Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a bad idea to marry my sisters husbands brother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace.Train
    replied
    Re: Is it a bad idea to marry my sisters husbands brother?

It's not a bad idea, unless your sister has good reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Ikki
    replied

Originally posted by Winter View Post
    tbf, I do understand were your sister is coming from there. Perhaps she knows something about their family you may not know, just speak to her and find what she exactly fears.

That's what I was thinking. She knows the family, and she would know about issues that would arise. Perhaps the two brothers are very competitive, and that would put the wives into competition also. Only she would know, perhaps she can explain further.

Leave a comment:

• Winter
    replied

tbf, I do understand were your sister is coming from there. Perhaps she knows something about their family you may not know, just speak to her and find what she exactly fears.

Leave a comment:

• umm salabil
    replied

No it is an awesome idea. Even if you have arguments with your sister, why would it affect your marriages? Just don't bring the husbands into the fights. And don't complain about each other to your husbands.

Leave a comment:

• ugabs
    replied

Sometimes, and I know of an example on this, it actually unites the two couples. Like even if there is a fallout in the family, these 4 will stick together

So it could go either way like any other marriage. Do Istikhara insha Allah

Leave a comment:

• brothernd
    replied

Originally posted by Puddycat View Post
    Assalamu alaykum,

I'm twenty years of age and my mum keeps discussing marriage to me everyday, they have my sisters husbands brother in mind, hes a nice guy, but my sister fears there will be feuds between me and her if i do tie the knot with him. What should i do im not interested unless he is we do have things in common though. And my family and his family want it but does he want it. Anyway i just want to know if its a bad idea if i do marry him:embar:
    Uhh, no, I don't see why this would be a bad idea. I've seen an amazing relationship like this, and its actually great for the sisters. Idk about the brothers side, but from several years, I never heard anything bad from the men.

Leave a comment:

• Jazmine*
    replied

Assalamu alaykum,

I'm twenty years of age and my mum keeps discussing marriage to me everyday, they have my sisters husbands brother in mind, hes a nice guy, but my sister fears there will be feuds between me and her if i do tie the knot with him. What should i do im not interested unless he is we do have things in common though. And my family and his family want it but does he want it. Anyway i just want to know if its a bad idea if i do marry him:embar:
    How is your relationship with your sister- do you guys fight often? Also how is the relationship between your brother in law and his brother- do they argue often? If its yes to either of these than it might be something to worry about if you did marry the brother. If not than iA I think it would be cute and a nice way to ensure you and your sis will stay close iA.

Leave a comment:

• Puddycat
    replied

I know this already hes practising, hes from a good family, he has good manners

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

we havent spoken yet but my family tells me we have stuff in common ill only talk to him if theres a mahrum in the room and he has the intension of asking for my hand jazak Allah khair i appreicate your feedback :)
    It's not just things in common you need to be looking at but also some fundamentals like his character, deen etc and whether you think he will make a good husband for you.

We can all have things in common with people, it does not mean they make suitable husband or wife.

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• Puddycat
    replied

we havent spoken yet but my family tells me we have stuff in common ill only talk to him if theres a mahrum in the room and he has the intension of asking for my hand jazak Allah khair i appreicate your feedback :)

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Assalamu alaykum,

First you need to find out if you are really interested in him and him in you. If first step fails then no need thinking any further. But as an idea I don't see anything wrong with it.

Leave a comment:

• Puddycat
    replied

shes just scared about general fueds sisters have or family fueds that may occur in the future will tarnish our relationship

Leave a comment:

• Puddycat
    replied

Dont jump to conclusions re read my post no where in my post did i say we have spoken i just stated hes a nice guy and thats what ive heard. Its Ramadan watch your tongue sister

Leave a comment:

• Sky Lark
    replied

Edited.
    Last edited by Sky Lark; 22-06-15, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Plumeria
    replied

What kind of feuds does your sister mean will be between you and her?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X