• Show
Clear All

• Re: arranged marraige to backhomers

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
    me = ABCD
    her = 126% backhomer

:)
    Abcd? American "body" cleaning dude?
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
      Abcd? American "body" cleaning dude?
      American Born Confused Desi!
      لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
        American Born Confused Desi!
        O

I'm ANGLAISE born confused dude :')

Nice one though ha
        "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

It can work, depends what you value. I have seriously considered it but my destiny was elsewhere. I have friends who are married to back homers, some are happy while others had to adjust. most marriages are similar regardless of where you marry.

Do you value your independence at the risk of having to do more outdoor work, then go for back homer
          do you prefer minimal inlaw interaction but willing to make that long distance visit once in blue moon then go for back homer
          Do you want a girl/guy who will blend into your life instead of asking you to compromise between her pre-marriage live and yours, then go for backhomer.

Comment

Originally posted by In my Opinion View Post
            A cousin? Firstly, there's none left (Thank you Allah) and secondly... *shudders* at the mere thought. You would too, if you knew them.
            So you are Muslim?!?

Comment

hmm... notion of marrying someone local.

I never thought of that, intriguing.

Comment

If you have been backed in to a corner to marry someone, you are completely free to decline. It might cause problems in the family etc, but Islamically, both the boy and the girl have a choice, they are actually asked at Nikkah if they accept each other, although ideally if you do not want to marry someone it shouldn't get to the nikkah stage. Better to say no now rather than compromise with someone who isn't right for you. But do think about this carefully - if your family have suggested someone, it is most likely that they feel this person is right for you, so do not take the decision lightly.

Comment

Working...
                X