Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeardman
    replied
    Re: Somali women either Madkhali/extreme Salafi or Salafi Jihadi or Nationalists

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
    No the Somali families are fine there are no problem with them, but I am specifically talking about the youth brother. I know ahki you are older so the situation is much much different with the older generation. The age range I am talking about is mostly early twenties and below. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the Somalis here are older perhaps in their 30s or so that's why they have a much different experience
    not really bro, I'm heavily involved in Dawah work, which involves a lot of speaking to the youth.

Leave a comment:

• Mirror4eachotha
    replied
    Re: Somali women either Madkhali/extreme Salafi or Salafi Jihadi or Nationalists

Wacaleykum Salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu, as a somali, who is in her early twenties, i agree with the OP to some extent. Majority of the somali youth are very extreme in their ideology, either they support jihad 100%, or they make takfiir on people, claiming they are on the red carpet to Jannah. I use the word majority, meaning not all as i am a somali youth myself who grew up in the west but do not hold that ideology and i also have friends who don't either. This is a big problem in the somali community and i love my people and all and wouldn't trade them for anything else but we tend to attack and not be critical in our thinking especially when some idea is coming from the opposite gender, LIKE oh my it is the end of the world, and we start pointing fingers at somali men and they start pointing at us somali women, and vise versa. I make dua'a for our somali people and the whole ummah of the Prophet scw.

on a side note,

if you are a youth in the somali community, it takes sometimes one or two conversations for someone to slip up and literally defend one extreme ideology, IT IS SO SCARY!

Wallahu tacala aclam!

Leave a comment:

• Guled
    replied

:salams:

Waa wareey werarka meesha ka socda waa maxay ? i don't mind the publicity that we are getting lately at UF laakin maxaa ni diday inaad ka warantiin arimaha wanaagsan ku saabsan bulshada soomaliyeed ? You know we have our own place where we can talk about such issues.

wanaag on xumaan off now come on everyone
    wanaag on xumaan off
    wanaag on xumaan off

............Dhamaad.....................

Leave a comment:

• Zaitoonah
    replied

I am curious, how does myself wanting to marry for specific reasons related to this thread?

Whats wrong with the fact that I don't find myself wanting to marry for reasons such having a companion which sticks by you etc? Should I force myself to feel like this or what? Whats wrong with the fact that I would rather marry because the prophet salalahu alayhi wasalam recommended it, the fact that I want to have children so that they can intercede for me on the day of judgment, so that the prophet can be pleased with the number of the ummah and so I can please my desires and not fall into the major sin of zina

Whats wrong with that? Why does it that I have to follow the same idea of marriage to fall in love and love each other like a women? Maybe I don't find myself wanting to marry for that reasons. So what?

Its so sad how the prophet saw used to treat the munafiqeen better than how Muslims treat each other now.

I was replying to that poster, that's how,

If you're talking about love before marriage, I agree with you, because I'm not a big believer in that either. However, when two people marry Allah SWT puts rahmah and love between them. How can you not love the mother of your children? I cannot understand that. .

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied

Originally posted by patient believer View Post
    Every single somali i know are shafi. So stop generalising please. To be honest I don't even know what you mentioned.

There is a lot of hate against somali women lately by somali men themselves. Sad times
    i think i count five generalities in your statement

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

peras1

Are you just disappointed in Somali women these days?

You must be extra bitter about the IS thing.

Leave a comment:

• patient believer
    replied

Every single somali i know are shafi. So stop generalising please. To be honest I don't even know what you mentioned.

There is a lot of hate against somali women lately by somali men themselves. Sad times

Leave a comment:

• peras1
    replied

Originally posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    That's all very well and all, but he sees having a wife as too much hassle and a waste of time,,,but yet he wants children. The mind boggles.
    I am curious, how does myself wanting to marry for specific reasons related to this thread?

Whats wrong with the fact that I don't find myself wanting to marry for reasons such having a companion which sticks by you etc? Should I force myself to feel like this or what? Whats wrong with the fact that I would rather marry because the prophet salalahu alayhi wasalam recommended it, the fact that I want to have children so that they can intercede for me on the day of judgment, so that the prophet can be pleased with the number of the ummah and so I can please my desires and not fall into the major sin of zina

Whats wrong with that? Why does it that I have to follow the same idea of marriage to fall in love and love each other like a women? Maybe I don't find myself wanting to marry for that reasons. So what?

