Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halal Matchmaking for Ummah Members?

Assalamu Alaykum.

Firstly, although I've been a member for a long time, I've only really started posting here recently, so I'm not very familiar with everything that goes on here.

I'm curious to know... is there or has there been something on here for members to find potential spouses amongst other themselves - ie, other members. I'm nor sure how it could work, or if it even could work at all, but scanning through the threads it just seems there are too many unhappy, distressed brothers and sisters unable to find spouses.

Again, I'm not sure how this might work, but surely a few of the said members might be content with someone else who is in a similar situation?

Apologies if it's foolish and naive thinking on my part, but it's quite disheartening, all these 'I will never find someone' threads.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Re: Halal Matchmaking for Ummah Members?

This is in reply to the person who suggested I contact the mods if I was interested in anyone (mashaallah, that was quite funny, but I think they were being serious!)...

It was actually something that occurred to me yesterday after coming across a succession of threads all very similar, by members who have been using this forum for a very long time, I believe.

There must be a very large number of members joined. If it's such a huge problem, as it appears to be, especially for the more senior members, I would like to think there would be a suitable spouse for such members even on here.
    Last edited by Fakhri; 08-10-15, 09:14 PM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

They should just use a matrimonial site
      If you memorize just 1 verse from the Quran everyday you would become a hafiz in 18 years and that's the Slowest pace, so what's stopping you?
      And if you die during that time, then you at least had the intention of becoming a Hafiz

Comment

Im sure I did have an idea, Im defo sure one of my plans was to make a matrimony site for ummah forum users. i think this was months ago....i have a poor memory.
        Okay :)

Comment

Halal Matchmaking for Ummah Members?

the ironic thing is matrimonial sites r designed for this,peeps dont wanna use that,but wanna use uf instead

but if part of this becomes a matrimomial site like a few peeps suggested, I bet then ironically it wont attract ppl for marriage anymore

saying that,im not encouraging using matrimonial sites since a lot arent carried out in islamic ways

I feel like the appeal of uf over matchmaking sites is the fact didnt come here to get married which is y if the matrimonial element occurs probz novelty will wear off

also maybe peeps gtting a bit carried away. scary thought bt u dnt really knw whos typing behind the computer. not being sinister lol n im sure majority r reliablem
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Psychofak View Post
            Assalamu Alaykum.

Firstly, although I've been a member for a long time, I've only really started posting here recently, so I'm not very familiar with everything that goes on here.

I'm curious to know... is there or has there been something on here for members to find potential spouses amongst other themselves - ie, other members. I'm nor sure how it could work, or if it even could work at all, but scanning through the threads it just seems there are too many unhappy, distressed brothers and sisters unable to find spouses.

Again, I'm not sure how this might work, but surely a few of the said members might be content with someone else who is in a similar situation?

Apologies if it's foolish and naive thinking on my part, but it's quite disheartening, all these 'I will never find someone' threads.
            This though cross through mind that matrimonial through ummah.com well it is up to the moderators.

Comment

Salaam

I did think about this and i did start a thread if you want to check it out , some time back in july http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ums&highlight=

Initially it made sense , you have a group of islamic-minded young people whom of which many are single so why not? Then when you actually think of executing it actually feels a bit creepy , you would have to scout for woman here who are just trying to to talk about islam and it i would make them unconformable and dosent seem fair plus we wouldn't want that for our sisters we are supposed to protect them not prey on them.

Ofcourse you have to speak to mahram first that could be mediated by a mod in which the sister if interested could exchange mahram details but still seems like monkey business, although for older user might be alright if done in the right way.

I was watching a video of Sh.Muhammad Humble and he recommended this website http://www.purematch.co.uk/ it is very halal masha Allah and made by some masjid in the UK Allah yjzahum khayr. No Pics , no interacting only mahrams. I think this is a better alternative than UF

bil tawfeeg
              The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                the ironic thing is matrimonial sites r designed for this,peeps dont wanna use that,but wanna use uf instead

but if part of this becomes a matrimomial site like a few peeps suggested, I bet then ironically it wont attract ppl for marriage anymore

saying that,im not encouraging using matrimonial sites since a lot arent carried out in islamic ways

I feel like the appeal of uf over matchmaking sites is the fact didnt come here to get married which is y if the matrimonial element occurs probz novelty will wear off

also maybe peeps gtting a bit carried away. scary thought bt u dnt really knw whos typing behind the computer. not being sinister lol n im sure majority r reliablem
                I think this is happening behind screens:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeys_with_computers%u0025255B1%u0025255D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	10759060
                Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

too big a responsibility for forum owner

cant happen
                  Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by sawm View Post
                    Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

I think this is happening behind screens:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeys_with_computers%u0025255B1%u0025255D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	10759060
                    Lol I hope not
                    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

It's not going to happen and any people interested in another member are advised to go through the mods. Just don't be disappointed when/if the response you get is No, or the process isn't even completed or you don't get replies. This isn't a matrimonial site after all.

Truth is, it seems easier to do haram than go the halal route because people find the halal 'weird'. Astaghfirullah.
                      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Apparently a few people have gotten married on here but mods are too busy to do any matchmaking.

After my sister pestering me i've finally joined a matrimonial site and after a day i am so depressed already, i hate having to put myself out there, i want to believe in fate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ria View Post
                          Im sure I did have an idea, Im defo sure one of my plans was to make a matrimony site for ummah forum users. i think this was months ago....i have a poor memory.
                          Wow... interesting.
                          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Just sort yourself out like they used to in the old days.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...MARRIAGES-lt-3

If you need any help, give me or brother Sajid a shout.....but only if you are serious and you think someone may be suitable
                            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Psychofak View Post
                              Assalamu Alaykum.

I don't know about that really. I mean, the thought of being free and open to discussion about Islam kind of gets hindered when chance of marriage proposals become more common. I mean on the forum, many females and males talk freely, about their confusion and about their life's problem or tension, would be kind odd doing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X