Clear All

• Is Marriage Like Dating?

:salams

clickity click
    sigpic

Re: Is Marriage Like Dating?

*Came to answer with a novel. Left disappointed.*
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
      loool

in sha allah a good marriage will have mmany exciting moments.::wink:
      Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
      __________________________________________________ _____________________________
      If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
        loool

in sha allah a good marriage will have mmany exciting moments.::wink:
        :insha: But unless you live separately then dating and marriage are completely different. Dating is always practically nothing putting yourself in the best light for a few hours at a time for an activity and then disappearing. Marriage and living together means somebody will see the good, the bad and the weird.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

youtube ...

blocked*

Comment

jazakhallahu khairan for this video
            think I've seen it before, sounded really familiar
            I was going to answer the qs as well lol
            so to summarise the vid for peeps: we should marry for good reasons/intentions, and concentrate on our duties as opposed to always demanding our rights.
            I remember someone saying to someone I know, if you wanna get married young you can, and you can both stay at home till you've finished your education, and it will be like dating, even though you'll both be married (ofcourse). lol kinda funny but It was true too, and the op title reminded me of this.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear RecordĒ
            [al-Aníaam 6:59]

Comment

:insha: But unless you live separately then dating and marriage are completely different. Dating is always practically nothing putting yourself in the best light for a few hours at a time for an activity and then disappearing. Marriage and living together means somebody will see the good, the bad and the weird.
              yeah well you dont have to get all your wierdness out during marriage. keep a bit back innit.

surpise him / her along the way

and you can always ditch the kids with grandparents and go out on a DATE NIGHT :hidban:

who says marriage is boring
              Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

I refuse to clickity click.
                They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                  yeah well you dont have to get all your wierdness out during marriage. keep a bit back innit.

surpise him / her along the way

and you can always ditch the kids with grandparents and go out on a DATE NIGHT :hidban:

who says marriage is boring
                  :insha: One dat eh. Just not atm it seems. I know I seem to mope about it but I've also accepted it. Not something really in my control.

Comment

:insha: One dat eh. Just not atm it seems. I know I seem to mope about it but I've also accepted it. Not something really in my control.
                    when Allah swt deems it best theni in sha allah it will happen

Comment

good to see you back man
                      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                        good to see you back man
                        Jazakallah Khair.

I'm probably gonna end up AWOL again soon enough

Comment

Marriage, marriage, marriage...

Jo khai woh pachtaye, jo nah khai, woh bhi pachtaye
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Yes if you're awesome. If you suck and are a boring person then you'll just be about responsibilities and hate your life.

Marriage is not about scheduling bedroom time and paying bills, going to work, cooking food.

It's suppose to be about two people taking care of one another and having fun together in halal ways.

I feel sorry for people who are unromantic, unexctiing and boring. Do not want.

Comment

Spouses should never stop dating even if they have a dozen kids and they're like 80 s:)
                              How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me :crying2:

Comment

Working...
                              X