Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What qualities are you willing to compromise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What qualities are you willing to compromise?

Originally posted by vildan View Post
    [MENTION=134214]ninety1daisies[/MENTION]

OMGGG YOUR BACK SIS!!!!

You do not know how happy i am right now, Alhamdulillah, litrially smiling like a loser :D

You have some explaining to do young women
    hehe Vildan, I had to come back I missed you!!
    Indeed we belong to Allah,
    and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
      yeah, his appearance did not change. But an average looking person with great personality can indeed become very beautiful. Just like a very beautiful guy after becoming an abuser starts to look ugly. And also, good looks are VERY important the first few months of the marriage. Later on, it becomes irrelevant if the person has a horrible character. I'm not saying looks are not important, I'm just saying that some people give it a lot more importance than it's worth.
      But this has nothing to do with physical beauty...his great personality may make him overall a beautiful person but it won't have anything to do with his physical appearance...that stays as is.

Comment

I don't have a set criteria or make a list of desired qualities etc.

I wouldn't compromise on anything to be honest. Looks, deen, family are all important things to me and I will never lower my requirements simply to get married. I'd rather be single than marry somebody who doesn't wear the appropriate hijab etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahki Muhammad View Post
          I don't have a set criteria or make a list of desired qualities etc.

I wouldn't compromise on anything to be honest. Looks, deen, family are all important things to me and I will never lower my requirements simply to get married. I'd rather be single than marry somebody who doesn't wear the appropriate hijab etc.
          Wearing the appropriate hijāb is something big that you shouldn't compromise. I meant things like minor character flaws, annoying habits, different cultural norms etc. No human is perfect, we all have our flaws.
          Let not the free disposal (and affluence) of the disbelievers throughout the land deceive you.

[Surah Aali-'Imraan: V. 196]

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
            I can compromise:
            Not wearing hijaab
            Undesirable lineage
            Average looks

I cant compromise:
            Being kaafir or apostate
            Leading wild life before marriage
            Ugly look

How do you differentiate between average looks and ugly looks?

Would you say that a sister who does not look like a model is ugly?

I think that this post summarises what is most important to men in today's day and age. They would rather marry a beautiful woman with no hijab and salah and would then expect her to suddenly become religious and pious after the marriage. Well prepared to be in for a shock after the wedding!

Comment

Originally posted by Droplet_1 View Post

I think that this post summarises what is most important to men in today's day and age. They would rather marry a beautiful woman with no hijab and salah and would then expect her to suddenly become religious and pious after the marriage. Well prepared to be in for a shock after the wedding!

Her face will tell me if she is ugly or average look :)

I didnt say i want model for marriage. Maybe if i were rich i would marry beautiful woman wearing abayat ;)

Comment

models come in all shapes colours and sizes people

this forum gets boring, same immature posts, same nonsense again and again and again :zzz:

لا تفكر كثيرا
                بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                -------------------------------------------------------
                www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh no, another one.

Where did you come up with such a conclusion?

Average means not attractive, but not unattractive either.

No we don't only find models attractive. Actually you will find that men find most women attractive. It's just that young men tend to shoot for the stars.

Anyway, you'll find that bashing men on this forum will get you a lot of brownie points, so by all means keep doing it.

Comment

salaams to all

beauty is what is natural
                    all the models and supermodels we see in magazines etc, if u had to see them WITHOUT any makeup, they wont be worth a second look.

this habit of holding these models as the epitome of beauty is a big hoax that many sisters fall for (and some brothers too)
                    theres millions of girls around the world whom Allah ta'ala has blessed with natural beauty- they dont need to use anything to beautify themselves.

in fact, many sisters spoil their beauty by using all these socalled beauty products.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                    jazakallah
                    Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                    very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ajabah View Post
                      :salams

This is something I never really thought about properly until now. We always hear we should compromise with our spouse, not hold high expectations and realise s/he is human and therefore flawed.

This is true, but I want to ask; what are you willing to compromise?
                      I am willing to compromise looks if it ever does come down to it inshaaAllah. I know its so easy to say without even seeing the person but Ive thought about it. I can compromise for his looks but only if his deen is rather amazing and shines through in his character. And he has financial stability. But hmm maybe this is also too good to be true...Allah knows best.
                      Last edited by ninety1daisies; 30-11-15, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by msmoorad View Post
                        salaams to all

beauty is what is natural
                        all the models and supermodels we see in magazines etc, if u had to see them WITHOUT any makeup, they wont be worth a second look.

this habit of holding these models as the epitome of beauty is a big hoax that many sisters fall for (and some brothers too)
                        theres millions of girls around the world whom Allah ta'ala has blessed with natural beauty- they dont need to use anything to beautify themselves.

in fact, many sisters spoil their beauty by using all these socalled beauty products.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                        jazakallah
                        :wswrwb:

This is very true. What models and celebrities have is superficial beauty; natural beauty is a lot harder to find because of this. But even then, beauty is subjective.

Wa iyyākah
                        Let not the free disposal (and affluence) of the disbelievers throughout the land deceive you.

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                          I am willing to compromise looks if it ever does come down to it inshaaAllah. I know its so easy to say without even seeing the person but Ive thought about it. I can compromise for his looks but only if his deen is rather amazing and shines through in his character. And he has financial stability. But hmm maybe this is also too good to be true...Allah knows best.
                          A lot of people are willing to compromise looks it seems. I didn't expect this many people to, lol.

Comment

A lot of people are willing to compromise looks it seems. I didn't expect this many people to, lol.
                            those stories may have also had an effect =P

Comment

The thing is sis, ppl say that.. but when it actually comes to it, I bet compromising looks isn't as easy as it seems

By looks I mean some level of attraction. I feel like few people would be happy marrying someone they are not attracted to (in any way)

here I'm not discussing model looks, or beauty even, but some form of attraction, it's human nature n how we've been created.

Comment

You mean a lot of guys right?

We're not shallow, I swear.

Comment

Working...
                                X