Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a strong man and where do you find them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a strong man and where do you find them?

What makes a man strong?

I know what doesn't, but what does? For instance if you see a man whose family have issues with you and he doesn't wanna displease them so he tries hard to fight for u etc, I see that as weak.

But what makes a man strong? No sarcastic comments like steroids please

Re: What is a strong man and where do you find them?

Maybe sisters can rather have a better and bigger answer, but I think A strong man is somebody around whom his family can feel safe, without being scared of him, thinks before taking any action, maintains relations, but not blindly follow anyone, and doesn't keep secrets from at least his wife, and secrets as in things after marriage, forget about the past.

Where you find them? There is a big city of them in the Bermuda triangle!!!!!! Sister, they can be found anywhere. A good religious man would mostly be like this, I think.
    Last edited by happylover2; 05-10-15, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Any one who keeps the deen on first priority, and doesn't think about what people will say but only cares about what pleases and displeases Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala, and makes his decisions according to that ONLY! This is a strong man!

Comment

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
        What makes a man strong?

I know what doesn't, but what does? For instance if you see a man whose family have issues with you and he doesn't wanna displease them so he tries hard to fight for u etc, I see that as weak.

Wait why is that weak? He fights for you, and he doesnt want to displease his family?

Comment

Strength in Islam, both for himself and those around him, so not afraid to tell his wife when she does something that is islamically not correct. because if you love someone you care about their Aakhirah too, not just pleasing them in the short term. Regarding the fighting for his wife and maintaining family relations as said in the op, that shows strength, because balancing that is not easy, and it would be simpler to give up on one in favour of the other, showing real strength in balancing both. find them everywhere I guess... someone strong in Islam, to speak his mind, not fear what others think when he speaks truthfully and justly. not someone who gets into fights and arguments, someone who is strong leads by example and action, draws others to him in this regard, strong in personality n characteristics, leads those around him to the deen. to the best of his ability. Doesn't give up on people, mentally strong too. internally strong, able to put certain feelings aside to be kind and just and lead the household to best of ability. i'll stop there otherwise i'll go on forever lol.

And after all that, I also have the question..... where do I buy one of those?! lol
          Last edited by Creamcake; 05-10-15, 07:50 PM.
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

I looked in the mirror and saw one. Sorry I can't say where else to find one.
            I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
              What makes a man strong?

his character first and foremost, i cannot stress enough how important it is for men to have strength of character and how important it is for women to raise such men

as to where you can find them..well, here..there..everywhere.. :)
              sigpic

Comment

Salaam

You find them at my house :badguy:
                The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
                  Salaam

You find them at my house :badguy:
                  Yes brother!
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Salaam

Reminds me of this ayah , when Safoora (i think thats the name of the wife of Musa AS) was talking to her dad.

One of the women said, "O my father, hire him. Indeed, the best one you can hire is the strong and the trustworthy." Chapter (28) sūrat l-qaṣaṣ (The Stories)

Regarding what makes a man strong, what is "strong". If you mean like thick skin i would say a man who has will power and experience in life. Not meant to be confused with a man from a broken home with issues. This is my opinion
                    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

a strong man for me is the one who have good character , good manners , open minded , knows how to treat/ deal with the woman and trying his best to be the best Muslim he can be .

so his money , his look , level of education , job , social statue ..etc wouldn't make him a strong man in my eyes if he lacks the above characteristics .

As for where do we find them ? I wish if they sell them on a particular place .. so we can go there and shop for a good one :) ..
                      How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me :crying2:

Comment

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
                        a strong man for me is the one who have good character , good manners , open minded , knows how to treat/ deal with the woman and trying his best to be the best Muslim he can be .

so his money , his look , level of education , job , social statue ..etc wouldn't make him a strong man in my eyes if he lacks the above characteristics .

As for where do we find them ? I wish if they sell them on a particular place .. so we can go there and shop for a good one :) ..
                        lol don't we all

Comment

Originally posted by bintmydad View Post
                          lol don't we all
                          look sweetie ... I'm telling ya .. that guy over there , yea the bearded one , right in the corner is mine .. , I 've already booked him online like 2 years ago and now i'm happy to say only 2 payments left before i can take him home lolz
                          Let's go upstairs find one for ya ^^
                          How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me :crying2:

Comment

What is a strong man and where do you find them?

Lol this is a funny thread
                            “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

If you dont even know what a strong man is why would you be interested in finding one?

Comment

Working...
                              X