Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Digger

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

    Originally posted by Bismil View Post
    You are rich brother that is why you can make such comments.

    There are many who do almost anything to have those passports. It may mean nothing to you , but for them its not easy even to get tourist visa to those countries.
    Salaam

    Make dua for me that i become rich

    We know that there are many who would want a passport i am just pointing out that i am not one of them and there exists a percentage of people who do not want their passports.

    The only reason i brought up investments was because i am not sure if you are aware if this but if you hire American nationals to work in your company then you can get a greencard and a lot of people have invested in America who are not shopping for American passports .

    There are other passports that are better than the US/British like i said the UAE passport is better in nearly all ways. I forgot to mention that with a Saudi passport u can study anywhere you want in the world 100% on the government plus accommodation and guess what? If you are feeling lonely then you can bring over your wife or get married and you will be eligible to double the pocket money from the government. Same with Kuwait passport and Qatari. I am from Bahrain , maybe they give you some free chai but that's it nothing special here .


    You don't need to guilt trip me or bash Gulf Arabs (which you haven't done yet) , i am just stating some factual information and bringing another perspective .

    Masha Allah la quwata ila Billah
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

      Originally posted by myeverything View Post
      OP marry a girl from one of the Arab Gulf States so u don't have to worry about her being possibly a visa digger because they not allowed to have dual passport or double nationalities ( i should say ) and in almost all cases they never wanna drop their original passport for a foreigner one . so , they marrying foreigners but still keeping their origin nationality . I know lots of ppl born in usa . so , they have right to obtain the nationality but they never ask for it .
      Salaam

      This is practical advice come down to the GCC and find a sister here. It is possible and not all families are stuck up rich people like evryone thinks.

      @myeverything dual passports arent allowed you are right but people who have them dont reveal it to the government and they dont use it to travel initially; Example if i want to go to the US and i am GCC passport holder: Use Bahraini passport to travel to London Heathrow then switch to whatever passport to travel to the US , thats how its done.

      In Bahrain there is a new law , if you have dual passport and you commit political crimes on like a grand scale or some national security stuff then they drop your Bahraini passport and revoke your citizenship. It happened with some Shia Bahrainis who cause trouble then go hide in london and Iran .
      Last edited by Ibn Taleb; 18-09-15, 08:06 PM.
      The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

        yeah, they come with a big stamp on their forehead which reads: 'i'm a visa hunter, marry me puhleez!!'
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

          Originally posted by myeverything View Post
          OP marry a girl from one of the Arab Gulf States so u don't have to worry about her being possibly a visa digger because they not allowed to have dual passport or double nationalities ( i should say ) and in almost all cases they never wanna drop their original passport for a foreigner one . so , they marrying foreigners but still keeping their origin nationality . I know lots of ppl born in usa . so , they have right to obtain the nationality but they never ask for it .
          half of my emarati friends held dual nationalities cuz their mothers were foreign, often western, nationals so officially they're not supposed to have two passports but if you have the right contacts then things are different for you

          i've heard similar stories about saudis too
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

            Originally posted by Alhamduillah View Post
            Hi,

            I am an Arab-American male 22 years old.

            I am not sure what Allah has planned for me, who knows where my spouse will come from, but I am leaning towards marrying overseas for many reasons I do not wish to state on here, but I have

            pretty much made up my mind that I will either marry a girl from my home country, or from another Arabic speaking country, if Allah Wills it.

            I am leaning towards going back to my home country and getting married, however, one of the biggest fears I have is getting used for my American passport only to be left by the woman.

            I thought this could be solved by quickly having kids with the woman, forcing her to stay with you, is this true? Or would a VISA digger leave you whether or not she had kids with you?

            I also thought that a girl from overseas could never use me for a visa, because I am her only support and she would probably speak no English and rely very much on me, could not survive on her own etc.

            Am I correct or wrong on this matter?

            As I said, I have pretty much made up my mind that I will marry from back home most likely, but how can I spot the VISA diggers? What are some things I should know before going into this? Are there a lot of successful back home marriages?

