Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a husband have the right over his wife to make her have a baby?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does a husband have the right over his wife to make her have a baby?

Yes he can and its his right to.. speak to him before marriage about your lack of interest in children and see what happens next.
    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
    Guide me on your path to your janna,
    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

neither of the spouses have the right to deny a child if one want them. same goes for the sexs. Denying any of them is a legitimate reason to call for a divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by aidaalej View Post
        Asalamu Aleikum, somewhere on the forum I read that in some case a man was refusing his wife a child but I was wondering if a husband could force his wife to become pregnant. If it is the right of a wife to have a baby, is it considered a man's choice aswell although ultimately the woman will be carrying the baby for months upon months and she will be the once to force it out of her body? Thank you.
        I see a trend amongst Muslim men on Ummah looking for evidence to be able to "force" their wives to do things. Whether it's forcing her to have sex, a baby or forcing her mouth shut.

Why did you not discuss this before the marriage?

Instead of forcing her to have a child she does not want - divorce her. Behave like an adult you man child.

Comment

Your marriage won't last.

Comment

Rather than looking at this as 'forcing someone to have a baby' instead look at it as denying someone else's right to have a child, which is the way the Shariah looks at it.

When we enter into marriage, there are set purposes to meet our respective human needs, and you shouldn't be denying your partner his or her rights without extremely good cause.
            FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by .Singaporean View Post
              Your marriage won't last.
              Well I am not even married, the question is hypothetical.
              "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
              - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

then if this is such an important issue to you then you need to be upfront when discussing marriage with brothers. Some are happy waiting a couple of years, even a few years, others prefer to start a family sooner.
                FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by In my Opinion View Post
                  I see a trend amongst Muslim men on Ummah looking for evidence to be able to "force" their wives to do things. Whether it's forcing her to have sex, a baby or forcing her mouth shut.

Why did you not discuss this before the marriage?

Instead of forcing her to have a child she does not want - divorce her. Behave like an adult you man child.
                  Op is a sister... You confused?
                  I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                  Guide me on your path to your janna,
                  Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                    Yes he can and its his right to.. speak to him before marriage about your lack of interest in children and see what happens next.
                    just curious, are you married? [you can ignore the Q if you want to]
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                      then if this is such an important issue to you then you need to be upfront when discussing marriage with brothers. Some are happy waiting a couple of years, even a few years, others prefer to start a family sooner.

I don't even plan on getting married withing the next five or six years, I was just curious to hear others views on the subject.
                      Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 04-12-17, 03:36 AM.
                      "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
                      - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Let me rephrase that:

A marriage in which a spouse forces another spouse to do something against their will, well not last for long.

Comment

Originally posted by .Singaporean View Post
                          Let me rephrase that:

A marriage in which a spouse forces another spouse to do something against their will, well not last for long.
                          actually in societies where the woman doesn't know any better [her islamic rights and stuff], she's more likely to put/shut up with her relationship so as not to get ostracized or worse..
                          sigpic

Comment

Depends what they agreed before they got married.

If a husband agreed on only one child because that is the agreement they reached before marriage, then he has to stick with his word.

You are essentially asking another question entirely with your OP. One which can only be achieved by physical strength. Unless you want to change the word to 'persuade'?

Comment

But what do you have to back up you claim?
                              a wife is obliged to obey her husband, plus both spouses have a right to a child, neither can deny each other a child, so the obligation to obey is even bigger. a husband is not allowed to practices 'azl without her wife's permission, for instance.
                              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

A woman can't go on contraception unless the following two conditions are met(at the same time):
                                -it must be harmful to the wife's health to get pregnant
                                -her husband must give her permission to use contraception, because it is his right to have children
                                (And I don't agree that it needs to be discussed beforehand, because if you are saying you don't want children....buh-bye*waves*)

Soooo....
                                Family planning and contraception shouldn't be dealt with lightly as so many people do nowadays...besides, what's the hang up with not wanting kids?
                                Allah said they are a ziina, an adornment and beautification of this worldly life....

My two pence...

Comment

Working...
                                X