Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I be sinning against my mum if I go ahead with the marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will I be sinning against my mum if I go ahead with the marriage?

She hasn't. She doesn't even want to meet the lady. Thanks so much for your advice. May Allah bless u

Comment

Originally posted by Zarzi View Post
      Assalamu alaikum.

My mum introduced me to a lady who happens to be her friends daughter and wanted us to get married. I accepted, first because i also liked liked the lady and secondly to please my mum. The lady later called me to tell me she was not interested in me and didn't want to marry me. I accepted and respected her decision.
      My mum went and brought another lady again who is another friends daughter. This time I explained to her that I did not like that girl and had also found someone who is from a respected and religious family.
      Now my mum says she will not support my marriage to any girl unless her friends daughter. My dad who lives far from us supports my mum even though he doesn't know the lady.
      I went and complained to my uncles and our family head who have all said my mum has no right in that regards and have done their investigation on the lady I found and have approved of her. The family head together with my uncles and aunties are all in support and want to start the process for our marriage.
      WILL I BE SINNING IN ISLAM IF I GO AHEAD AND MARRY THIS LADY I LOVE EVEN THOUGH MY MOTHER IA AGAINST IT?

Jazakullah hair.

Assalamu alaikum
      Wa 'alaykum salaam wa-rahmatullah wa-barakatuh brother.

Whatever you do, please do NOT marry a woman that you clearly do not want to marry! PLEASE!
      We've seen and heard enough horror stories, PLEASE, don't be one more person on that list. PLEASE, I'm literately begging you!

Do NOT fall for emotional blackmail no matter who it is! Be respectful and kind to your parents, but you'll be the one living with your wife and having children with her (in shaa Allah).

Think HARD please.

May Allah help you make the right decision.
      *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
      "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

Thank you so much brother for such an advice. I really genuinely appreciate it. In Sha Allah I will. Over the weekend i spoke with the elders in the family and they are working out to meet the parents of the lady that am interested in. So please remember me in prayers so it goes smoothly for me by Allahs grace.
        Thanks once again and may Allah (SWT) bless and guide you in all your endeavors. Aameen

Comment

Working...
        X