Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does distance matter to you?

Assalamualaykum,

If for example your potential lives 100 miles (160 km) from you, would it affect your consideration?
    I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Re: Does distance matter to you?

:wswrwb:

No, i traveled to my husband's country to marry him..that's more than 7000 miles away from my home..
    sigpic

Comment

Not a problem as long as it's a good place. Majority of my cousins moved to different countries...actually continents.
      Nothing is impossible with Allah:o

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

No, i traveled to my husband's country to marry him..that's more than 7000 miles away from my home..
        i think he means post marriage. would you still have married him if you lived 7000mi apart

Comment

Originally posted by طالب العلمAhmed View Post
          i think he means post marriage. would you still have married him if you lived 7000mi apart
          She said she traveled to marry him. That means they were apart to start with. :|
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

No it wouldn't alhamdulilah

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
              She said she traveled to marry him. That means they were apart to start with. :|
              but she obviously didn't live 7000 miles apart after marriage. the point is there was no distance post marriage

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

how often do you visit your parents then?
                I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Walaikum assalaam

Nope doesn't matter to me

Comment

I prefer distance to be honest.
                    My heart will go on

Comment

To an extent. It is something to consider as it usually means one will have to move quite far away from their families. I would find it somewhat difficult and I think especially for women it can be hard as they are left without that support structure and if anything happens they have no-one to turn to.
                      ‎Verily amongst the people are those who are keys to good ‎and locks to evil. And amongst the people are those who ‎are keys to evil and locks to good. So glad tidings for the ‎one whom Allah has placed the keys of good upon his hands and woe be to the one ‎whom Allah has placed the keys of evil at his disposal. - Prophet Muhammad :saw:

Comment

Distance = preference. Not too close/not too far.
                        Through fire and water From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time The stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the earth But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done.

http://media.giphy.com/media/125pZ6JB0FVrxe/giphy.gif

Comment

Too close becomes a chore. Too far becomes alien.
                          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                          Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
                            Assalamualaykum,

If for example your potential lives 100 miles (160 km) from you, would it affect your consideration?

It does become a problem when it comes to the rights being fulfilled.
                            It can work in one of two ways,
                            If either one is planning to move to the other person , agreed before marriage so to avoid any confusion later on OR they agree to let go of some of the rights of each other for a while till they sort things out.

But in reality, things don't always turn out the way you want it to, so distance could be an issue, yes.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,Uhibbuki mithla m ant Uhibbuki kaifam kunteeeWa mahm kna mahma sra

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post

It does become a problem when it comes to the rights being fulfilled.
                              It can work in one of two ways,
                              If either one is planning to move to the other person , agreed before marriage so to avoid any confusion later on OR they agree to let go of some of the rights of each other for a while till they sort things out.

But in reality, things don't always turn out the way you want it to, so distance could be an issue, yes.
                              Originally posted by Thedon! View Post
                              Distance = preference. Not too close/not too far.
                              Originally posted by Serinity View Post
                              Too close becomes a chore. Too far becomes alien.
                              after marriage you'd live together, of course. what I mean is in consideration with the distance between the wife/husband and her/his family and old environment. also maybe the courting process, where you must travel back and forth to a meeting place or her/his house.

Comment

Working...
                              X