No announcement yet.

would you have your walimah your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you have your walimah your house?

:salams:
    Oops I forgot to add the 'in' up there ^ lol.

Would you have your wedding ceremony/walimah in your house? To be honest it saves soooo much money. I have been to quite a few ceremonies in people's houses, I think it's good. But I think masjid is better. What do you all think?
    Last edited by iRepIslam; 07-06-15, 06:35 PM.
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Re: would you have your walimah your house?

Wsalaams

I want nikah and walimah in masjid
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

I don't mind having it in a hall or in a masjid
      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
        I don't mind having it in a hall or in a masjid
        can I come to your walimah

Will there be hutki there
        Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
        ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
          can I come to your walimah

Will there be hutki there

You can come. But there won't be any hutki, i don't like hutki.
          They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

would you have your walimah your house?

I don't mind a small hall and masjid either, I'd probably wanna stick with masjid though.

I'm thinking if I had it in my house itl be proper inconvenient as it will take ages trying to feed a lot of people.

But if anyone has a small family and a limited amount of people they wanna invite to their wedding then they should consider a wedding in their own house, nothing wrong with that. :) saves a lot of money inshaAllah.
            The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

excuse my ignorance but do you pay money to a masjid to have a walimah there? Or do you mean a lot of people will come to the walimah and that costs a lot of money?
              My heart will go on

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                excuse my ignorance but do you pay money to a masjid to have a walimah there? Or do you mean a lot of people will come to the walimah and that costs a lot of money?
                Yes you do pay money in a masjid if you want your walimah there (if you're booking a hall)

i dont understand your second question sis lol, what did I say costs a lot of money?.. I said you save a lot of money x

Comment

:wswrwb:

But thats not glamourous....unless u live in a mansion or castle.

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                    Yes you do pay money in a masjid if you want your walimah there (if you're booking a hall)

i dont understand your second question sis lol, what did I say costs a lot of money?.. I said you save a lot of money x
                    We don't have that here that's why I am asking. Here it's either at home or you rent a special wedding hall.

I meant when you do the walimah in the masjid a lot of people come to eat? as in strangers too? So that must cost a lot of money for the food .. do I make sense or not lol.
                    My heart will go on

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                      :wswrwb:

But thats not glamourous....unless u live in a mansion or castle.
                      You can make it glamorous (if you have a big house) lol, but it's proper inconvenient and probably easier if you're from back home or something.

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                      We don't have that here that's why I am asking. Here it's either at home or you rent a special wedding hall.

I meant when you do the walimah in the masjid a lot of people come to eat? as in strangers too? So that must cost a lot of money for the food .. do I make sense or not lol.
                      Nah sis you can book halls for specific events and then invite people like how you'll invite them elsewhere. Strangers don't come unless you want them too lol, get it?

Comment

You can make it glamorous (if you have a big house) lol, but it's proper inconvenient and probably easier if you're from back home or something.

Exactly so why would you have it in a house? Seems kinda lame. Wedding is supposed to be special. No harm spending money on it.

Comment

As salaam alaykum
                          I would definitely have it at home. Small and low key with the people who matter insha'Allah
                          No Longer On UF

Comment

Nah sis you can book halls for specific events and then invite people like how you'll invite them elsewhere. Strangers don't come unless you want them too lol, get it?
                            We don't have wedding halls in a masjid. That's why I am confused. In my understanding a masjid is for salah, qoran studies, lectures.. not for weddings and other events.

I think I found a new business plan. hehe
                            My heart will go on

Comment

Dont think so

not sure regardless
                              Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Working...
                              X