Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the fuss with obedience?

:salams

What is this fuss about obedience here on UF? Sisters if you are obedient to your husbands you will be rewarded, brothers if you demand obedience from your wives then first look at how obedient you are to Allah....

Enough said.....

Jazakallah Khair

Re: What's the fuss with obedience?

Wa Alaykumussalam

Jazakhallahu khairan for the reminder, beneficial post and put very well.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Jazak allahu khair

Comment

Originally posted by Virus View Post

What is this fuss about obedience here on UF? Sisters if you are obedient to your husbands you will be rewarded, brothers if you demand obedience from your wives then first look at how obedient you are to Allah....

Enough said.....

Jazakallah Khair
        It's easy to think of it being a "fuss" as a man... I bet you wouldn't be so relaxed about it if you were the female. Try it... Use your imaginations... If you have any.

Comment

Originally posted by In my Opinion View Post
          It's easy to think of it being a "fuss" as a man... I bet you wouldn't be so relaxed about it if you were the female. Try it... Use your imaginations... If you have any.
          Are you even married tho? if not try to educate yourself. Your post. Eventhough you made it a question for the OP, says allot about yourself....

Comment

You do realize its a commandment....

Women forget all the responsibilities put on men with respect to their families...
            "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
            -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

It's a right of the husband and since it's marriage related that's probably why it gets discussed so often
              If you memorize just 1 verse from the Quran everyday you would become a hafiz in 18 years and that's the Slowest pace, so what's stopping you?
              And if you die during that time, then you at least had the intention of becoming a Hafiz

Comment

Very well put brother

and sister, it may sound annoying and daunting to have to 'obey' your husband but wallahi if you and your husband fear Allah then it comes naturally. A man desires to be respected and a woman desires to be loved and cared for so it's a natural exchange. If you are capable of listening and obeying your parents then in shaa Allah you will not find it hard as a wife too.

maybe your imagining a dictator who shouts at you 'go and do the dishes you silly woman' lol, however no one is gonna listen to a man like that! May Allah bless you with a kind and loving husband that will treat you well, ameen!

Comment

Originally posted by Virus View Post

Enough said.....

Jazakallah Khair
                  Both husband and wife should be obedient to each other. Obedience has different meanings. Whether thats loyalty, support, good communication, fulfilling responsibilities etc.

Also, for women obedience doesn't mean you become your husbands slave and never have your own opinions about anything.

Its about being his support and working as a team.

Comment

Working...
                  X