Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a husband have the right over his wife to make her have a baby?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does a husband have the right over his wife to make her have a baby?

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
    Yes he can and its his right to.. speak to him before marriage about your lack of interest in children and see what happens next.
    Originally posted by Mohamed Mifxal View Post
    neither of the spouses have the right to deny a child if one want them. same goes for the sexs. Denying any of them is a legitimate reason to call for a divorce.
    As a fellow singleton, please don't say things like this when marriage is a big deal.

Yes, technically the husband has a right to have children, but if he forces his wife to have them will she love him and will the marriage last long because he didn't consult her on the matter? In a standard business contract, both sides need to be happy in order for it to work. If one side forces the others hand then the partnership will break down and the contract will break. Forcing anyone to do anything is a recipe for disaster, regardless of whether you're in the right or not. The couple should talk to each other and figure out a solution that works best for them. Whether they wait or do this right away is besides the point, what matters more is that they're happy with their decision and continue being good to each other.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
      As a fellow singleton, please don't say things like this when marriage is a big deal.

Yes, technically the husband has a right to have children, but if he forces his wife to have them will she love him and will the marriage last long because he didn't consult her on the matter? In a standard business contract, both sides need to be happy in order for it to work. If one side forces the others hand then the partnership will break down and the contract will break. Forcing anyone to do anything is a recipe for disaster, regardless of whether you're in the right or not. The couple should talk to each other and figure out a solution that works best for them. Whether they wait or do this right away is besides the point, what matters more is that they're happy with their decision and continue being good to each other.
      Just cause I'm single it don't mean I don't have common sense.. Also I did say discuss it before marriage just so they can both understand what the other wants regarding children.
      I don't agree with force.. I meant yes he has the right to have children and she can not deprive him from that.. Communication is key here. They must discuss this before marriage.
      I love you, cherish you and worship you,
      Guide me on your path to your janna,
      Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Islam is fair. Both husband and the wife have right to try to have children. So any permissible forms of contraception are only allowed if husband and wife both agree. Therefore if anyone of them has a preference for not having children at some point then that needs to be understood before marriage.

Comment

Why was this bumped?
          Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 23-06-17, 05:18 PM.
          "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
          - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

What a weird thread....

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
              What a weird thread....
              I know... Don't judge me, it's like two years old. I was a feminist before Islam so these questions meant a lot to me.
              "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
                I know... Don't judge me, it's like two years old. I was a feminist before Islam so these questions meant a lot to me.
                Hmmm, Its a legit question ,I am thinking more on the lines of people discussing when to have kids before marriage during meetings etc....What nonsense is that.

Lol ,want to delay due to what not etc. If someone says that to me ,thats a straight rejection.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Asalamu Aleikum, somewhere on the forum I read that in some case a man was refusing his wife a child but I was wondering if a husband could force his wife to become pregnant. If it is the right of a wife to have a baby, is it considered a man's choice aswell although ultimately the woman will be carrying the baby for months upon months and she will be the once to force it out of her body? Thank you.
                  I don't think we need to be Alims to know that Islam does not allow force of any kind. Sure you can force your child to brush their teeth - but you can't force them to marry without their will, in the same way, your husband can't force himself on you or pressurise you to become pregnant.

If you still have time to have children, why is he in a hurry? Or is your time running out?

Comment

Originally posted by In my Opinion View Post
                    I don't think we need to be Alims to know that Islam does not allow force of any kind. Sure you can force your child to brush their teeth - but you can't force them to marry without their will, in the same way, your husband can't force himself on you or pressurise you to become pregnant.

If you still have time to have children, why is he in a hurry? Or is your time running out?
                    The question is two years old and hypothetical.

Comment

From your more recent post and now this, I thought you were a guy.

Allhamdulilalah you're no longer a "feminist" may Allah find you a righteous husband one who will protect you, teach you and provide you your rights.

Stay strong. I know how hard to it is to be a reverts sometimes. I saw them with my parents.
                      Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

Its not because of you. There are other women who have similar questions. And perhaps many feminist muslim women can get guidance. I would be interested in know in a thread how you changed your views and what arguments you have against feminism. To better counter that narrative.

I just wanted to clear this thing that women who find this ruling problematic should think about the opposite situation where a woman wants kids and the husband does not. Its more damaging for women. Because they have more desire to be mothers(atleast the traditional women), they have less fertility window in terms of age and they cant marry more. If the husband does not want kid with one wife, he may still have it with another.

So in short, a woman is in much more difficult situation if her husband does not want kids and she wants. And in that case, Islam will say that husband has to oblige with her demand. The issue of Azl(withdrawing before finishing) is known that its only allowed with consent of both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by savo234 View Post
                          Its not because of you. There are other women who have similar questions. And perhaps many feminist muslim women can get guidance. I would be interested in know in a thread how you changed your views and what arguments you have against feminism. To better counter that narrative.
                          Hmm... It's just that I feel the subject is odd to discuss and pretty embarassing.

Well, it's very simple so I guess I'll just explain it here. As Muslims, we have to belive in the Shariah of Allah and we must acknowledge that this is the perfect way of life. To believe anything is superior to the law of Allah is kufr. Islam and feminism are not compatible because feminism calls for equality and in reality, this is not suitable for anyone and there are plenty examples of this throughout family life in the west. The family is the backbone of society and if it is broken down, this leads to the destruction of society. You can go on and on about this, but I guess the best way to explain this is that since Islam means submission, you must submit to Allah and trust that He knows best.

Comment

I wonder though if a specific case was taken before a person of knowledge would he ever rule that the woman had the right to go on contraception against her husband's will? I hope they would sincerely take into a account that it is the woman who goes through the hardship of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and then assumes the lion's share of raising the child. After 4,5,6 children your body becomes weaker and mentally you become tired. It is very easy for outsider's to say "tawakul alaAllah, paradise lies at the feet of the mother etc " but it takes a lot out of you both physically and mentally to raise a family and I would hate to think that a man would not listen to his wife if she said she was struggling. I know a sister who has 7+ children under 10 years old, has a lot of problems with her husband who does not want to play a part in raising them, but according to him it is his right. It seems that every time she asks for a separation he insists on having another baby. I'm just waiting for her to crack really, Allahu musta'an.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
                              From your more recent post and now this, I thought you were a guy.

Allhamdulilalah you're no longer a "feminist" may Allah find you a righteous husband one who will protect you, teach you and provide you your rights.

Stay strong. I know how hard to it is to be a reverts sometimes. I saw them with my parents.
                              Ameen
                              ┳┻|
                              ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
                              ┳┻|⊂ノ
                              ┻┳|
                              :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Hmm... It's just that I feel the subject is odd to discuss and pretty embarassing.

Well, it's very simple so I guess I'll just explain it here. As Muslims, we have to belive in the Shariah of Allah and we must acknowledge that this is the perfect way of life. To believe anything is superior to the law of Allah is kufr. Islam and feminism are not compatible because feminism calls for equality and in reality, this is not suitable for anyone and there are plenty examples of this throughout family life in the west. The family is the backbone of society and if it is broken down, this leads to the destruction of society. You can go on and on about this, but I guess the best way to explain this is that since Islam means submission, you must submit to Allah and trust that He knows best.
                                Thats a good way to believe. Just to add, submission without rationality is good. Submission with rationality is better. I meant this feminism in general not this particular topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X