Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Digger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Digger

Hi,

I am an Arab-American male 22 years old.

I am not sure what Allah has planned for me, who knows where my spouse will come from, but I am leaning towards marrying overseas for many reasons I do not wish to state on here, but I have

pretty much made up my mind that I will either marry a girl from my home country, or from another Arabic speaking country, if Allah Wills it.

I am leaning towards going back to my home country and getting married, however, one of the biggest fears I have is getting used for my American passport only to be left by the woman.

I thought this could be solved by quickly having kids with the woman, forcing her to stay with you, is this true? Or would a VISA digger leave you whether or not she had kids with you?

I also thought that a girl from overseas could never use me for a visa, because I am her only support and she would probably speak no English and rely very much on me, could not survive on her own etc.

Am I correct or wrong on this matter?

As I said, I have pretty much made up my mind that I will marry from back home most likely, but how can I spot the VISA diggers? What are some things I should know before going into this? Are there a lot of successful back home marriages?

It would be really heartbreaking to marry a Muslimah from back home, have several children with me, only to have her leave me when she gets a green card, take my children, and make me pay child support (I pray Allah never allows this to happen to me)

I am only posting this to "tie the camel" essentially and get helpful tips, experiences, warnings from people. I expect the best from Allah, my Lord, and I know he will be hearing everything when I pray Salat Al Istikhara to him prior to the marriage.
    Last edited by Alhamduillah; 18-09-15, 07:41 AM.

Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

Salam bro,

My husband is a Turk, who hates my country (America) and vowed he could never live there, but he still WANTS the passport because with that advantage he can travel basically anywhere without the visa hassle. You have to look at it from their perspective, just owning an american passport is like having a ferrari that flies. I couldn't name one person here who wouldn't pay an insane amount of money just to have it, even if they don't want to move there.

Anyway...

If you move back home. The only chance she can have at a visa is if you apply for it, there is no "automatic visa retrieval" because she married you. Applying and getting it is a hassle and a long process. So lets say you are Egyptian (sorry don't know which home country) and you live in Egypt together, she will have absolutely 0 American paperwork unless you start the process. My husband and I are recently married, and he won't have any American papers/visa/anything unless I start the process for it. It's entirely optional.

If you plan to stay in the US, she obviously has to have American papers. It takes years, but she would have mostly the same rights you do and after 10ish years she will have all rights you do. There's no way to avoid that, and that's a scenerio you would run into. Yes she could survive on her own here, you know that...anywhere from staying with friends, to refugee centers if she wanted to run away there's nothing you could do about it if she is in the US.

Another point you have to consider is the woman, you can't just "have kids quickly" she has to agree to it. You can't spot a VISA digger, most of the world are VISA diggers infact you should assume that, that's part of their agenda since this is the advantage they can get from you. Yet if you are looking for the type of woman who REALLY wants that US citizenship, she probably will be the less religious type, and probably won't stop talking about your citizenship.
    You own a passport most of the world wants for it's benefits...just like the red ferrari, who wouldn't want to co-own that with you. You can't blame them, I'd be exactly the same in the reverse situation.

Comment

Re: Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Dig

Is it possible to fulfil the role of husband/wife and be a visa digger?

Comment

This is how I always thought of potentials back home:

Every potential back home is a potential visa digger. So I always stayed away from men back home even though they are good looking, charming and all that.

If you feel like you need a wife from back home then all I can say May Allah be with you. Tawaqal 3ala Allah. Good luck!!!
        My heart will go on

Comment

Revert females from Non-Muslim countries don't marry Pakistanis because they know they (i.e. the Pakistani males) are only doing it for the Visa and I (being a Pakistani) wouldn't ever marry a Revert from another country because I wouldn't ever migrate to a Non-Muslim country. This is hilarious. :D
          Watch those eyes

Comment

Salam,

Sorry to say but it does kind of depend what Arab country we're talking about... Again sorry to say but Egyptians have a notorious reputation for being passport hunters and "hit and run" types, and Jordanians don't have a much better reputation either from all I've heard. Not to say all are like that; I know one revert girl very happily married to a Jordanian in the U.S. and has been for a few years.

