Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: western brothers and sisters

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    "Getting roasted" is an overstatement if it was just one dude who was banned soon after. That's what I meant.
    Sorry
    :ahb:

Comment

Originally posted by Taboo View Post
      not only do you have disbelievers telling you how 'horrible' you are for being muslim and what bad humans youll be, but you have other muslims telling you how horrible a muslim you are and what bad spouses you'll be.

cheer up in sha allah. allah guided you for a reason. and you are not horrible, otherwise you would not have been blessed with eeman.

may allah increase you in patience and knowledge and piety and success.. along with all muslims. ameen.
      :salams
      What a lovely thoughtful thread ma sha Allah, really made me smile and feel good to read it.

:jkk:

Comment

Ameen.
        :conf06:

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
          Oh yeah, the word 'spouses' is in there.
          I just spit my juice lol.

Comment

Some are narrow minded and can't accept the fact that some western muslims can also cook (and not just pasta but traditional Indian or back home food), clean, and know where their priorities lie.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
              Some are narrow minded and can't accept the fact that some western muslims can also cook (and not just pasta but traditional Indian or back home food), clean, and know where their priorities lie.

Surely you mean the overwhelming majority...

Comment

Originally posted by Taboo View Post
                not only do you have disbelievers telling you how 'horrible' you are for being muslim and what bad humans youll be, but you have other muslims telling you how horrible a muslim you are and what bad spouses you'll be.

cheer up in sha allah. allah guided you for a reason. and you are not horrible, otherwise you would not have been blessed with eeman.

may allah increase you in patience and knowledge and piety and success.. along with all muslims. ameen.

This is what upsets me actually.

For some weird reason, most men seem to think that all British women are selfish, self-absorbed and are terrible wives/mothers, compared to women from abroad who are automatically pious and pure. That's why their mothers prefer them to marry abroad instead. That isn't fair at all. Yes, you can cook and clean etc. but I just don't agree with pushing everything onto the woman who has enormous pressure to conform. Its like women have to fit the mans ideal, and not the other way round. Being intelligent and outspoken (but respectful) are not qualities that should be disliked. Those very same intelligent women are more likely to educate and guide your children more easily, and even help you with difficult issues. They can be very good support in relationships. I am not saying that women from abroad, are bad wives/mothers or have less intelligence, every woman has her own strengths and weaknesses. Ultimately, people should judge her deen, character and outlook in life above anything else. Unfortunately, this society is crippled with ideals. On average men want younger, beautiful women that can do everything, and women want guys with good income and social background. If we looked at marriage less like segregation of ideals, and more like team work, then we would have more people getting married easily and even less broken ones.
                Last edited by R123; 17-01-16, 01:18 PM.

Comment

May Allah out of His mercy guide whomsoever is in misguidance, and whomsoever does evil. Ameen.

And May Allah plant our feet firm in His religion, and make matters easy for us. Ameen.
                  La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                  (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                  Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Working...
                  X