Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are brothers so patient when their wives are expecting?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are brothers so patient when their wives are expecting?

:salams

Sisters are patient for bearing a child for nine months, :masha:. But how do brothers handle the whines, painful cries, mood swings, body changes that may make them seem less attractive, sudden and random food cravings of their wives? How do brothers stay calm and patient during this period? What stops them from leaving their wives? It's amazing to see their level of patience.
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Re: How are brothers so patient when their wives are expecting?

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post

Sisters are patient for bearing a child for nine months, :masha:. But how do brothers handle the whines, painful cries, mood swings, body changes that may make them seem less attractive, sudden and random food cravings of their wives? How do brothers stay calm and patient during this period? What stops them from leaving their wives? It's amazing to see their level of patience.
    We love our wives and live with them honourably, it's not that hard to understand, surely.

Oh and having selective hearing also helps.

Comment

'What stops them from leaving their wives' sounds a bit over the top. It is their child after all, that she is nurturing in her body. Not a one way street.
      Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Well, they are the reason she has the child in her womb to begin with :scratch:

Comment

Sounds horrible

Comment

'Manflu'.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumeria View Post
              'What stops them from leaving their wives' sounds a bit over the top. It is their child after all, that she is nurturing in her body. Not a one way street.
              I know right. Authibillah. This thread :/
              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Sister, you gotta have a little bit more hope in mankind lol...men don't just pack up and leave especially at a time when their wives need them the most.

Infact, when things are happy happy and going well it's easy to stick around and be positive but a persons true personality is shown in times of trials and tribulations of which a marriage comes with many....or so i believe.

No expectations no dissapointments yes, but you should expect a little bit more from a husband ukthi!
                God has created Angels with reason but having no desires; animals with desires but no reason and man with both reason and desires. Therefore, if one’s reason is stronger than his desires, he is like an Angel,
                while if his desires are stronger than his reason, he is like an animal.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ

Comment

Pregnancy affects men too. I hear they have food cravings and put on weight. What other symptoms do they have?

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
                    Pregnancy affects men too. I hear they have food cravings and put on weight. What other symptoms do they have?
                    Right

Not sure..
                    Through fire and water… From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth… Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side… Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time… The stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the earth… But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done.

http://media.giphy.com/media/125pZ6JB0FVrxe/giphy.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Thedon! View Post
                      Right

Not sure..
                      Lool
                      O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Not a brother here, but a father of 4....maybe I was lucky here but my wife didn't turn into a different person when she was pregnant. Mood swings and food cravings sure but I have those too!

I watched all my kids being born, and I am just glad I wasn't the one who had to go through that....we men get off real easy when it comes to childbirth. Once you see that, your perspective changes.

Comment

of course its hard but its all worth it in the end Alhamdulillah

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
                          i think the word you're looking for is 'stress' lool

Comment

I dont think most men think pregnancy in itself makes their wives less beautiful alhamdulah.
                            Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                            Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Wa 'alaykum salaam wa-rahmatullah wa-barakatuh.

Ermm, this is a very unusual and loaded question. It shouldn't even be a question because the wife clearly didn't get pregnant alone, and both husband and wife are each other's companion. They go through the ups and downs together. As for childbearing, the woman is the one taking all the pains and most of the discomfort. The husband supports her and may experience some stress and discomfort along the way and with his wife. That should be the norm anyway. When that's not the case, then there's clearly a problem. So in all honestly, this question doesn't make sense to me.
                              *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
                              "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

Working...
                              X