This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engagement Ring

Last edited by salp; 19-07-15, 07:28 PM.

Re: Engagement Ring

Hello

Sorry, but I don't even know what that is?

Can't you google it? Maybe ask your mum what she thinks? Does the girl come from a wealthy background? Consider all these and spend reasonably, because that is expensive! lol
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Wow lool that much for a ring? Anyways pick the one that looks best

Comment

Originally posted by salp View Post
        Hi everyone... this question is for the sisters...

I am looking to buy a engagement ring.I am thinking of a solitaire single stone...

Tiffanys is around 15K for 1 carat. Zales I get the same for 6K. Should I get 2ct Zales or 1ct Tiffanys? Is there any other place I should consider?

I make around 400K/yr, so is this a reasonable amount to spend?

All numbers USD.
        You have to figure out what your future wife will prefer. Ask her family to investigate for you. Yes, put on your Sherlock Holmes hat, that's exactly what I am saying.
        Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim. (O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)

Comment

I think they all look just the same... I dont have an eye for these things... totally clueless....

I dont think she cares too much about it, but I really am not sure how important this is to girls. My biggest point of confusion is a 2ct Zales or a 1Ct Tiffany.. Both cost around 15K.

She is from a similar socio economic background as mine/

Comment

yeh they all look the same to me too! good luck! ha ha

Depends on the girl, I know for some girls it means a lot lol

I'm guessing zales is the same as carat? :S

Ask your female relatives for advice as well.
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

I think they all look just the same... I dont have an eye for these things... totally clueless....

I dont think she cares too much about it, but I really am not sure how important this is to girls. My biggest point of confusion is a 2ct Zales or a 1Ct Tiffany.. Both cost around 15K.

Well, engagement rings aren't even Islamic to begin with, and I assume this is only for her, so it ought to be to her taste.
              "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) forbade gold for the males of this ummah. He saw a man wearing a ring of gold and he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) took if from his hand and said, “Would any one of you take a coal from the fire and hold it in his hand?” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Libaas wa’l-Zeenah, 3897)." But as far as I am aware, silver and other precious metals are allowed for males. Hope this helps, insha'Allah.
              Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim. (O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)

Comment

Hmmm I don't know. Not too fond of pricy rocks. But I hear the price difference depends on the cut, that is, how much light bounces off which makes it sparkle more. I saw a set of tasabih in a cultural center that sparkle so much it's amazing. I'm not sure if they were emarald or just plain stone but they looked really awesome. Something worth looking at. SubhanAllah, you realize how amazing Allah is when you look at them because these stones are His creation and they are so splendid. You just want to look at them.

Comment

Comment

^ Good point

a ring is not even necessary, this is what is the norm in the West and Christian marriages. Obviously, everyone has their preferences.

Comment

Last edited by salp; 19-07-15, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I am looking to buy a engagement ring.I am thinking of a solitaire single stone...

Tiffanys is around 15K for 1 carat. Zales I get the same for 6K. Should I get 2ct Zales or 1ct Tiffanys? Is there any other place I should consider?

All numbers USD.
                        Ya Allah,
                        Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
                        "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

All numbers USD.
                          I have zero knowledge about rings....
                          but wouldn't the girl like gold rings? They look very beautiful, not as pricey, easier to find, and you can buy like ten of them rather than one of the diamond-yish thingies you buy at department stores.

My aunt bought this beautiful gold ring with a ruby-like gem thingamajig and it was so dazzling, it looks absolutely beautiful on henna.
                          She got it for 200$ though, to me that is a lot....but maybe you can buy those. So long as it's gold.....
                          Remember, after you get married, you'l probably have to spend on her...and considerably on jewelry as well...whatever amount you make, I would recommend spending smart from the start (hey, that rhymes).

All the bets, wish you well, insha Allah. :up:
                          Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

I respect your opinions,islamic rulings etc. But that is not what I came here asking. Are there any married sisters who have husbands/fiances from a similar background as I mentioned above? What did they get you?
                            Ask her which she prefers if you're bent on getting one of the two.

Comment

She will be wearing it 24/7.. Atleast thats what most women here in the USA do. Which is why I think its worth spendin what I am. It also depends on what you make... I have heard the standard here is 1 month salary. By that measure, I look like a cheapskate with a 15K ring.

I should add, knowing what I do know about her, this is not her "expectation". she would be happy if i tied a piece of plastic on her ring finger. This is just me wanting to do something that she may appreciate.

Comment

Working...
                              X