Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forced Marriage - Choice?

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    People come here and say all sorts of things.
    That's true and there's nothing wrong in that however, there are people who come here pretending to do "research" and start a thread with intention of tripping up Muslims into typing something 'reportable' and that worries me. I'd rather call it and be wrong and apologise rather than not say what my gut feels and then the site gets hacked and someone has a knock on their door. Abysswalker has a point too, Universities usually pay money for this kind of 'research' so it is a bit fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post
      That's true and there's nothing wrong in that however, there are people who come here pretending to do "research" and start a thread with intention of tripping up Muslims into typing something 'reportable' and that worries me. I'd rather call it and be wrong and apologise rather than not say what my gut feels and then the site gets hacked and someone has a knock on their door. Abysswalker has a point too, Universities usually pay money for this kind of 'research' so it is a bit fishy.
      If you are in doubt the best course of action is to remain silent.

What's the criteria for believing some and not others? We don't really know anyone here.

Comment

What's the criteria for believing some and not others? We don't really know anyone here.
        That's a false dichotomy. It's not just a question of believing or not believing.

Comment

That's a false dichotomy. It's not just a question of believing or not believing.
          I don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

I don't know what you are talking about.
            You're comparing apples with pears when they are different fruit but it doesn't matter. It's all good.

Comment

Forced Marriage - Choice?

It is a criminal offence in the UK now so be careful what you say folks.

Just a heads up.
              ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allah wa ma sha a fa’ala (Allah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytan.” (Narrated by Muslim).

Comment

Forced marriages aren't as much of a problem as you think. And it doesn't happen here. Why don't you research the cure for cancer or something?

Comment

You're comparing apples with pears when they are different fruit but it doesn't matter. It's all good.
                  I'm not at all. You don't know the OP yet you make an assumption to doubt his/her story but other times you will assume the story is true. All I was asking is how you or anyone decides what to believe and what not too. It's just guess work from what I can see.

Comment

I'm not at all. You don't know the OP yet you make an assumption to doubt his/her story but other times you will assume the story is true. All I was asking is how you or anyone decides what to believe and what not too. It's just guess work from what I can see.
                    Ok we're gona do this then...Remaining silent when you suspect (innocently looking for research data) a trap that might cause someone to get into serious trouble, like prison or investigation, is not an option (for me at least). So this is the first comparison....apples....a potentially dangerous situation.

You make a good point, we don't really know anyone here and it doesn't really matter if we do I guess, on some level. As long as people remain non threatening in their posts and don't look to ask questions of a nature that elicits information from someone that could incriminate them. So possibly, according to their posts and excluding idiot trolls, most here seem pretty benign.....pears

That's the criteria, I see if they are asking for info that might harm someone to give it.

Comment

So no one here has come across anyone who has experience of a forced marriage directly or indirectly? pull the other one.
                      well..have you?
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought this could be dodgy but kept my self quiet.. Now that it's okay to speak..

I think you're a
                        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                        Guide me on your path to your janna,
                        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                          I thought this could be dodgy but kept my self quiet.. Now that it's okay to speak..

I think you're a
                          because she's red-marked..?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
                            because she's red-marked..?
                            Because her intentions seem odd coming on a Muslim forum and wanting personal strories about peoples grief and struggles only to make Islam look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                              Because her intentions seem odd coming on a Muslim forum and wanting personal strories about peoples grief and struggles only to make Islam look bad.
                              ..but you don't know that for sure, do you..?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
                                ..but you don't know that for sure, do you..?
                                It's common sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X