Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Habits before marriage

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    erm... try to be less emotional, perhaps talk less (lol), and learn how to cook :D haha and how to wear makeup properly as I rarely wear it, but judging by those transformation youtube vids, it's a must know
    Loool you have yourself a list cream haha

Comment

erm... try to be less emotional, perhaps talk less (lol), and learn how to cook :D haha and how to wear makeup properly as I rarely wear it, but judging by those transformation youtube vids, it's a must know
      Lol make up is super easy!

I have to stop looking ratchet when I'm at home :(

Comment

Originally posted by bintmydad View Post
        Loool you have yourself a list cream haha
        haha I do indeed, oops I should have put 1 lool like everyone else did, made myself look bad now haha
        the talking n emotions are part of me though, so the food n makeup things i'll narrow the list down to lool.
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

[MENTION=88623]ibzy[/MENTION]

who snores voluntarily...
          The wise
          They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

that's a hard one

what's the etc bit?
            A bunch of other stuff

Comment

Lol make up is super easy!

I have to stop looking ratchet when I'm at home :(
              yeah, but I bet you've worn it quite a bit, when its permissible to, so u have experience :).. I don't think its rocket science, lol just that I very rarely wear it, probably because most times if i'm going out gonna be passing non mahrams, probably just takes a bit of practice, sum peeps are pros though lol like seen some youtube transformations, and I know beautification after marriage is important. lol.

haha omg that's so me too. when im at home its all about comfort :D lol. I guess we can make the mosta that though because it changes after marriage, or perhaps should try wearing normal clothes at home. lolz everyone in my house will be suspicious like, why r u wearing nice clothes at home loool
              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
              [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Lol I'm sure you managed to change a lot about yourself mr zi-zizou

oh... except that humour of yours that's still pending right? :)
                I thought I'd stop drinking tea from a saucer but what can I say?!? when you have spent years perfecting something it's hard to let go.

Comment

I'd like to argue less and not be as lazy, but I can do that before marriage.

Comment

Stop listening to music

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                      I thought I'd stop drinking tea from a saucer but what can I say?!? when you have spent years perfecting something it's hard to let go.
                      I hope that's because there are no clean cups and you're just lazy rather than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                        Stop listening to music
                        May Allah swt give you the strength to do so..

replace it with Quran and you'll never want to hear another song :)

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                          I'd like to argue less and not be as lazy, but I can do that before marriage.
                          Yeah, true say. I guess going into marriage you want to be the best version of yourself so it's a motivating factor in a way. :)

Comment

yeah, but I bet you've worn it quite a bit, when its permissible to, so u have experience :).. I don't think its rocket science, lol just that I very rarely wear it, probably because most times if i'm going out gonna be passing non mahrams, probably just takes a bit of practice, sum peeps are pros though lol like seen some youtube transformations, and I know beautification after marriage is important. lol.

haha omg that's so me too. when im at home its all about comfort :D lol. I guess we can make the mosta that though because it changes after marriage, or perhaps should try wearing normal clothes at home. lolz everyone in my house will be suspicious like, why r u wearing nice clothes at home loool
                            Hahaha tell me about!

I'm a bit obsessed with YouTube gurus and watching MUA videos... the after shots are unbelievable lol. Don't think I could ever wear that much make up!

I know right, wait till you're engaged - if you ever want to look nice at home purely for your own sake everyone will start teasing you & say you must be practicing :(

Comment

do you have any habits you would change before getting married?

married people; did you change anything you did before you got married?

mine is to stop going on dailymail
                              Asalaamu aleykum,

Great thread, sis! I've already started making some small changes in prep for marriage like making sure I look nice at home, even when I'm feeling lazy, so it isn't a complete shock to the system once I get married, inshaAllah. I think it's better to start now so it becomes a habit rather than expecting to go from trackie-bottomed-bird-nest-hair-ketchup-stained-t-shirt to glammed-up-super-wife overnight.
                              And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                              http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
                                Asalaamu aleykum,

Great thread, sis! I've already started making some small changes in prep for marriage like making sure I look nice at home, even when I'm feeling lazy, so it isn't a complete shock to the system once I get married, inshaAllah. I think it's better to start now so it becomes a habit rather than expecting to go from trackie-bottomed-bird-nest-hair-ketchup-stained-t-shirt to glammed-up-super-wife overnight.
                                :wswrwb:

JazakAllah khair sis.

Totally agree lol, I've been trying to do the same. Nothing fancy but generally just wearing nice clothes and looking/smelling nice... honestly, so far I find it tedious but it does help my mood a lot.

Look good, feel good maybe? dunno

Comment

Working...
                                X