No announcement yet.

Somali women either Madkhali/extreme Salafi or Salafi Jihadi or Nationalists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Somali women either Madkhali/extreme Salafi or Salafi Jihadi or Nationalists

Somali women are off the manhaj.

/thread

Comment

Re: Somali women either Madkhali/extreme Salafi or Salafi Jihadi or Nationalists

Has anyone been to dar as sunnah masjid, a massive Madkhali masjid in London.

how many Somalis are there ? The talks and lectures there are even in Somali I read.

Comment

This logic behind the net is becoming a fitna, when they see a person act like this, they automically paint the "whole" group like her/him and people can easily fall for this trap.
        Last edited by Saho; 09-06-15, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saho View Post
          If you're so paranoid about the next generation then go for the ones in your country or those who live in surrounding countries etc because when it comes to mentality, there is a difference between men/women living in East and West.

And this logic behind the net is becoming a fitna, when they see a person act like this, they automically paint as the "whole" group like her/him.
          for the last last I don't base my opinion on the internet.

Every body even knows how Somali women are always targeted by the Madkhalis and they do sick things to do them in marriage. The majority of the cases of the Madkhali marriage bandits are of Somali and revert sisters everybody knows about this

Comment

funny thread

yes I know Somalis who fit into those categories but so what. every other race/ethnicity in the ummah has people who fit into those groups. I don't think there is much difference between the brothers and the sisters. The only ones I see as a problem are the nationalists and madkhalis. I can't tolerate those. what's wrong with those claiming to be salafi? most of them can be tolerated even if one disagrees.

you're exaggerating the problem.
            people will never all agree on everything you know, there needs to be some tolerance
            Last edited by faatima18; 09-06-15, 06:58 AM.
            "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
            (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
            He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
              funny thread

yes I know Somalis who fit into those categories but so what. every other race/ethnicity in the ummah has people who fit into those groups. I don't think there is much difference between the brothers and the sisters. The only ones I see as a problem are the nationalists and madkhalis. I can't tolerate those. what's wrong with those claiming to be salafi? most of them can be tolerated even if one disagrees.

you're exaggerating the problem.
              people will never all agree on everything you know, there needs to be some tolerance
              yeah let speak about the ummah in all, not just one community

Comment

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
                Somalis now are expected to be Salafi I would be really surprised to meet a Somali who Is practicing and is not a Salafi

But the brothers I know ma sha Allah they just stick to their Quran and they are pious, haven't met a Madkali Somali brother or a Salafi Jihadi Somali brother face to face. They follow scholars like al Tarifi, Muhammad Hassan al dedew
                There's plenty of Somali brothers who are madkhali/extreme salafi. Aren't the majority of the brothers who have left from the UK to join Daesh Somali anyway? so I don't know where you're getting your facts from about Somali women.

That being said, I have also found that few Somali's, whether they are male or female follow a particular madhab. There's nothing wrong with that though.

Comment

Somali women either Madkhali/extreme Salafi or Salafi Jihadi or Nationalists

Sorry OP but you're extremely confused. Since when is Twitter an adequate representation of the outside world? Somali twitter is full of extreme nationalists, most of the Somalis you meet in real life aren't like that.

Secondly, these problems you mentioned are present within the entire Muslim community, not just Somalis. You mentioned Darusunnah in Shepherd's Bush, yes that may be full of Somalis (I've never been there so I'm not sure) but the Shepherd's Bush area itself is full of Somalis. So it's only logical that the masjids in that area are full of them.

And lastly, none of these problems are with Somali women only, that's quite frankly a stupid thing to say. There are tons of brothers that fit these categories as well, if not more.
                  اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

for the last last I don't base my opinion on the internet.

Every body even knows how Somali women are always targeted by the Madkhalis and they do sick things to do them in marriage. The majority of the cases of the Madkhali marriage bandits are of Somali and revert sisters everybody knows about this
                    Yet, you're on the internet asking for other people's opinions based on a few twitter posts..

Who is this elusive every body? I'm glad we're finally getting to the crux of the matter though, why didn't you just save us the trouble and make this clear in your original post?

It is rather silly of you to assume that it is a majority Somali problem, every Muslim community has to bear the brunt of these salafi marriage bandits. It is not exclusive to the Somali community and neither are they overly represented. The reason you keep hearing about Somali cases is because you're part of the Somali community and that makes sense...why would you hear about Pakistani and/or Arab sisters who are also affected by this? And it's not Somali women (or any other women) who are targeted, but it's naive,(often vulnerable) newly practicing young girls.

