Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Muslim Women Marriage Crisis

Originally posted by Kya View Post
    Its true, my super religious tabligi jamaat brother who didn't want a modern wife with career or work interest, still rejected girls because they went to 2 year community college instead of having a real degree. His logic is,
    why ? :scratch:

Comment

wheh? I heard something very similar but I think I'm getting married in the next few years

Comment

Originally posted by ari1449 View Post
        wheh? I heard something very similar but I think I'm getting married in the next few years
        It's not true :(

Comment

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
          It's not true :(
          oh well xp

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
            Yes but it's not about quantity. It's about quality also

And very few women want to marry from back home and you know why that is. And it's understandable why women don't want to marry from back home because of them marrying for your passport, being obsessed with the west, etc
            The women man go back home to marry are marring them for their passport too. Why else would a girl leave her home land & fly half way across the world with no family support for a guy she just met, had it not been for his passport. Like I said it all evens out in the end.

I have watched young men go back home to get wife thinking they will get quality there only to realize after living together for a year that their wife is no different from the girl they grew up in west just happens to speak different language. The same sister they rejected in their early/mid 20's has evolved in her 30's into the ideal Muslima & mother & leading sisters halaqa which the guys back home wife attends. Now they wife from East & girl from West are good friends & often have play dates. The girl who had to go back home to marry struggled in her early days financially but she put her husband thru certification & now they are living the American/Muslim dream as much as the guy who went back home to marry. They too have become good friends. I watch my cousins who are in their mid 30's & grew up in west, some went back home some married in USA & some are as different as it gets but as they are reaching their 40's they all seem to be in same playing field.

The big separation and crisis that's noticed in our 20's blends out in our 30's and slowly disappears as we get older. Everyone ends up in same place

Comment

Last edited by wifeseeker; 12-04-15, 03:50 PM. Reason: ;-)

Comment

Aoa,

I am from Pakistan, went to the UK for the sake studies, frankly, I could make good accent and people would get an impression that I was a brit born from midlands until that I would proudly tell them " Naaa....I am from Pakistan!!"

British desi girls attracted me up to an extent that I seriously wanted to 'marry one', ( large muscular built, 6' 1/2" Height, no clubbing, never touched a girl, never drank/smoked etc) but could never gather the courage to pursue the desire because honestly I never felt really respected in the brit born desi circles, mostly in south and comparatively rarely in north & Midlands. I fell for a girl as well, a hijabi, could never walk to her... and the week I got my result, I preferred to come back than to live like a second grade citizen even amongst my own skin....

Apropos to a number of topics in this forum where girls specially and guys generally are struggling to find an up-to-the-level spouse, I would just like to highlight my view that maybe there is a fair need to give a review to the general "Freshie" impression carried amongst masses about the non-brit born desis. Listen friends! bygone are the times when people from back home couldn't speak proper english or couldn't match the western lifestyle. Start respecting them, they are today what your parents were yesterday.

I am not suggesting you to marry someone from a village or someone uneducated, but rather than staying unmarried for good, isn't it better to open your doors let them mingle en masse with you and I can assure you can find gem boys and jewel girls and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                  I'm not affected by any of these issues.

There are lots of other reasons why people might be single, and it's not always because their "marriageable value" has gone down.
                  Made the points the article made years ago, and went into more detail but whatever. Anyway another problem is sister's don't understand men partly due to a lack of face to face contact with males and partly due to being sheltered, speaking only to women, watching women's TV shows etc, etc. All that contributes to stupid ideas and fantasies.
                  "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

Originally posted by SheSaid View Post
                    I don't think this is recent, I've been hearing about this marriage crisis for the past ten years through internet articles and its probably been going on longer then that. I don't know if its isolated to the west either.
                    The scenario is the East is different. The mahr is a killer in the Middle East, unless you're a Saudi. There are more backward Muslims, villagers who can't read or write and hold onto stupid tribal customs. The men in Morocco are said to be a disgrace which explains why Moroccan girls look overseas.
                    "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

Originally posted by .Singaporean View Post
                      Isn't loans haraam?
                      Aren't not isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X