Its so sad how the prophet saw used to treat the munafiqeen better than how Muslims treat each other now.
    Last edited by peras1; 09-06-15, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zaitoonah
    replied

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    I have a great idea, probably never thought of before, it just came to me and i will share it with you

if you have definitively come to the conclusion that all somali sisters fit into these three categories, and you do not like anyone that fits into these three categories..............then...................... ......

DONT MARRY A SOMALI SISTER

surprised no one has said this to you before
    That's all very well and all, but he sees having a wife as too much hassle and a waste of time,,,but yet he wants children. The mind boggles.

Leave a comment:

• I See You
    replied

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    So it's 90% of Indonesian women and 80% of Somali women...
    And it seems like the Bangladeshi women and Pakistani women are doing pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• peras1
    replied

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    maybe the somali community you happen to live in is just in a particularly big mess?

Here in Leicester, of the somali families I know, almost all are just middle of the road salafis, neither supers or salafi jihadis. Same seemed to be true of those I knew in Sheffield before I moved from there a few years ago. A few supers, a few jihadi types but most middle of the road salafis.
    No the Somali families are fine there are no problem with them, but I am specifically talking about the youth brother. I know ahki you are older so the situation is much much different with the older generation. The age range I am talking about is mostly early twenties and below. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the Somalis here are older perhaps in their 30s or so that's why they have a much different experience
    Last edited by peras1; 09-06-15, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• menk
    replied

I am accused on this thread as being a brother who follow sisters. I had around 30 followers on twitter and I followed around 50 and I am not sad enough to follow sisters on twitter. It was just to check the news every now and then as I don't watch the TV. If you are Somali go and ask your parents how many Somali girls are running away to Syria I don't need internet to prove my point.
    I am a Somali man, I have Somali sisters I have a Somali mother who knows even more Somalis I have Somali friends who have sisters Somali brothers looking for sisters for marriage, its an issue and you can deny it whether you want to or not it wont change the facts the Somalis are in both of these extremes, either they embrace this Kharij ideology or they are Madkhalis

We are not like other communities who are very isolated we know almost everybody whether they are from South or East London you will know each other in Somali and we are very tight community. When I went to an arab country from the other side of the parent where I am, he knew my grandfather due to his tribe and my lineage so it shows how Somalis know each other very well I don't even think he was from my tribe To say things like "do you know all Somalis" is just avoiding the problem directly
    Many parents from different ethnicities are saying the same exact thing, so why are you ruling them out?. The fact that your hearing only Somali women running away to Syria is because your part of that community. The fact is brother this is a problem that is affecting the whole ummah, its a not problem that's only affecting the Somali community.

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied

I am accused on this thread as being a brother who follow sisters. I had around 30 followers on twitter and I followed around 50 and I am not sad enough to follow sisters on twitter. It was just to check the news every now and then as I don't watch the TV. If you are Somali go and ask your parents how many Somali girls are running away to Syria I don't need internet to prove my point.

I am a Somali man, I have Somali sisters I have a Somali mother who knows even more Somalis I have Somali friends who have sisters Somali brothers looking for sisters for marriage, its an issue and you can deny it whether you want to or not it wont change the facts the Somalis are in both of these extremes, either they embrace this Kharij ideology or they are Madkhalis

We are not like other communities who are very isolated we know almost everybody whether they are from South or East London you will know each other in Somali and we are very tight community. When I went to an arab country from the other side of the parent where I am, he knew my grandfather due to his tribe and my lineage so it shows how Somalis know each other very well I don't even think he was from my tribe To say things like "do you know all Somalis" is just avoiding the problem directly
    I have a great idea, probably never thought of before, it just came to me and i will share it with you

if you have definitively come to the conclusion that all somali sisters fit into these three categories, and you do not like anyone that fits into these three categories..............then...................... ......

DONT MARRY A SOMALI SISTER

surprised no one has said this to you before

Leave a comment:

• Zaitoonah
    replied

I really don't see your point there. Just because you're Somali and was raised in a Somali household doesn't mean that you're correct. Majority of the posters in this thread who are also Somali and were raised in a Somali household disagree with you and don't share your experiences.

Muslim communities in general are very tight knit so it isn't something unique to our community. The importance of kinship relations in Islam plays a key role in this.

Don't throw a tantrum because people disagree with your grossly generalized statements about Somali women. If this issue is related to finding a suitable spouse for yourself, it might be best to consult your parents and take their counsel.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeardman
    replied

maybe the somali community you happen to live in is just in a particularly big mess?

Here in Leicester, of the somali families I know, almost all are just middle of the road salafis, neither supers or salafi jihadis. Same seemed to be true of those I knew in Sheffield before I moved from there a few years ago. A few supers, a few jihadi types but most middle of the road salafis.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X