X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marrying a widow

Why do people look down upon this?

Re: marrying a widow

i dunno akhie, it depends on the individual and circumstance and a whole load of other things............i personally wouldnt mind marrying a widow or a divorcee as long as theyre good muslims and have good character alhumdulillah thats enough for me

Comment

I would , you can give a person so much hope and you can revive a blessed sunnah also!

Comment

exactly akhie...........may Allah grant us understanding and protect us from ignorance Ameen

Comment

I don't know why ppl look down on it culturally, same here marrying a widow/divorcee is perfectly fine, aslong as they're a good muslim and a good person, that's all that matters
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

marrying a widow

I have seen men marrying divorced women and you can see their actually happiness. It's like taking an easy exam all over again.
            “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim_Akhi93 View Post
              Why do people look down upon this?
              I wonder too.
              As others have stated, as long as he/she matches you, then it shouldn't matter. Being a widow or a divorcee should not be something to be embarrassed or ashamed about, especially not being looked down on for being one. Life has all its moments of unexpectedness and things may not turn out the way you thought it would. Unfortunately, many don't think like this and think it's wrong. But also for many it is the matter of not being able to take responsibility of looking after someone else's child(ren).
              Besides, Khadijah (ra) was a divorcee when she married Prophet Muhammad :saw:
              "Let the days do as they please, and be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of the past, for the events of this world were not meant to last." - Imam Shafi'i

Comment

No one looks down upon widows.

Generally widows are not young , and thus chances of having children are less. That is why the family does not encourage getting married to widows.

Otherwise there is nothing to look down up widows.

Unfortunately , in the society , if a man has 5 affairs simultaneously its not consider bad , but if a person wants to have another wife , people make several hurtful comments. We should encourage those can marry and have second , third wives to consider widows.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                  No one looks down upon widows.

Generally widows are not young , and thus chances of having children are less. That is why the family does not encourage getting married to widows.

Otherwise there is nothing to look down up widows.

Unfortunately , in the society , if a man has 5 affairs simultaneously its not consider bad , but if a person wants to have another wife , people make several hurtful comments. We should encourage those can marry and have second , third wives to consider widows.
                  true (: widows are awesome alhamdulilah
                  #LongLiveWidows

Comment

Working...
                  X