Comment

Re: Muslim Women Marriage Crisis

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
      come again!!
      Sorry?

Comment

Muslim Women Marriage Crisis

:wswrwb:

Do people actually make their husband pay back their loan... Must be rich if he does.
        إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post

Do people actually make their husband pay back their loan... Must be rich if he does.
          Yep, I know a recent case-brother I know engaged to a sister and one of the conditions of the marriage is that he pays back her uni loans.. the thing is uni loans here are paid monthly in small increments and he has middle management position so he will do it.

Comment

Wow. 21000 though plus interest

It's not really that much because they only take little by instalments. It will take so many years to clear though..

Is it part of her Mahr :/ ?
            Why can't she pay it herself if she got herself a degree and would probably work

Comment

Wow. 21000 though plus interest

It's not really that much because they only take little by instalments. It will take so many years to clear though..

Is it part of her Mahr :/ ?
              Why can't she pay it herself if she got herself a degree and would probably work
              It's pretty difficult to find an entry level position based on the field of your degree, although I"m unsure if she will still continue to apply for jobs after they get married. Their was an article that I recall time back which ties into your question, increasing number of women declaring the Mehr to be payment of loan (whether significant amount or in full) due to low job opportunities for grads. It's also interesting to note that most brothers that do undertake a post secondary education take a loan- so taking this into account ladies need to be aware of the circumstances that many brothers face.

Comment

:sub: indeed. Brothers more or less have their own problems to face, may Allah make it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by DaAkh View Post
                  It's pretty difficult to find an entry level position based on the field of your degree, although I"m unsure if she will still continue to apply for jobs after they get married. Their was an article that I recall time back which ties into your question, increasing number of women declaring the Mehr to be payment of loan (whether significant amount or in full) due to low job opportunities for grads. It's also interesting to note that most brothers that do undertake a post secondary education take a loan- so taking this into account ladies need to be aware of the circumstances that many brothers face.
                  I've read that this is all is increasingly being forecast in the USA.
                  I don't think a lot of it holds as true in the UK.
                  Muslim population here tend to occupy the lower social classes, so people in general are not as educated. Plus the loan system has only come out recently and is only tied to earnings - so one could qualify, fail to get a job and not pay back the loan.
                  Besides one of the issues in america is that the muslims are much more spread out and some communities don't tend to have the same links as the UK.

Besides 22 is not really considered past it for a girl. There was a time when >20 was considered late for a girl, and >25 for a guy.
                  But now I think its more >25 for ladies, and >30 for the gents. These are just generalisations - I'm sure we all know people who are much older and have got married.

Personally I don't the problem is woman's education as much. I think the problem is that beforehand people got married as quickly as they could. The minute there was some income, and a decent proposal, people got married and then worked to establish a good life. Nowadays both men and women now only married when they are 'set', and this can be late 20's, early 30's for a lot of people in grad programs or professional work. Secondly, as muslims we are just not as connected as older generations. Other than work/university (and for a few the local mosque), people just don't know other families and their reputations as well.

Comment

6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Salam All,

This is an interesting recent article I read about an increasing trend where ALOT of women now here in the west(muslim) are permanently so to speak are going to be either single or childless until they die.

Short but MUST read(esp for young muslim women on this site to know whats going on): rishu. c a/post/31757751231/muslim-spinster-crisis

Basic points of the article:

-After the age of 22 the marriageable value of a muslim female goes down in most cultures and in the eyes of most men
                      -pushing young women to get educated and to get jobs, and now they’re being penalized for their ambition
                      -alot of women take huge amounts of student loans to do a bachelors degree or masters,etc and then want their husband to pay it off when he himself is already going through a tough time
                      -women must understand todays economic system- wages ARE going DOWN, unemployment is increasing for men and there is a lot of competition for jobs out their due to immagration,etc
                      -this whole MR.RIGHT concept that has deluded ALOT of muslim women is what is hurting their chances to getting married. Thanks to hollywood,bollywood, music industry,television,social media,etc it creates an unrealistic ideal for women to want
                      -alot of men have no problem marrying from their parents native land(if they were immigrants) or finding a foreign bride so this crisis does not really affect them to much, for men its just the economical/financial part, once that is solved they can easily find a wife
                      this is most likely to escalate very quickly, the sisters on here do not like to hear this news
                      FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Outreach4Islam View Post
                        this is most likely to escalate very quickly, the sisters on here do not like to hear this news
                        Well I'm just stating the facts. Alarming trends related to divorce, increase in women being single and rampant confusion in the times of fitan that we live in.

Comment

Well I'm just stating the facts. Alarming trends related to divorce, increase in women being single and rampant confusion in the times of fitan that we live in.
                          end of the day more women attend university than men,
                          more women save themselves for marriage than men,
                          the level of sticking to the deen which is considered 'practicing' for sisters is less than for men so more 'practicing' sisters than brothers,
                          the income level expected for men is greater (obviously) but sometimes it's just silly requirements,
                          on top of that many men marry back home anyway,
                          a woman in the eyes of many men (not all) becomes less desirable after a certain age,
                          most men prefer to marry someone younger than themselves,
                          3x as many revert women than men, who also have a tendancy to be more highly educated than revert men,

Add all these factors compound on top of each other.

so if you are a sister your chances of finding what is considered a 'suitable' match by your family, of the correct race, who is also practicing, earning a decent wage, etc etc etc is far, far less than a brother looking for marriage.

yet most sisters refuse to face these facts and end up waiting until much older before they drop their requirements some what.
                          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Outreach4Islam View Post
                            end of the day more women attend university than men,
                            more women save themselves for marriage than men,
                            the level of sticking to the deen which is considered 'practicing' for sisters is less than for men so more 'practicing' sisters than brothers,
                            the income level expected for men is greater (obviously) but sometimes it's just silly requirements,
                            on top of that many men marry back home anyway,
                            a woman in the eyes of many men (not all) becomes less desirable after a certain age,
                            most men prefer to marry someone younger than themselves,
                            3x as many revert women than men, who also have a tendancy to be more highly educated than revert men,

Add all these factors compound on top of each other.

so if you are a sister your chances of finding what is considered a 'suitable' match by your family, of the correct race, who is also practicing, earning a decent wage, etc etc etc is far, far less than a brother looking for marriage.

yet most sisters refuse to face these facts and end up waiting until much older before they drop their requirements some what.
                            6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Originally posted by Kalikatu View Post
                              I heard Jannah had pretty awesome spouses too. You can die tomorrow anyway.
                              Also I heard that if you die a virgin you get straight ticket to Paradise.
                              :banan: For real?

Comment

Working...
                              X