            It would be really heartbreaking to marry a Muslimah from back home, have several children with me, only to have her leave me when she gets a green card, take my children, and make me pay child support (I pray Allah never allows this to happen to me)

            I am only posting this to "tie the camel" essentially and get helpful tips, experiences, warnings from people. I expect the best from Allah, my Lord, and I know he will be hearing everything when I pray Salat Al Istikhara to him prior to the marriage.
            Assalaamu Alaykum,

            Of-course some girl from 'back-home' is going to be using you for a visa, by that I mean why would she marry you? a stranger to her family and country and probably her culture if there is not something in it for her?
            i.e a better life in dunya terms at least in the west.

            Doesn't mean she won't grow to love you, or will run off as soon as gets her papers, but it does mean you offer something particular here which they want, which is why they accept to move half way across the world. people need to be less blind to this fact.

            Also, don't think these sisters are hopeless and naive, these days usually they are learning English at school, unless you are literally going to go to the villages to find a wife and even then they'll know more of the world than you make it sound.

            This is not necessarily a bad thing, but yes if things go wrong in the marriage, at the back of their minds they will know at least they've made it to the west.
            FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

            www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

              Originally posted by Alhamduillah View Post
              Hi,

              I am an Arab-American male 22 years old.

              I am not sure what Allah has planned for me, who knows where my spouse will come from, but I am leaning towards marrying overseas for many reasons I do not wish to state on here, but I have

              pretty much made up my mind that I will either marry a girl from my home country, or from another Arabic speaking country, if Allah Wills it.

              I am leaning towards going back to my home country and getting married, however, one of the biggest fears I have is getting used for my American passport only to be left by the woman.

              I thought this could be solved by quickly having kids with the woman, forcing her to stay with you, is this true? Or would a VISA digger leave you whether or not she had kids with you?

              I also thought that a girl from overseas could never use me for a visa, because I am her only support and she would probably speak no English and rely very much on me, could not survive on her own etc.

              Am I correct or wrong on this matter?

              As I said, I have pretty much made up my mind that I will marry from back home most likely, but how can I spot the VISA diggers? What are some things I should know before going into this? Are there a lot of successful back home marriages?

              It would be really heartbreaking to marry a Muslimah from back home, have several children with me, only to have her leave me when she gets a green card, take my children, and make me pay child support (I pray Allah never allows this to happen to me)

              I am only posting this to "tie the camel" essentially and get helpful tips, experiences, warnings from people. I expect the best from Allah, my Lord, and I know he will be hearing everything when I pray Salat Al Istikhara to him prior to the marriage.
              Asalaamu aleykum,

              Even if she is a 'visa hunter/digger', this may be something that makes you more attractive to her but is that any more shallow than liking a man more because he is rich, good-looking, funny etc.? Also, what if the American embassy take ages to process the paperwork - like, years - would you move back home to be with your wife?
              And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
              http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

                Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
                yeah, they come with a big stamp on their forehead which reads: 'i'm a visa hunter, marry me puhleez!!'
                this was rather rude of me but if you have set your sights on marrying from abroad then let go of some of your preconceived notions

                like someone above me said- marry from acquaintances, someone known to your family/relatives/friends, someone from a family who enjoys a good repute and by good i don't necessarily mean wealthy

                before you finalize things however, make sure you let her and/or the family know of your lifestyle in the west so that it doesn't come as a cultural shock/surprise to her when she moves in with you after marriage, marry someone who has an inkling of the secular world since you'll be taking her to that world, know her thoughts/opinions on certain topics if you can and know that she will go thru an adjustment period so she may have some major mood swings including homesickness and do not under any circumstances bring up the 'visa digger stuff' after marriage, even in jest

                do your bit and then ask Allah to bless you with what's better for your deen, dunya and akhirah
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

                  Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
                  Salaam

                  Make dua for me that i become rich

                  We know that there are many who would want a passport i am just pointing out that i am not one of them and there exists a percentage of people who do not want their passports.