Do your family know families in your home country with daughters around your age? I'd suggest you go with somebody known to you for a start. Also make enquiries about the family. There's no way really to tell if a person is a visa hunter in all honesty. They can seem so sweet and disinterested, yet when they get their passport, off they go. It happened to a woman I know, but by the time he got his passport, she was 1 month from giving birth...

The only way you're going to find an overseas wife who really, really isn't a visa hunter is the one who doesn't want to leave and wants you to move there...

Comment

I know someone who had two kids with the guy and still left him.. It's a good choice make dua to Allah swt that she doesn't marry you for only passport some women become so corrupted when they move to the west.. So the women already here practicing must be pious but they won't do half the things the overseas women might do such as cooking...

Comment

Is it dangerous to marry overseas? How to spot a VISA Digger? Spotting a VISA Digger

Salaams brother
                There might be signs but no real way to tell,because so many cases where ppl acr like opposite personalities before marriage. Make Du'aa and Istikhaara. And if you pick someone perhaps family friends....potentially more reliable. Insha ' Allah it works out brother. This is one of the reasons I will not marry from back home, but then again I have other reasons too..
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Marrying someone for passport is not wrong , everyone wants to move to a better country.

The wrong is when you intend to leave that person after getting residence.

Comment

No one can be sure really... It's a difficult one but it's important to put all your trust in Allah swt and make loads of duaa inshAllah
                    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                    Guide me on your path to your janna,
                    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

You have to just be smart and do your research when making your decision. Does she like living a good halal lifestyle, you can tell a lot from her family, do istikhara, many families jsut blurt out that we need this much gold, we need a house etc while some are just happy to marry a good man...I think you need to not be flashy when meeting her, have a simple phone and clothes and say you live a basic lifestyle..if you give the impression that you are not some wealthy American then she cannot complain afterwards...I am desperate to go live in a Muslim country so it does surprise me when people chase the west....not everyone is a visa digger, some just maybe want to not rely on their parents anymore and maybe knowing a financially stable man can do that for them is appealing..I wish you the best with your search..
                      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Salaam

Sorry to be crude but if i was given an American passport i would flush it down the toilet same goes with British . I have investments in Texas US and Cambridgeshire UK alhamdulillah, i am just stating that so you know i am serious and not some 12 year old harboring unnecessary hate. I am not from the UAE but with a UAE passport you have even more destinations that require no visa and their embassies in foreign countries are a lot more helpful than both the US and British consulates.

And for the OP i ask Allah that you wont get deceived by some greencard digger. Maybe a way to deter such an occurrence would be to visit the sister in her home country first.

Thats just my two dinars
                        Last edited by Ibn Taleb; 18-09-15, 06:42 PM.
                        The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
                          Salaam

Sorry to be crude but if i was given an American passport i would flush it down the toilet same goes with British . I have investments in Texas US and Cambridgeshire UK alhamdulillah, i am just stating that so you know i am serious and not some 12 year old harboring unnecessary hate. I am not from the UAE but with a UAE passport you have even more destinations that require no visa and their embassies in foreign countries are a lot more helpful than both the US and British consulates.

And for the OP i ask Allah that you wont get deceived by some greencard digger. Maybe a way to deter such an occurrence would be to visit the sister in her home country first.

Thats just my two dinars
                          You are rich brother that is why you can make such comments.

There are many who do almost anything to have those passports. It may mean nothing to you , but for them its not easy even to get tourist visa to those countries.

Comment

OP marry a girl from one of the Arab Gulf States so u don't have to worry about her being possibly a visa digger because they not allowed to have dual passport or double nationalities ( i should say ) and in almost all cases they never wanna drop their original passport for a foreigner one . so , they marrying foreigners but still keeping their origin nationality . I know lots of ppl born in usa . so , they have right to obtain the nationality but they never ask for it .
                            How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me :crying2:

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                              You are rich brother that is why you can make such comments.

There are many who do almost anything to have those passports. It may mean nothing to you , but for them its not easy even to get tourist visa to those countries.
                              I dislike when people pass judgement only based on their own experience and not see it from another pov...:jkk: for informing us he is wealthy ...his post can be discarded ! I was impressed with it initially but now only if a poor person stepped forward and said they rejected the west I will be impressed..
                              Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Working...
                              X