Comment

The majority of Somali women are either one of these 3 categories I think.

They are either extreme salafi/madkhali or they love ISIS and are very zealous or they are nationalist and are always spouting hatred against Arab people and how they are different to them blabla etc.

Before I deactivated my twiter account, Its as if 8/10 of the women who travelled the Daesh/ISIS were Somali women.
                      I am referring to the practicing ones, the ones who wear the khimar or niqab.

The days where Somalis were simple, followed athari aqeedah and follow the Shafi madhab are over. So sad.

At least the brothers are not as bad.
                      I suggest you stop taking twitter so seriously, people go on twitter as they've got something to say, so better to avoid such mediums of communication if it's going to upset you so much, and better to avoid following sisters so much anyway.
                      FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

So it's 90% of Indonesian women and 80% of Somali women...

Comment

The majority of Somali women are either one of these 3 categories I think.

They are either extreme salafi/madkhali or they love ISIS and are very zealous or they are nationalist and are always spouting hatred against Arab people and how they are different to them blabla etc.

Before I deactivated my twiter account, Its as if 8/10 of the women who travelled the Daesh/ISIS were Somali women.
                          I am referring to the practicing ones, the ones who wear the khimar or niqab.

The days where Somalis were simple, followed athari aqeedah and follow the Shafi madhab are over. So sad.

At least the brothers are not as bad.
                          what a weird thread and statement
                          you know ALL somali sisters?
                          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

I am accused on this thread as being a brother who follow sisters. I had around 30 followers on twitter and I followed around 50 and I am not sad enough to follow sisters on twitter. It was just to check the news every now and then as I don't watch the TV. If you are Somali go and ask your parents how many Somali girls are running away to Syria I don't need internet to prove my point.

I am a Somali man, I have Somali sisters I have a Somali mother who knows even more Somalis I have Somali friends who have sisters Somali brothers looking for sisters for marriage, its an issue and you can deny it whether you want to or not it wont change the facts the Somalis are in both of these extremes, either they embrace this Kharij ideology or they are Madkhalis

We are not like other communities who are very isolated we know almost everybody whether they are from South or East London you will know each other in Somali and we are very tight community. When I went to an arab country from the other side of the parent where I am, he knew my grandfather due to his tribe and my lineage so it shows how Somalis know each other very well I don't even think he was from my tribe To say things like "do you know all Somalis" is just avoiding the problem directly
                            Last edited by peras1; 09-06-15, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I am accused on this thread as being a brother who follow sisters. I had around 30 followers on twitter and I followed around 50 and I am not sad enough to follow sisters on twitter. It was just to check the news every now and then as I don't watch the TV. If you are Somali go and ask your parents how many Somali girls are running away to Syria I don't need internet to prove my point.

I am a Somali man, I have Somali sisters I have a Somali mother who knows even more Somalis I have Somali friends who have sisters Somali brothers looking for sisters for marriage, its an issue and you can deny it whether you want to or not it wont change the facts the Somalis are in both of these extremes, either they embrace this Kharij ideology or they are Madkhalis

We are not like other communities who are very isolated we know almost everybody whether they are from South or East London you will know each other in Somali and we are very tight community. When I went to an arab country from the other side of the parent where I am, he knew my grandfather due to his tribe and my lineage so it shows how Somalis know each other very well I don't even think he was from my tribe To say things like "do you know all Somalis" is just avoiding the problem directly
                              maybe the somali community you happen to live in is just in a particularly big mess?

Here in Leicester, of the somali families I know, almost all are just middle of the road salafis, neither supers or salafi jihadis. Same seemed to be true of those I knew in Sheffield before I moved from there a few years ago. A few supers, a few jihadi types but most middle of the road salafis.
                              FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

I really don't see your point there. Just because you're Somali and was raised in a Somali household doesn't mean that you're correct. Majority of the posters in this thread who are also Somali and were raised in a Somali household disagree with you and don't share your experiences.

Muslim communities in general are very tight knit so it isn't something unique to our community. The importance of kinship relations in Islam plays a key role in this.

Don't throw a tantrum because people disagree with your grossly generalized statements about Somali women. If this issue is related to finding a suitable spouse for yourself, it might be best to consult your parents and take their counsel.

Comment

Working...
                                X