                  The only reason i brought up investments was because i am not sure if you are aware if this but if you hire American nationals to work in your company then you can get a greencard and a lot of people have invested in America who are not shopping for American passports .

                  There are other passports that are better than the US/British like i said the UAE passport is better in nearly all ways. I forgot to mention that with a Saudi passport u can study anywhere you want in the world 100% on the government plus accommodation and guess what? If you are feeling lonely then you can bring over your wife or get married and you will be eligible to double the pocket money from the government. Same with Kuwait passport and Qatari. I am from Bahrain , maybe they give you some free chai but that's it nothing special here .


                  You don't need to guilt trip me or bash Gulf Arabs (which you haven't done yet) , i am just stating some factual information and bringing another perspective .

                  Masha Allah la quwata ila Billah
                  Do you think these nations you mentioned hand over there country passport to anyone who wants ?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

                    Originally posted by myeverything View Post
                    OP marry a girl from one of the Arab Gulf States so u don't have to worry about her being possibly a visa digger because they not allowed to have dual passport or double nationalities ( i should say ) and in almost all cases they never wanna drop their original passport for a foreigner one . so , they marrying foreigners but still keeping their origin nationality . I know lots of ppl born in usa . so , they have right to obtain the nationality but they never ask for it .
                    Right of residence gives enough rights , that is why many people opt not to go for citizenship .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

                      Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                      I dislike when people pass judgement only based on their own experience and not see it from another pov...:jkk: for informing us he is wealthy ...his post can be discarded ! I was impressed with it initially but now only if a poor person stepped forward and said they rejected the west I will be impressed..
                      Sister , not only a poor person , but an average person also.

                      Someone who can invest money outside , they have no issues of visa . People from countries like Pakistan , Bangladesh etc find it hard to get even tourist visas . If they are single , that makes the matter worse.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        My Life Started The Day I Was Stabbed || Emotional & Inspirational Story
                        http://youtu.be/OCFJ9zsWcqM

                        This is a story of a 22 years old brother , who got stabbed while he was going to the store to get food & after that day his whole life changed. It's a guarantee if you are soft hearted you will cry watching the brother talk about his life

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

                          Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                          Do you think these nations you mentioned hand over there country passport to anyone who wants ?

                          Salaam Brother

                          If you marry one of there citizens they do hand it over yes since that's what we are discussing. The nations i have mentioned and others that i have not are better options than an US or a UK passport or even a Swiss passport and they are all majority Muslim countries so that's a plus too .
                          The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

                            The OP is hilarious, sorry OP I can't help laughing aloud at the way you write

                            Why would you want to force a woman to live with you if she doesn't want?

                            See marriage is one of those things where most people take the biggest chance of their life

                            If you want to be absolutely safe, then have a prenuptial agreement done in US and NOT have children unless you are sure that she is not a gold digger. You would figure that out after living with her for a few years, seeing how caring and loving she is towards you

                            Anyway, it is better to marry someone that you already know to an extent or have people who you trust reliably know that she is a good girl

                            Going to a foreign country for a few days and marrying some random girl based on her looks is always fraught with risk. You can sometimes get lucky though!
                            Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

                              Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
                              Salaam Brother

                              If you marry one of there citizens they do hand it over yes since that's what we are discussing. The nations i have mentioned and others that i have not are better options than an US or a UK passport or even a Swiss passport and they are all majority Muslim countries so that's a plus too .
                              So marriage is a criteria to get passport after all.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

                                Almost all of you people need to learn how visas work. It is a Visa not Green card ( residency card) and it doesn't make you a citizen. It just allows you stay with your legal spouse. It is the same as student visas, you stay until your education is over and then you're deported( if you didn't get a GC). That visa will allow your wife to stay with you but if you get divorced, she would have to reapply and do alot of paper work to stay on her own. But if you have children, they automatically become US citizens which gives grounds for GC. So children wouldn't be the best thing if you are worried about that.

                                But you won't most likely bring her as a permanent resident, because spouse visas you gotta renew every year or so.
                                Last edited by .Singaporean; 19-09-15, 06:47 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X