand my intentions with his daughter. I will make 'Istikharan' before as well.

May 'Allah' Bless you

You two are from different ethnicity? What are your ethnicity?

Comment

My sister,

May 'Allah' Bless you
                        :salams

Brother what intention are you speaking about here? You've dated the man's daughter behind his back and as a Muslim are committing (still have failed to acknowledge this) a sin and now you've played a part in turning a daughter against her father and you speak of good intention? To put a cherry on top of this you've already planned on running away with her and splitting her family apart.

You want to set the right intention stop all communication with her. Tell her to go to her father and apologize once she graduates just go to her house with your parents and ask for her hand. Rest everything else in Allah (swt) hand. If he agree then go for it, if not then it isn't meant to be.

Comment

My sister,

May 'Allah' Bless you
                          I see.
                          In shaa Allah khayr.

Ameen, may Allah bless you too.
                          *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
                          "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

duplicate thread

did he agree?
                            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Working...
                            X