Habits before marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Habits before marriage

do you have any habits you would change before getting married?

married people; did you change anything you did before you got married?

mine is to stop going on dailymail

Re: Habits before marriage

Snoring
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

patience.

Comment

And deny her the complete package! are you crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by bintmydad View Post
          do you have any habits you would change before getting married?

married people; did you change anything you did before you got married?

mine is to stop going on dailymail
          erm... try to be less emotional, perhaps talk less (lol), and learn how to cook :D haha and how to wear makeup properly as I rarely wear it, but judging by those transformation youtube vids, it's a must know
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
            erm... try to be less emotional, perhaps talk less (lol), and learn how to cook :D haha and how to wear makeup properly as I rarely wear it, but judging by those transformation youtube vids, it's a must know
            Don't you think Less emotional and talking less isn't just changing habits, but yourself?

Comment

Smoking. I wasn't an addict or a regular smoker, but I did it on several occasion like, mostly when I was out with friends. She had told me she hated smoking, I understood so I told her I had promised not to smoke.
              Sleeping with lots of pillows, lol! Really, I used to have like 2 pillows under my head, one pillow on each side to hold tightly, and used to spread on the bed, lol. It was my room after all. I also had blankets so I can put my leg on them too, so it was kind of odd, sleeping with one pillow on one side and 1 under my head and like I am not crazy!!
              I used to fight a lot. I controlled them later, had little more patience.
              Got control on gymming.

Comment

Originally posted by happylover2 View Post
                Don't you think Less emotional and talking less isn't just changing habits, but yourself?
                I agree, and for that reason I don't think i'd be able to change either excessively, more like try to reduce them..... if I can, hard to control a lot, especially being emotional, because that's harder to help. But I think i'm incredibly emotional/sensitive and even now that's a habit I want to change because it can be annoying to myself lol. And with excessive talking there's lots of Hadiths on why that isn't such a good thing, guess I don't really talk excessively that much, but I do like talking. I guess it depends on who one marries, but then should marry for compatibility, so yeah..
                I would still be myself, talkative n emotional as that's part of me n I cant help them to an extent, and their not bad traits, but depending who I marry I would try to hone them down, if they minded, as marriage is a partnership n involves compromise everyone says. But still be me, personality wise, goes without saying. lol.
                ha sorry I did an essay on this.
                Last edited by Creamcake; 05-10-15, 06:13 PM.
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Comment

smoking etc

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                    I agree, and for that reason I don't think i'd be able to change either excessively, more like try to reduce them..... if I can, hard to control a lot, especially being emotional, because that's harder to help. But I think i'm incredibly emotional/sensitive and even now that's a habit I want to change because it can be annoying to myself lol. And with excessive talking there's lots of Hadiths on why that isn't such a good thing, guess I don't really talk excessively that much, but I do like talking. I guess it depends on who one marries, but then should marry for compatibility, so yeah..
                    I would still be myself, talkative n emotional as that's part of me n I cant help them to an extent, and their not bad traits, but depending who I marry I would try to hone them down, if they minded, as marriage is a partnership n involves compromise everyone says. But still be me, personality wise, goes without saying. lol.
                    ha sorry I did an essay on this.
                    lol, yeah compromise has to happen, but I'd say control it in the beginning of marriage, but not always!!!! Just changing how much you talk can change one a lot, I think really. My wife talks all the time with me. Hell, she talks less and I might get worried, lol. In Sha Allah you'll get a loving husband... who wouldn't ever have a problem with talking too much or getting emotional, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by happylover2 View Post
                      lol, yeah compromise has to happen, but I'd say control it in the beginning of marriage, but not always!!!! Just changing how much you talk can change one a lot, I think really. My wife talks all the time with me. Hell, she talks less and I might get worried, lol. In Sha Allah you'll get a loving husband... who wouldn't ever have a problem with talking too much or getting emotional, lol.
                      Yeah you're right, it does and definitely I agree, lol i'd probably be quiet at the beginning anyway, only talkative when I know ppl well, otherwise the opposite, and it will be almost a complete stranger. And yeah because then get to know each other at the beginning too. you're right lol, haha I know what you mean though, when i'm quiet everyone thinks summats up. even when i'm having a reflective moment lool. That's really good Masha ' Allah, makes communication easier and becoming closer to the person too. And I agree, everyone should be themselves because who else can peeps be, its our personalities that make us individual n who we are anyway. Insha ' Allah, jazakhallahu khairan brother and Ameen. And may Allah S.W.T always bestow eternal blessing and happiness within your marriage.

Comment

[MENTION=88623]ibzy[/MENTION]

who snores voluntarily...
                        Last edited by bintmydad; 05-10-15, 07:12 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=86993]Bismil[/MENTION]

me too, although it's not something you can just acquire.

takes a lifetime!
                          Last edited by bintmydad; 05-10-15, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                            And deny her the complete package! are you crazy?
                            Lol I'm sure you managed to change a lot about yourself mr zi-zizou

oh... except that humour of yours that's still pending right? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Musicisme656 View Post
                              smoking etc
                              that's a hard one

what's the etc bit?

Comment

Working...
                              X