Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one to have a nice mother in law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attitude of mother in law directly proportional to the proximity of her house?

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    people are likely to make a thread here or complain in real life if things are bad than if they are good.

my own mother in law is very good, and never had a problem with my in-laws, not once.
    yeah well, actually I was interested in women's answers, sorry for not specifying that :)

Comment

Re: Attitude of mother in law directly proportional to the proximity of her house?

I get along quite well with my MIL. She only has sons so she says I'm like the daughter she always wanted. She treats me like I'm her daughter. Alhamdulilah.

Comment

I voted I have good relationship with my MIL and she lives far from me. but that's not true fully. My MIL lives in other side of the world, so I have minimal interaction with her. But the 3 weeks I spent with her last year showed me few of her bad side that I didn't appreciate. But I knew it was 3 weeks so kept my mouth shut. I noticed she also was polite to me & kept her distance as much as possible knowing we only have to see each other for 3 weeks.

I don't have anything against her but i don't "get along with her" like I do with my other inlaws

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
          I'm sure lots of people have a nice mil, but people only ask for advice when they have a mil that is causing problems etc, naturally not when their mother in law is nice. Also, be careful in posting about topics like these, due to evil eye/nazar. Just a reminder for everyone's benefit.
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

No, my mother in law is awesome

she also doesn't exist
            And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
              Salams everyone,

I keep reading about the problems between sisters and their mothers in law, now I was wondering about those among you who have a nice mother in law? How many of you could say you have a nice mother in law, and is that directly proportional to the proximity of her house? I ask this because I think the reason why my mother in law is nice to me is that we don't live together (she is 2 kilometers away from my place), and we see each other once or twice a week. Almost every time I see her, she has some new present for me and seems happy to see me.

So my theory is: the closer your mother in law to your place, the worse your mother in law treats you.

Or: You cannot have a good relationship with your mother in law if you live in the same house/apartment with her.

Here is a poll that could give a big picture (I would like to edit the title of the thread but apparently I cannot do so).

Well my wife and my mother are on very good terms, too good terms, lol. They can even team up against me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              You know, there are bad mother in laws and bad daughter in laws, but the truth is this fear and bad relation is honestly considered to be everywhere due to many single ladies being negative without knowing much, maybe by seeing 1 out of 10 families and focusing on them, otherwise being happy with MIL is I think more common than otherwise, but they are not talked about because they don't have any problem.

Comment

Working...
              X