Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe in signs? Is it even allowed to believe in them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in signs? Is it even allowed to believe in them?

Assalamu 'alaykum dear brothers and sisters,

So you've done your istikhara, and then you start getting "signs" (could be bad or good) such as "coincidences" (e.g. seeing her name everywhere, coming across a relevant verse when you open the Quran randomly, seeing a social media post that exactly addresses something that's worrying your mind at that moment, receiving random advice from friends that actually address your current worry) and dreams, would you dismiss them or take them into consideration?
    Last edited by budi.sudaryo; 10-10-15, 02:47 AM.
    I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Wow does this really happen ?

Comment

Re: Do you believe in signs? Is it even allowed to believe in them?

Originally posted by Muslim_Akhi93 View Post
      Wow does this really happen ?
      pretty much so, and I don't know how to take them. I'm still not sure about this potential.
      I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Wow that's so cool.. So if I want to do this how do I go about it ?

Comment

Wow that's so cool.. So if I want to do this how do I go about it ?
          in my case I just pray istikhara many times and make desperate dua's to be given guidance regarding the potential.

Comment

So awesome!!!!! Tell more incidents please

Comment

apparently this thing is called fa'l in islam. read page 44 and 45 on this: https://books.google.co.id/books?id=...0islam&f=false

Comment

So awesome!!!!! Tell more incidents please
                -I was not sure if the deen of this woman matches my criteria (judging from the outward), then on different occasions I met 2 friends in the mosque, telling me inspiring stories about how they guided their wife from "zero" to be a woman as they are now. then I consulted some elders in the mosque, including an ustadh, and they said to not judge someone's deen as it looks right now as people might change, and that Allah might send someone with average deen for you to work on. I also visited a righteous friend that already has a family and he said the same thing and he had the experience too with his wife, and on the way home I listened to a hamza yusuf lecture in the car, and amazingly at one point he discussed the "4 criteria hadith", and regarding the deen criteria he interpreted deen as not necessarily the outward religiosity, but more of the foundation of the person, which is akhira oriented, not dunya oriented.

-in another episode of worrying (I have this from time to time), a friend told me that this girl was wearing hijab for ied al adha. this gave me hope, at least it's a first step.

-at least in 5 episodes of worrying, I saw her name on blogs, ummah forum, etc.

-in other episodes I encountered relevant posts the first time I opened Tumblr or other social media, such as about having patience, and how He listens to your prayers.

-dreams, many of them. last night I even dreamed of marrying her.
                Last edited by budi.sudaryo; 10-10-15, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X